[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick And Easy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 20160220-cacio-e-pepe-21.jpg (268 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
20160220-cacio-e-pepe-21.jpg
268 KB, 1500x1125
On a whim I just made this:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/02/spaghetti-cacio-e-pepe-roman-snack-pasta.html

I've always thought that the best cooking was the most elaborate.

It came out very good, filled me up and was super simple.

What other very simple (low ingredient count, easy technique) recipes do you all have? What are your go to recipes like this that are fast and easy?
>>
Poor man's spaghetti.
It's basically just spaghetti,parmesan cheese grated on top,oil,and three/four eggs cooked sunny side up and slapped on top of the pasta itself after it has been cooked.
Also called spaghetti alla puveriello,although you'd find the recipe in italian.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVmjOVTRTj4
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (68 KB, 597x417) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
68 KB, 597x417
I didn't check out your link, so sorry if my dish is too similar to yours, but I have been making a bomb ass Cajun Alfredo for a while now and have been loving it.

Saute fresh garlic (until slightly browning, don't let that shit burn) with protein of your choice.
Add white wine, season.
After you've let the alcohol simmer away, add heavy cream, bring up to a medium simmer.
Then add your Cajun seasoning, make your own, buy a package, w.e
simmer that seasoning in that bitch until you have a nice creamy, homogenized cream sauce going, and then add some parmesan.
Add noodles of choice, and toss.
Add some more parm and toss that through as well.
Plate, with more PARM to garnish.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I cook 1/2 - 1 whole bag of noodles when I buy them, and th4en store them in bags in the fridge, so I can just reach for em and dump em in. Taking away the cook time for the noodles, this is a <10 minute dish and it is fucking delicious.

Add much less or no parmesan for a more traditional, less cheesy Alfredo.

But lets be real, dat Parm.

Pic related but not OC. Comes out looking awfully similar, but without that red shit.
>>
>>7408711
>I've always thought that the best cooking was the most elaborate.
Why would you think that?
>>
>>7408711

did you put any fish sauce in it?
>>
>>7408711
Lentil soup is pretty good. It's not really fast, but it doesn't take up much of your time to make it, and making a huge amount doesn't take much more time than a smaller amount.

>saute onion
>saute garlic
>add water/broth
>add lentils
>add whatever else you want
>add spices; salt, black pepper, cayenne, cumin for me
>bring to a boil
>lower heat to simmer, leave it for at least an hour, longer if you want the lentils to really disintegrate

Soups in general are easy
>>
thats what carbonara is OP. spaghetti with some spices and parmesian tossed in. painfully simple and painfully satisfying
>>
>>7408722
why not just turn it into baconless carbonara? fried eggs on top of pasta sounds a little strange
>>
>>7408711
>>7408805
'Mirin your 'nara m8s
>>
>>7408711
After cacio and pepe make some aglio&olio&peperoncino. But add some pecorino on top for added dankness.
>>
>>7408711
Did you use this exact recipe/method?
>>
>>7409506
>carbonara
No, you're wrong. Carbonara is made guanciale (God tier) or pancetta (acceptable tier)
>>
>>7409685
Bacon is shit-tier meat but is still acceptable since the dish is delicious regardless.
>>
>>7409685
lol. you have an obvious detachment from a classic carb and your philistine definition of it, but yet still have a strong enough dissonance between ego and reality to call someone else wrong
>>
>>7409685
honestly, id like you to tell an italian he doesnt know how to make a carb because he didnt use pork.

>are you retarded? do you not know what carbonara means you filthy american?
>>
>>7409737

Italians don't know shit about carbonara
>>
Anybody else love mushrooms in their carbonara? I use the traditional recipe but fry the mushrooms with the guanciale. Tastes delicious desu. Occasionally add a small amount of dried herbs if I'm feeling adventurous.

Cream just dilutes the nice flavours, pretty pointless. Peas are completely the wrong flavour to go with the dish. I've even seen people add milk and I can't imagine what that does for the flavour and texture at all.
>>
>>7408711
>I've always thought that the best cooking was the most elaborate.

The best cooking is made from the best ingredients. You hardly need more than that, as long as you have some semblance of taste in the way you associate them together, cook it appropriately, and season it properly. No matter what you'll do with it, what recipes you come up with, it will taste incredible.

