[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why isn't online ordering more popular with local restaurants?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: cry.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
1 MB, 1280x720
why isn't online ordering more popular with local restaurants? it seems like only big ass chains have an online ordering system.
>>
>>7404615
Delivery?
>>
>>7404615
Because they'd rather have you come in and sit down and enjoy their restaurant in person.
>>
Why don't you go to or call the restaurant like a big boy?
>>
because the internet is evil, avoid it at all costs
>>
Infrastructure, which means paying.
>>
i've never ordered food ever. it's damn expensive and you can make the same much cheaper if you cook it yourself.
>>
>>7404615
Even if it were, you wouldn't be able to order anyway, due to the nonfree botnet.
>>
Where are you OP?

I'm in San Diego and I can get pretty much anything delivered. If I'm crunched for time and can't cook for lunch delivery saves the day.

DoorDash
GubHub

Those two I've used. GrubHub was terrible. Driver really didn't have to drive far at all. If I wasn't stuck trying to get things done in the house before lunch was done, I would've picked it up myself.
>>
>>7404615
Because they're owned by Boomers and tax cheats.
>>
>>7404615
>local
and you still refuse to actually just go to their restaurant for a meal...
>>
Making a secure online site and maintaining it is hard work.

Script kiddies like hacking into websites made by small time business owners.
>>
There are worse things to bitch about, OP.

>cash only

Such places might only take local checks too.
>>
But online ordering is huge, haven't you heard of seamless? Do you live in flyover land, op? Are avocados considered an exotic delicacy?
>>
>>7404615
Nearly every local restaurant near me does online ordering through eatnow or menulog.
>>
>>7405423

this is just as true in new york city you stupid faggot. tons of restaurants in the city don't bother listing themselves on seamless.
>>
>>7404615

The best delivery pizza joint I knew of was a single place that blew every chain out of the water, you could argue their pizza was a little greasy, but the toppings/crust/sauce/cheese were goat.

They ran a promo for a while 20% off online orders(I assume to free up the phone since they would often just staff 1 pizza maker and 1 delivery driver during off-peak hours, so I could get an XL pizza and 3 drinks for 16 bucks, plus 2 dips. I'd throw the driver a 20 and he was always there within 20 minutes even though they didn't have a policy.

I'm pretty upset I moved away from that area that pizza was fucking incredible.
>>
File: 1411698124021.jpg (56 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
1411698124021.jpg
56 KB, 600x360
>>7405406
>Checks?
>>
>>7405472
So what are you asking? It's wildly popular, are you asking why it's not EVEN MORE wildly popular? I dunno, why don't you tell me? Why doesn't the bodega that doesn't deliver and has no intention of ever delivering have a seamless page? Why can't I install the Eleven Madison Park App? Inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>7404615
>why isn't online ordering more popular with local restaurants? it seems like only big ass chains have an online ordering system.
Customers really don't want the impersonal nature of it when the menu and special exceptions are to be considered.
It works at Chipotle, because it's 1-2-3 and you skip the line to pickup
It works for deli orders where you pick weight and item and bam, it's ready by the time you park the car.
>>
it is common in affluent cities, certainly is where i am.
>>
>>7404615
It's because setting up a system is too expensive for a single restaurant, but don't you have like menulog or deliveryhero where you are? Where are you?
>>
Chains have the resources (money) to hire web developers to make that infrastructure. Mom and pop restaurants can't spent the min 10k just to set up a website that will gross 5k/year max.
>>
>>7405552
Yeah, we've got skipthedishes and justeat here, which I presume are functionally the same.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.