[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate just moved out and as a result I have "inherited"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: maruchan ramen.jpg (194 KB, 1200x923) Image search: [Google]
maruchan ramen.jpg
194 KB, 1200x923
My roommate just moved out and as a result I have "inherited" 150 unopened, unexpired packages of chicken-flavor Maruchan brand instant ramen, still in their boxes.

Is there anything I can add to these to make them more palatable? I'm kind of adverse to just letting food go to waste. I've heard adding egg, using less of the artificial flavor packet, fresh veggies, and a light sprinkling of cheese can help.
>>
>>7404312
Sure any of those things would work.

Other thoughts: use homemade stock instead of the packet. Add chili oil, hot sauce, thinly sliced green onions, meatballs, you name it. Noodles soups come in so many different varieties that it's pretty much anything goes.
>>
>>7404326
Thanks for the tips. I think it probably goes without saying that replacing the packet with real meat is probably a no brainer if it's in the budget but that almost seems to defeat the point of ramen, and leaves me with 150 packages of chicken flavor. Which is probably only good for pranks on its own.
>>
>>7404312
add some powdered ginger to the broth, once it's bowled up and ready to eat add some chopped green onions, also hot sauce of choice if you like things spicy
>>
>>7404343
>defeat the point of ramen

Not necessarily. Ramen is also nice because it's FAST. I boil up a big pot of stock every once in a while and then portion it up in the freezer. If I want a fast meal I throw out the seasoning packet, use a pre-measured cup of my stock, and then cut up whatever veggies and leftover meat I happen to have in the fridge. It's a pretty solid meal for something that only takes 5 minutes to do.
>>
>>7404312
Square bowl, break brick in half, put in bowl, cover with water, microwave 3:30~, drain, seasoning packet, slice of cheese
every day
>>
make giant vat of ramen and feed to the homeless one evening
>>
>>7404369
How long would you microwave 150 blocks all at once?
>>
>>7404395
3 and a half minutes, I suppose.
>>
>>7404889
Lost hard to this
>>
let the noodles cook.put the powder in..crack open an egg while everything is boiling..you're welcome
>>
>>7406071
Epic post, simply epic
>>
>>7404312
You can also use them as normal noodles. Toss with a little sauce of your choice and serve as a side, or even serve in place of spaghetti. Also break them up and eat them as a crispy snack.
>>
File: ramen guide.jpg (915 KB, 1000x3400) Image search: [Google]
ramen guide.jpg
915 KB, 1000x3400
Why don't we have a sticky?
>>
>>7406071
better still fry the egg and cut it into quarters.
>>
>>7406233
Fried shallots good on instant noodles
>>
>>7404312

scrap the cheese. best thing to do is get different miso pastes and some bonito flakes. miso soup. you can put boiled eggs in them, and slices of meat. i hate the soup packs that come in those.

also, you can boil the noodles, toss them in a frying pan, then dump some eggs on them like a noodle omelet.
>>
add cream cheese, cream curd cheese or any creamy cheese really
>>
>>7406233
where was this when i needed it. now i can just buy good food.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.