[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /ck/ rate Basa fish fillets? In Australia they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: fish-basa.jpg (5 KB, 398x177) Image search: [Google]
fish-basa.jpg
5 KB, 398x177
How does /ck/ rate Basa fish fillets? In Australia they're dirt cheap and imported from vietnam. They're fish farmed and I've done some googling and they seem to be pretty healthy and not contaminated. Apparently they're basically the same as catfish farmed in the USA only tastier and a lot cheaper.

I've been making laksa with them, baking them in the oven with greek seasonings and garnishes and generally just been eating a bunch of fish lately.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
File: 1420965567727.jpg (181 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1420965567727.jpg
181 KB, 750x750
>>
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
>PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!!!!!!!
>DADDY NEVER LOVED ME SO I SEEK VALIDATION FROM OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>AFTER ONLY SIX MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>ON /CK/, ONE OF THE SLOWER BOARDS ON 4CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>BECAUSE I JUST CAME HERE FROM /B/ LAST TUESDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was actually going to help you, but then I opened your thread from the catalog, saw >>7410122 and decided to tell you to fuck off back to your dropbears and cork hats instead.
>>
>>7410137
I've been on 4chan since 07 but never been on /ck/ before lol.
>>
File: q4.jpg (41 KB, 374x374) Image search: [Google]
q4.jpg
41 KB, 374x374
>Australia
>dirt cheap
>imported from vietnam
>fish farmed
>catfish (i.e. mercury fish)
>baking
>>
File: 1rritant.jpg (22 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
1rritant.jpg
22 KB, 265x300
>>7410122
>>7410161
animu
>>
>>7410137
Projecting kek
>>
>>7410171
stop posting this picture
>>
>>7410161
They're not in the ocean and they aren't fed other fish so they wouldn't have a high mercury level.

You can actually make some amazingly delicious meals by putting fish in the oven wrapped in foil with kalamata olives, seasoning and spanish onion. I've been serving it on a bed of spinach with crumbled fetta on top. My gf loves it (although she sucks at cooking).

>>7410172
I felt the same way but didn't want to be super rude.
>>
>>7410109
speaking of fish fillets, has anyone else noticed that a bunch of the frozen fish in the US is now coming from China? Fuck that shit, I am not eating food from China and especially not fish, who knows what they feed those fish and what kind of polluted waters those fish grow up in?

I was at Aldi's the other day looking at frozen fish with the "Sea Queen" label and literally every one of them said they were products of china.
>>
>>7411255
It depends on the quality of testing, I have done some research and I've read that the US fisheries and fish farms aren't that crash hot either. Unless it's Alaskan salmon.
>>
They're shit. Where in Australia do you live? If you need cheap frozen fish I'm pretty sure aldi sells wild catchment frozen flounder or barramundi or something. I mean farmed fish can be okay. American farmed catfish is fine for instance. But anything farmed in Asia is nopesville. Honestly, if you're so poor, then you need to do one of a few things

1. Buy something farmed in Australia that isnt dogshit. Tasmanian salmon, for instance, is dogshit.
OR
2. Buy something wild and canned (nutrient loss, but still better than nothing) or otherwise preserved.
OR
3. Buy something wild and cheap (like sardines or mackerel) either fresh or frozen
4. Buy something frozen or fresh that's either reputably farmed (and definitely never asian).
OR
5. Buy something that's wild and fresh and expensive but do it less often.
Or
6. Learn to fish, buy some crab traps, whatever.
>>
>>7411308
I could afford more, I am just a frugal person and the vietnamese basa is tasty. I'm curious as to WHY they're shit. Can you list any reasons?
>>
>>7411308
why is tasmanian salmon dogshit?
>>
>>7411308
well? fucking faggot
>>
>>7411308
Dude learn how to fish. Relaxing as fuck and fun
>>
>>7411236
does she suck at cock too ?
>>
>>7411730
Farmed salmon is always shit. They're fed corn and soy, have lower omega 3 levels, are full of antibiotics and they pollute the environment and fuck up native wild fish.
>>
>>7411439
Asian countries have literally no quality control. It's cheaper to churn out fish that live in less than ideal environments and literally nobody in Asia cares about harming the natural ecosystems.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.