[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and a friend is having a "Chef off" with two other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: adultchefhat.jpg (14 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
adultchefhat.jpg
14 KB, 250x300
Me and a friend is having a "Chef off" with two other guys. I am alright at cooking but my mate is meh, we need ideas for food we can cook that is not too complex but can make us win.
>>
>>7406575
And by ideas I mean recipes
>>
Make some mexican food. The only unique ingredient is Cumin, a spice.
>>
Soups/stews/bisques are typically multi-stage meaning everything is in steps (making your goal more manageable) in terms of prep and the outcome is hearty.

What base of meat were you seeking, I could point you in the direction of any number of different soups from around the world (I dunno, soup is median ground, which is what you ask for.) Or do you wish to make another form of dish?
>>
>>7406593
Anything really. We just need to cook a main dish that will impress the judges and give us the price of "Chefff"
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8 KB, 217x320
You know what op will do
>>
>>7406575
Check out food wishes yt channel. He makes some easy impressive looking dishes. Browse it and see what works for you, none of them are hard to make, just vary in workload
>>
>>7406575
you two "are" having a cookoff. you fucking scumbag. learn grammar.
>>
>>7406575
If you know how to make a risotto, make a crab risotto.
Same process as usual except:
1. Steam crab(s).
2. Remove meat and save all the crab fat, shell and insides excluding the lungs (toss that shit).
3. Make a stock base with usual mirepoix, white wine etc but add in crab fat and insides and shell. Cook down your stock into awsome crab stock.
4. Make risotto and mix in crab at the end. Hella good.

You can do this is lobster or another crustacean.
>>
File: chippah.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
chippah.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>7406575
Depending on your time limit I'd recommend a stew or sumthin', right guys?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
U need a better chef hat, try pic related
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.