[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making some crab stuffed mushrooms later. Any tips/advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image-1.jpg (98 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
image-1.jpg
98 KB, 800x576
Making some crab stuffed mushrooms later. Any tips/advice?

Also do stuffed mushrooms make you fart?
>>
It all depends on the crab you buy. I don't recommend using the crumbled "meat" packed in water for outrageous prices.
>>
Why would stuffing them make you fart? Mushrooms contain significant quantities of mannitol, an isomer of sorbitol, both of which are sugar alcohols (polyols) that, for some people, are poorly absorbed in the small intestine and rapidly fermented by gut bacteria typically leading to gas production. In sensitive individuals with IBS, 1 or 2 mushrooms can trigger symptoms, however in healthy individuals it would probably take a much larger amount to trigger significant gas or discomfort.
>>
Be prepared for a LOT of liquid to come out of the shrooms. This seems to be the biggest problem, the sheet pan gets flooded with liquid and its never really flat so it all runs to one corner.
It would be nice if you shared the recipe you are following, and post a picture of the key ingredients you are using. Otherwise, how can we help?
And yes, farts. Intestinal cramping. Shrooms in any quantity play hell with your intestines, but that's the price you pay.
>>
>>7410669

You can avoid that by partially pre-cooking the mushrooms as well as the stuffing before you assemble them.

Also when you stuff them you can scoop out the majority of the mushroom "meat" leaving only a thin shell of the mushroom behind.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.