Try doing it with shit pasta, cheddar and common pepper, it will taste bad.
>>
>It helps if you think of cacio e pepe as the Roman equivalent of American macaroni and cheese

Well uh, yeah.
>>
>>7409831
Your not a chef stop trying to sound smart newfag
>>
>>7409838
No I'm not but I cook everyday from fresh, quality ingredients, and I can clearly see the difference. Quality ingredients are the reason most European cooking is so great, yet tastes like shit when you do it yourself: because a recipe only tells you half the story.
>>
>>7408907
>at least an hour
Dunno anon, the red lentils I use are thoroughly cooked after 15-20 minutes.
>>
File: 1446244223792.png (335 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1446244223792.png
335 KB, 520x520
>>7408711
>roasting your pepper in olive oil
Holy shit. For some reason it never occurred to me that roasting pepper would work just like any spice. Just made that recipe, same technique and all, and damn, roasting the pepper really makes a huge difference.
Also added a bit of nutmeg, can recommend.
>>
Soy pasta is a quick and easy for me.

Cook pasta
Drain pasta
Leave pasta in pot over low heat
Splash some dark soy and stir, if the pasta isn't dark, add more soy
Add some butter and oyster sauce
Add herbs and spices to your hearts desire
Blast over high heat while stiring

Salty as fuck but damn is it good.
>>
File: Perfection.jpg (109 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Perfection.jpg
109 KB, 600x400
>>7408711
>Pork/Beef sliced thinly
>Sliced green bell peppers
>Equal amounts of ginger and garlic to taste
>Thinly sliced onion/spring onion
>A good lug of soy
>Chili to taste
Fry veggies in hot pan, set aside
Clean and reheat pan
Fry meat in hot pan
Add veggies and deglaze with soy
Serve hot with or without noodles/rice

So simple yet so fucking good! I prefer green bell peppers over red/yellow ones because the green ones are less sweet and more bitter.
>>
>>7408805
that looks like poopoo
>>
File: teriyakichicken.jpg (61 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
teriyakichicken.jpg
61 KB, 960x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RXjIz9hCJI

This is how I always make teriyaki chicken and it always comes out really good, it's super easy, too. I just eat it over rice and spoon a little bit of the sauce over it.
>>
File: Pepe_Front.png (30 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_Front.png
30 KB, 499x499
>>7408711
>Spaghetti With Cacio e Pepe
>Pepe
>>
>>7410033
#RARE
>>
>>7410026
looks like the teriyaki chicken i made when i was 12 and cooked chicken breasts for 2 hours then poured lawry's teriyaki over it
>>
>>7408711
Tried it yesterday, it's alright.

Be careful, you might just start adding basil and accidentally make pesto.
>>
OP here again

>>7408722
>>7408742
>>7408805

I'll try em.

>>7408850

I thought elaborate techniques / fancy ingredients were more impressive and just ignorantly didnt see the pros of cooking simply and quickly, think beef wellington as opposed to pasta aglio e olio

>>7408861

i didn't, should i?

>>7409676

i did that today, good shit

>>7409681

yes, exactly as it was writen

>>7409831

there is some wisdom to this, and i always strive for better quality ingredients

>>7409994

do you 'velvet' the meat with cornstarch or whatever, or is that a meme I've seen with asian dishes.

>>7410033

you figured it out anon
>>
>>7408711

My go to fast meal is an omelette, Jacques Pepin style. Should never take more than 30 seconds from start to finish. I usually just stuff it with shredded cheese, although sometimes I go fancy and fill it with Camembert and smoked salmon. I find sliced green onions, sautéed mushrooms, julienned deli ham, and leftover pico de gallo to be good fillings as well.

I also used to sauté shrimp (minute at most) in smoking hot olive oil with roughly chopped garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Spritz of lemon and that goes great with crusty bread.

Carbonara is my go to quick pasta dish, although when my vegetable garden is pumping out buckets of cherry tomatoes I like to toss some cooked penne or fusilli with the tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic, a couple handfuls of chiffonade basil, and a ton of parmesan and black pepper. I serve spaghetti sautéed with garlic, lemon juice, chopped capers, chopped parsley, pepper flakes, and olive oil alongside seafood.
>>
>>7413037

those sound like good variations, simple stuff with a wide range of things you can throw in each dish to switch it up
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.