[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ramen thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: ramen.jpg (80 KB, 650x430) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
80 KB, 650x430
Sup.

What's your favorite ways to pimp a bowl of ramen? Cheap ingredients preferred.

I usually throw flvor pack away, add chicken stock, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. For toppings I use ham, boiled egg and green onion.
>>
so it's your own soup with instant noodles added
>>
Does the saturated fats and sodium sit in the flavoring pack or the noodles itself?
>>
File: ramen.jpg (741 KB, 1000x2900) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
741 KB, 1000x2900
>>
>>7403887

fat is in the noodles (they're fried)
sodium is in the packet
>>
>>7403887
saturated fat is in the noodles, as they are fried. the sodium is in the flavoring packet.
>>
I use half the seasoning packet and pour boiling water over the noodles in a bowl covered for 3 minutes. Sometimes I close my eyes and sneak three pieces of ham in there before I open the lid so I can pretend am I am the little boy and the mom from Ponyo at the same time
>>
Why not just get fresh noodles as well? Anyway, cabbage is a really good and cheap topping.
>>
>>7403921
Where I live it costs 5 times more for some reason
>>
>>7403530
Naruto ramen xD believe it xD
>>
>>7403530
In Lithuanian we call them bomžpakiai, which translates to hobo-pack.
>>
>>7403921

Fresh noodles are far better than the instant ones, but they have two inconveniences:

1) They take a lot longer to cook due mainly to the time required to boil a big-ass pot of water.

2) They can be difficult to find and they don't keep well. Instant lasts for ages and is available pretty much anywhere

So yeah, fresh is better but instant is a lot more convenient.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.