[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that 100% blue agave Tequila doesn't cause a hangover?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: tequila-health-benefits.jpg (79 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tequila-health-benefits.jpg
79 KB, 1000x1000
Is it true that 100% blue agave Tequila doesn't cause a hangover?
>>
Not true at all.
>>
Alcohol doesn't work that way.
>>
>>7410198
No one ever said that.

But mix-to tequilas have a higher chance of causing hang overs. So only buy 100% agave. You're welcome. Delete the thread.
>>
>>7410199
>>7410200
>>7410206
so the sugars aren't more digestible than in other alcohols? or is just a less harsh hangover?
>>
>>7410215
It's not the sugar that causes hangovers, it's alcohol. There are other compounds that affect the hangover, but you can't get a hangover from soda, and drinking alcohol will cause a hangover, even if a really minor one.
>>
>>7410215
Cheaper alcohol has more impurities in it that are going to make you feel like shit the next.
>>
>>7410198
1. The residual sugar in alcohol isn't what causes the hangover.
2. Tequila, along with all other spririts contain no sugar.
3. Alcohol's dehydrating effect and toxic metabolites of alcohol are what causes a hangover.
4. Delete this thread and avoid fucking up in the future.

:^)
>>
>>7410198
Are you retarded or something? Ethanol causes hangover. If you get drunk from drinking it then it will cause hangover.
>>
>>7410245
>>7410242
don't be so harsh, thats societys fault. legal drinking age of 21 is plain stupid..
>>
>>7410245
>>7410248
To be fair, this kid is right in that alcohol with less impurities is going to cause less of a hangover, but a hangover is possible from drinking any kind of alcohol if you don't stay hydrated.
>>
>>7410248
Come on, you have to question the logic of person who believes that a normally notorious side effect of getting drunk is negated because the alcohol is made from a special fruit.
>>
>>7410256
>alcohol with less impurities is going to cause less of a hangover

There, it was posted already. Now shut the fuck up, permavirgin.
>>
>>7410312
Right but the impurities come from bad distilling practice, not which fermentables you use. Vodka can be anywhere from a near pure solution of ethanol in water, to blindness inducing lead water.
>>
>>7410198
Seeing as real tequila hasn't existed since NAFTA, what does it matter? You may as well ask if unicorn shit will make your dick bigger.
>>
Alcohol causes hangovers when dehydrated regardless of source

>be OP
>lack any critical thinking
>>
>>7410382

It also causes hangover even when you hydrate a lot.
>>
>>7410356
>Seeing as real tequila hasn't existed since NAFTA
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>7410356
Why would free trade with Canada and Mexico eliminate real tequila?
>>
>>7410198
Only one way to find out.
>>
>>7410440
>>7410491
Modern "tequila" is made from cane sugar and possibly trace of agave if you pay out the ass. NAFTA made sugar so much more profitable to grow in Mexico compared to agave that agave'd continued cultivation is akin to suicide for farmers.
>>
>>7410569
>All tequila is Jose Cuervo
This is what you sound like right now. Are you literally retarded? I could go to the liquor store and buy a high quality, artisan/craft style 100% blue agave tequila right now for $30 or $40. Blanco, resposado, anejo, whatever.

Also
>Completely forgetting about how trendy Mezcal is and the various agave used in its distillation
Just stop posting you conspiracy theorist.
>>
If it contains alcohol and you drink sufficiently (enough to be drunk) you will have a hangover.

There is no alcoholic drink which can bypass this medical rule.

The best way to avoid hangovers is to be athletic and exercise a lot. It's about you, not the drink.
>>
>>7410616
Nah dude, the best way to avoid hangovers (aside from not drinking hurr) is being an alcoholic and being so used to waking up hungover that you adapt and just think that's how you're supposed to feel in the morning.
>>
i can avoid a hangover if i've gone a whole week without drinking.

i have a nice fresh liver ready to process toxins.

if my liver is already bogged down with toxins from previous days of drinking, i can expect some wicked hangovers.
>>
So ck. Whats the best cheap tequila in Canada
>>
>>7410791
Kirkland Signature
>>
>>7410569
You aren't allowed to call it "tequila" unless it is made with 100% blue agave. There's no way around that, there are governing bodies that ensure this.
>>
>>7410198
Why is that Spanish whisky surrounded by limes?
>>
>>7410198
Is it true that my dick in your ass doesn't hurt you?
>>
>>7410930

Probably because they're a traditional accompaniment for "spanish whiskey". Lol.
>>
>>7410942
What, do you chew them?
>>
>>7410895
There are government bodies that say you can't call horse meat beef, woodpulp and cheap cheese parmesan, or tilapia literally every other fish in the sea, but here we are. This shit about tequila being fake was all over the news, including the NY Times a few years back; it's not just shit I read on a troll thread.
>>
>>7410934
with your shrimpy little "dick", yeah thats true
>>
>>7410955

Yep. Lick the salt. Shoot the booze. Bite the lime.

http://www.wikihow.com/Drink-a-Tequila-Shot
>>
>>7411011

Are you implying that because there exist some cases of product fraud that therefore it must happen 100% of the time?
>>
>>7410397
>It also causes hangover even when you hydrate a lot.

I don't find.
>>
>>7410895
This.
Giant blue agave is the only type that is legal for tequila production in Mexico.
If your tequila comes from anywhere else, better do some research.
>>7411011
Big brands won't risk their name on something so stupid.

Also, who the hell would buy tequila that isn't one of the top 10 names anyway?
If you don't care about drinking trash, just buy the $5, 1.5liter bottle of vodka/gin at the liquor store.
>>
>>7411129
>Big brands won't risk their name on something so stupid.

They might not know. During the recent horsemeat-labeled-as-beef scandal in Europe there were plenty of major brands involved. They were duped by their suppliers.

Consider you're a giant company who makes tequila. You don't actually own the agave farms yourself. You buy agave from a network of distributors and smaller farmers. One or more of them could sell you incorrectly labeled product. So even if you have good intentions you could be the victim of fraud by a supplier. Unless you scrutinize every batch and test everything you wouldn't know. Now you're thinking, well, why not test everything then? Because it's fucking expensive. The companies involved in the horsemeat scandal didn't test all the "beef" they bought, did they?
>>
>>7411160
>liquor branded by a company that does not distill the spirits itself

Yea, that could be an issue.
>>
>>7411197

Even if they do the distillation themselves they are still procuring their ingredients from other sources.

Now of course I'm not saying this always happens, but it could.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.