[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you ever give up drinking soda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 216x233
Would you ever give up drinking soda?
>>
no one needs to give it up unless they've got really bad dental problems
>>
>images.jpg
>>
>>7410978
>being mobile cancer
>>
I already have, ask me anything.
>>
I'd love to give up the caffeinated jew but it's so fucking good and so easily available. I can limit myself to a can a day which is nice, but I really do want to cut it out entirely because of all the sugar. I just can't since I'm a weak-willed fagboi.
>>
I gave up approximately 8 years ago when I was still a teenager. In the end the taste and feel of soda is not worth it for the number of Calories. 10/10 times I'd rather eat cake, biscuits or dried friuts than have a disappointing soda.
>>
Why should I? Im at a perfectly normal weight, maybe even a little underweight. And my teeth are excellent.

I think everyone should be able to eat or drink whatever they want; but in moderation. When you eat or drink too much of one food, that's where the problems start.

I just really hate the dietary shit that says Coke is the carbonated form of Satan. Moderation is key.

Anyone else agree with me?
>>
I have, fatass
>>
File: Jarritos Lime.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Jarritos Lime.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>7410978
I didn't drink soda from 2006-2014.
I did a little back sliding the last couple years.

Currently enjoying pic related with my asada torta.
Goddamn it's good.

Also been drinking sugar free energy drinks since 2013. This is probably what initiated the backslide but I was working 16-18 hour shifts as much as 4 of 5 days a week for the better part of 6 months.
About killed me.
>>
>>7411014

>10/10 times I'd rather eat cake, biscuits or dried friuts than have a disappointing soda.

i have the opposite opinion
>>
>>7411017
It is basically candy water with carbonation. It's not good for you in any sense, but it can be enjoyed as a treat. Even beer and wine can be better for you if you have one a day.
>>
>>7411045
Same guy as before here. I agree with you, carbonated drinks aren't made to he consumed once a day; more like once a week, or even once a month.

I really can't stand the taste of alchohol, so I can't say much about the wine and beer part.
>>
>>7410978
There's a few sodas I still drink but only every 2 or 3 weeks. I've given up colas entirely.

Also gave up coffee ,not that I drank it with any regularity before. I tried to start up after not drinking for like 2 years, but no matter what kind it was horribly bitter. also I had a violent reaction to it. vomit, shakes, hyperventilating, shits. guess I'm never having coffee again.
>>
No. Everything in moderation.
>>
After drinking 1-3 cans of pepsi/day as a teenager, I now drink soda once per month or so. Only the first sip or two taste good to me and it has to be ice-cold.

>tfw coffee and beer have supplanted my former vice
>>
>>7411074
Yeah, I get ya. I love beer, dark silky smooth stouts for the winter, fruity even flowery crisp ipas in the summer. My go to drink is earl grey. I'll drink a gallon of it a day sometimes. To much caffeine, I know, but it's so good. Just a hint of Splenda and a splash of milk if I'm craving dessert.
>>
Not completely, but I only drink it like once a week or less.
>>
>>7411156
Now I want a beer. Why is beer so damn good?
>>
>>7411128
Do you take bullets in moderation too?
>>
Am I the only american who does not like soda?

And that's not even a "get fit losers" thing. I'm a fatass American, just not one that drinks soda.

Water, all the way.
>>
>>7411074

>I agree with you, carbonated drinks aren't made to he consumed once a day; more like once a week, or even once a month.

completely arbitrary
>>
>>7411004
What soda is your fave?
>>
>>7410978
I think the more important is this: why would anybody start? The stuff tastes vile and I struggle to tolerate it by itself.
>>
>>7411239

Most grownups don't drink soda.

Just water and alcohol for me. Soda is disgustingly sweet.
>>
>>7410978
I already did 6-7 years ago.
>>
>>7411239
You're a fatass faggot is what you are
>>
>>7410978
Yes, I already did a few years ago. Never really miss it, the very few times I have a it now it tastes so sweet I almost feel sick.
>>
>>7411252
>grownups
Why do people here love throwing around this patronizing term? Is it because being "grownup" gives you something to respect about yourself and forget about your shit life?
>>
>>7411264
you'll get it when you're older kid ;^)
>>
>>7411264

Underage detected.
>>
>>7411264
I think it's a pretty accepted fact that children like sugar a lot more than most adults.
>>
I don't really like soda especially coke, it gives an aftertaste that stays on for so long and it's too fizzy. Only ones I might get are the san pellegrino ones.
I actually really enjoy plain cold water.
I'd rather have a beer instead.
>>
>>7411382
And what about sparkling water?
>>
I already did about ten years ago. It was easy.

I occasionally drink coke or tonic water in highballs.
If someone hands me a free coke on a hot day I will gladly accept it. I have no desire to buy it myself though.
>>
I successfully stopped buying coke and soft drink packs last year. Once in a while I'll buy a can of something from the asian shop if I want a sweet treat and on the rare occasion I go out to eat.

Not gonna give it up completely.
>>
>>7411461

You should move on to fermented sugar waters; there's a whole world of drinks you're missing out there.
>>
>>7410978
already have
>>
>>7411558
>fermented sugar waters
alcohol? i dont like alcohol

i like brewed sodas like fentimans though
>>
>>7410978
It's not like you lose something worth missing.
In all honesty, soda is only good on a hot day, after physical activity, and it ends after the first chug. And even then, you can replace it with cold water or, even better, beer.
>>
>>7410978
I drink a lot of soda because I find it seems to help with digestion of certain foods. I could give it up and just drink sparkling water though.
>>
I drink a lot of diet soda almost 18 diet sodas a day. I cant stop myself. the craving is almost insatiable. Help me!
>>
>>7411128
bet you say the same thing about dicks, eh, fagola
>>
File: k30c_1z.jpg (144 KB, 536x1600) Image search: [Google]
k30c_1z.jpg
144 KB, 536x1600
I'm usually an everything in moderation guy, but soda is pretty bad. Haven't had it in probably five years. Stick to water, unsweet tea, black coffee, beer, and red wine these days. Ito En master race.
>>
>>7410978
Nah. I'm gonna die anyway. At least let me enjoy what life I have left.
>>
Naw. I'm addicted to soda, mainly cola and mtn dew, like drug addicts are addicted to drugs.
>>
>>7410978
I could never become addicted to that swill in the first place. Most overrated drink in history. Shit even gives me a headache. Coffee does not.
>>
I gave up drinking soda years ago. if I had to guess, probably 4 or 5 years.
I feel a lot better for it and weigh less. I just took up drinking tea instead of soda.

I do a gin and tonic instead of a vodka sprite now, too. it doesn't save you many calories but every bit helps. next stop: gin and water...
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.