[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I put a lid over an egg that's frying sunny side up,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
If I put a lid over an egg that's frying sunny side up, what does it become? A poached egg? A steamed egg?
>>
A fried egg with a lid on it
>>
i mean anyone would still call it a fried egg but there is plenty of steam cooking.
>>
>>7407159

a ruined sunny side up egg
>>
>>7407175
b-but it gets too crispy while the whites set if I don't steam
>>
>>7407179
cook at a lower temp
>>
Bit of a necro bump, but the term you are looking for is 'basted' egg.
>>
>>7408352
i basted ur mums eggs with my cum
>>
>>7407214
then the yolk gets over cooked.
>>
This kind of question never ends up well.
>>
>>7408411

no it doesn't
>>
>>7407159
I do this all the time. About half a teaspoon of water right before I put the lid on and crank it to high will steam cook the top quick enough to leave the yolk completely liquid but warm, perfect for breaking over toast.
>>
>>7407159
A sunny side up egg. I do mine with a lid and steam the top, it's still sunny side up.
>>
>>7409408
This.

Beats the way everyone else cooks it charring the edges of it and making the underside all shitty and brown.
>>
>>7408360
The yolks on you my mums dead
>>
>>7409408
This.
It's the most consistent way of getting a liquid but thick yolk, while cooking all of the white but not letting it get rubbery.
>>
>>7409414
this exactly

I also fry eggs with a lid, since it makes it less crispy
>>
>>7408411
if the yolk is over cooked than your pan is still too hot
>>
A disgrace to your family.
>>
File: HHNNNNGGHHH.jpg (76 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
HHNNNNGGHHH.jpg
76 KB, 500x566
>tfw eggs over easy
>tfw soaking up the warm, runny yolks with toast
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>7408413
What do you call these?
>>
File: 1309514393324.jpg (29 KB, 355x265) Image search: [Google]
1309514393324.jpg
29 KB, 355x265
>>7410156
>Toast
>Not rye bread
>>
>>7410210
>not toasting rye bread
>>
>>7408411

Closing the lid is what most often causes overcooking the yolk since it increases the temp above the egg.
>>
>>7410207
if youre in the city-kolache
if youre not in the city-hogee
>>
>>7410207
lil' jakeys
>>
What I recommend is cutting your egg into fourths and seasoning each one differently
>>
>>7412050
Only a spicemaster
>>
>>7407159
Lidding a fried egg for a second to solidify the whites over the yolk is called... a fried egg.

You are still mostly cooking with fat (butter, or butter+oil) on direct heat, lid or no.

That's frying.
>>
>>7408352
Basting an egg is scooping the dazzling-hot fat with a spoon and pouring it over the top, causing it to cook quicker and finish sooner so the egg itself retains less fat and comes out with a beautiful finish.

Not what OP described.
Though basting is a superior way to cook a fried egg.
>>
>>7410207
The classic terms are "Pigs in a Blanket" or "Franks in a blanket" - hot dogs, sausage, or minisausage rolled in bread or biscuit dough and baked.
>>
>>7407165
I like you.
>>
>>7409982
Ba dum TISH
>>
>>7410210
Rye bread can be toasted, cake boy.
>>
>>7410207
sausage roll.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.