[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be 21 >Still can't eat vegetables without wincing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Richde.jpg (28 KB, 324x349) Image search: [Google]
Richde.jpg
28 KB, 324x349
>Be 21
>Still can't eat vegetables without wincing

Is this normal? Am I eating them wrong? How do I eat them?
>>
>>7406069
>Is this normal?
No.
>Am I eating them wrong?
Unless you're eating them raw I can't see how you'd possibly be doing it wrong.
>How do I eat them?
Sautee them.
>>
>>7406069
>Is this normal?
No.

Which vegetables exactly? Carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce are fine, if not best raw.

Dark green veggies such as broccoli ( really good for you ) can have a bit of a sting to them that might put you off from eating them raw. I recommend steaming - just long enough to sweeten them, not so long that they become mush ( hard to achieve with steaming, easier mistake to make if boiling ). Takes a bit of practice but isn't really hard.
>>
>>7406125
>I recommend steaming - just long enough to sweeten them, not so long that they become mush ( hard to achieve with steaming, easier mistake to make if boiling ). Takes a bit of practice but isn't really hard.
It's easy to get the hang of it, steam them until the colours brighten and immediately plunge into cold water (or, even better, ice water).
>>
>>7406069
with more fats. olive oil, butter, bacon fat. Take your pick. dietary fat's not bad for you if you don't go too crazy.
>>
>>7406157
>butter, bacon fat
How much of a lardass do you have to be to cook vegetables in bacon fat?
>>
>>7406164
Trim and muscular. I don't eat carbs, but my vegetables taste amazing.
>>
>>7406164
How much of an autist do you have to be to think that cooking vegetables in a little bacon fat (maybe brussels sprouts, peppers, or greens... all delicious) makes one a fatass?
>>
>>7406185
Because you can achieve equally savory results with olive oil tubby.
>>
>>7406205
>implying olive oil is as tasty as bacon fat
>implying bacon fat is unhealthy
>especially in small amounts
>>
File: 12734156.jpg (17 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
12734156.jpg
17 KB, 539x960
>>7406125
>Which vegetables exactly?
Probably all but broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce and potatoes.

Steaming doesn't really help out much, still feel the same way about it.
>>7406157
Haven't tried with bacon fact so I might try this.
>>
>>7406069
boil them hardcore and add the perfect amount of salt and season with other things to your taste. Its not that bad you just have to find the right formulas.
>>
>>7406069
>Is this normal? Am I eating them wrong? How do I eat them?

No, even children can eat vegetables just as much as anyone else. The only thing that makes kids more likely to eat trash and not enjoy vegetables is shitty parenting and shitty diets.

You're either exaggerating or there's something wrong with your body and you have problems eating all foods.
>>
Never understood how this is possible

vegetables don't taste much. The only reason you eat it is because it's healthy. Like water
>>
>>7406543
Shitty diet and programmed psychological response from shitty parenting usually.

and not knowing how to cook for good measure.
>>
File: c20160222.jpg (74 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
c20160222.jpg
74 KB, 555x555
>>7406069
>Is this normal? Am I eating them wrong? How do I eat them?

Only if you're a manchild. Probably. Add some spice if you dislike the taste.
>>
>>7406069
Your parents have failed you.
>>
>>7406069
Make meals that incorporate them into something instead of doing them fucking boiled on the side like a shitty side dish.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.