[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK. So the wife took out chicken for dinner tonight, and given
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
OK. So the wife took out chicken for dinner tonight, and given me no other instructions or requests, so what should I make. Pic is essentially what I have, I can go to the store on the way home from work.
Only caveats are wife doesn't like spicy, and I have to feed me, her, a five year old, and a two year old, and have to manage all of them and a new born while cooking.
Suggestions?
>>
Chicky-Chicky Parm Parm.
Simple enough and tasty enough for all of them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0CoVPJz2H8
>>
>>7407363
On my shit phone I'm not even gonna try to open that, it never load. Care to use words?
>>
>>7407354
I usually butterfly chicken breasts, brine them, cook in a skillet and then use them in various dishes over the next few days. I'll make tacos, stuff pita with it, use it in simple sandwiches, or in salads.
>>
>>7407354
I too would do chicken parm. You will be dealing with hot oil for several minutes. Grab a roll of duct tape at the store. Place the 5 and 2 year olds back to back, and wrap tape around their middle. This will keep them busy trying to go different directions while you cook. Place the newborn in a breadbox away from the oil.
>>
>>7407368
Eh, not a fan of prep cooking or brining, and I'm at work till 2
>>
>>7407354
How much time do you have? I would brine those breasts in salt / water for about an hour or two. Then slice the long way to get thinner cutlets. Pour some italian dressing lightly over them and bake like 20 minutes.
>>
>>7407369
You have no idea how tempting that is, long as I can duct tape some mouths too
>>
>>7407376
Should be fine as long as their noses are clear.
>>
>>7407373
Probably about an hour and a half prep, then gone for an hour, then cook when I'm back
>>
>>7407379
Except snot nosed kid is not an exageration. Never seen so many boogers
>>
So far chicken parm is the winner any other suggestions? We do Italian a lot, and while its good, I'm in the mood for something more uncommon
>>
>>7407354
http://www.marthastewart.com/338353/orange-and-balsamic-chicken

Delicious, really easy to make.
>>
>>7407387
2 new caveats,
I hate balsamic, and I hate cooked orange flavor. And the wife hates citrus in general, which killed my original lemon pepper thought
>>
>>7407393
Chicken stir fry?
>>
>>7407367
>>7407393
>And the wife hates citrus in general
nvrm
>>
>>7407400
Did pork stir fry 2 nights ago, or this mighta worked
>>
>>7407410
Lol
>>
Apparently 'parm sounds fine'

So net question how do I make it less boring
>>
>>7407429
Sparklers.
>>
>>7407393
Well, shit. Then just fry the chickens with some Hoisin sauce if that's not too spicy. It's mostly sweet in my opinion so should go well with the kids at least.

If you like cream or coconut milk, I also would recommend frying the chicken in pieces, adding boiled rice ( strained ), add the cream/coconut milk, add a bit of curry to taste ( mild if that's your thing ). Roll around on hot pan 'till the cream/milk isn't runny and the consistency is vaguely porridgeish. You can also throw in some corn if you like. Mild dish, kinda sweet, tasty. My go to chicken dish if I'm feeling lazy, tho I like to make it spicy.

If still no go, then just fry the chicken in some butter and carrots ( don't over cook ). You literally can't go wrong with that.
>>
>>7407429
Properly season it.
Simple doesn't mean boring. If it's boring you're just a shit cook.
Season the chicken and the breadcrumbs and use good cheese, you'll most likely buy the sauce, and you can always use pasta that isn't spaghetti or another side dish.
>>
>>7407444
I love over seasoning, the wife prefers under. But I can probably make it work, was thinking penne, and had an idea of prosciutto and mozzarella stuffing the chicken, but she prob wont like the prosciutto
>>
>>7407447
See there you go, add more stuff to it to bring it up a little. Just make some with and some without, not everyone has to eat the same variation. She can try it and if she doesn't like it you'll have some without.
>>
>>7407447
Your wife sounds very dull. Picky eaters drive me nuts.
>>
>>7407354
A plane ticket
>>
>>7407456
Also yeah this, make sure to raise your kids with good food. We don't need more motherfuckers who throw fits over something green or fresh in their plates. Plus when they're older you can make them cook and not have it be shit.
>>
>>7407465
That's the plan, cept I like cooking, so I'll prob still do most of it. Her pickiness is one of her only negative qualities. So its worth it.

Right now I'm thinking maybe add some sautéed onion, and/or a pesto spinach bed
>>
>>7407354
>wife orders you to cook
>can't make spicy because she doesn't like it
>you're probably talking about your wife's children
>you have to manage the baby while cooking
I agree with >>7407462
>>
Chicken katsu is easy, but you gotta keep the kids away from the hot oil. You could also do some kind of Chinese thing like a honey sesame chicken.
>>
OK guys, done at work, chicken parm it is, well see what ideas I get at winning dixie
>>
>>7407354
Chop it up, cover with paprika, cumin, oregano, black pepper

Chop up some Tomatoes as well

Get a pan screaming hot, and throw on the chicken then after about 30 sec later the tomatoes.

Once they are just about cooked (don't burn the chicken) deglase the pan (a mixture of harissa and water is best, wine or balsamic+water will work too).

Make sure the tomatoes soak up the liquid so they are soft. Season with salt and it's ready.

Serve over rice and feel free to put your own twists on it, I just threw this together one night
>>
I did regular chicken parm for them, and stuffed mine with provolone, prosciutto, cappacola, and pepperoni, . They're breaded and in fridge, waiting on wife to get out of work, then home to cook. Pesto spinach, and sauteed onions with it, and cheese tortellini
>>
>>7407363
just occurred to me that i've never used a meat tenderizer in my life
>>
File: 1455877819677.jpg (95 KB, 724x720) Image search: [Google]
1455877819677.jpg
95 KB, 724x720
>>7407462
>>
>>7407490
Don't even need oil
Toast panko, bread the chicken and back into the oven.
>>
just cut the chicken up and fry it with some spices, then buy all the other bits and do a make your own taco night

the kids'll fucking love it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.