[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: bowl-lettuce-19025384.jpg (33 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
bowl-lettuce-19025384.jpg
33 KB, 400x267
How do you make a good salad? I used to make really great salads, but I stopped making them as often and lost it. Now all the salads I make are shit.

What are good things to add to both the salad and the dressing?
>>
Romaine and lettuce. Also italian dressing with some shredded chicken . Good shit when you are trying to lose wieght.
>>
>>7405812
Mix arugula and whatever other green you want. Dressing is easy. Lemon juice + w/e other flavors you want (honey, miso, garlic, shallots, w/e) + salt / pepper and whisk in oil. Toss it more than you think you need to. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced onions, or green onions. Cheese if you dont care about being healthy
>>
>>7405812
You don't, salad fucking sucks. By the time it tastes good with vinagrette, you could've made it into a decent dish with meat and potatoes/noodles/whateverthefuck.
>>
>>7405898
I really hate arugula
>>
>microgreens
>walnuts
>crannberry
>bleu cheese
>truffle Olive oil
>>
>>7405898
this, but you can swap lemon juice for vinegar if you want
>>
>>7405910
same
>>
Feta
Croutons
Salami
Ham
Greek dressing

Wa la
>>
At lunch, I had a salad of mixed lettuces and large-leaf parsley with ribboned carrot and radish dressed in homemade garlic balsamic vinaigrette.

The lettuces were white chicory, red chicory and frisée with bibb being the most dominant.

The last one I had before that was typical southern Hungarian cucumber salad, less the sugar because fuck sugar (sliced cukes dressed in a mixture of lemon juice, oil, mustard and fresh-grated garlic then sprinkled with pepper and paprika). Northern one uses vinegar only (no mustard, oil etc) and sprinkles the paprika and pepper on separate halves of the salad, which I think is fucking stupid. It does sometimes add sliced garlic to it, too, but never grated.

As in most countries, the southern part has the better food.
>>
Lettuce
Diced boiled eggs
Tomato
Ham
Croutons
Thousand Islands sauce

bretty good
>>
salad dressing recipes
>>
I refuse to let this thread die!
>>
how to build your own salad
>>
make the perfect salad for youself!
>>
>>7405812
I like to fold lettuce and tomato into a flatbread with about 5 ounces of lamb and a good dose of tzatziki.

Alternatively I put a layer of lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapenos, pickles, ketchup, mayo and mustard in a bun with a 1/4 pound patty of hot ground beef and a nice slice of muenster and/or swiss cheese.
>>
I dont even really use lettuce anymore. Half a cucumber, one big tomato, cheese, chicken, sliced jalapeno.. dressing of choice.
>>
File: plate.jpg (201 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
plate.jpg
201 KB, 1000x750
warm roasted beets, baby spinach, pecans, goat cheese. Dressing oil/vinegar/mustard/honey.
>>
Here's what I use:
Red leaf lettuce and spinach
Chopped tomatoes
Toasted almond slices
Dried cranberries
Balsamic vinaigrette

I get the balsamic vinaigrette from Trader Joes, haven't found anywhere else that has good dressing like that.
>>
Parsley, coriander, mint, tomato, cucumber, olive oil and a dash of cumin.
Done.
>>
>>7407870
>5 ingredients
>no vegetables
>>
>>7405812
Anything pickled. I chop up a bunch of pickled garden vegetables and a bit of the juice with my leafy greens and other stuff and everything tastes a lot better than just raw vegetables and dressing.
>>
>mixed greens/baby spinach
>kidney beans or garbanzo beans
>olives
>feta
>grilled steak or chicken (optional)
>simple vinaigrette
>>
>>7411246
you need some acidity in that. put some lemon juice or vinegar my man
>>
File: 20151226_133001.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
20151226_133001.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
Grandmas recipe. It's fucking amazing. The slower you blend in the oil the thicker it gets. recommend a very slow inclusion. You may want a program to make it more clear - also you need to decipher the horrible cursive.
>>
>>7411035
Great info, thanks! I'll be playing with this for a while.
>>
File: tp7ZVSQ.jpg (117 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
tp7ZVSQ.jpg
117 KB, 768x576
You don't make friends with salad.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.