[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PASTILLAS WRAPPER QUEEN DEAD AT 93
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Pastillas-Wrapper-Queen.jpg (142 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
Pastillas-Wrapper-Queen.jpg
142 KB, 620x420
>Bulacan’s queen of pastillas wrapper passes away
https://archive.is/gm4kP

CITY OF MALOLOS, Philippines — Bulacan’s queen of pastillas wrappers has passed away.

Luz “Nene” Ocampo, the last known artisan who made intricate paper cut designs for pastillas wrappers, died from a lingering ailment on Sunday night, Feb. 21, at her home here. She was 93.

Her body lies at their house in Barangay Caniogan.

Ocampo was born and raised in San Miguel town, where the famous San Miguel de Mayumo sweet carabao milk candy, known as pastillas, was manufactured.

She was a grade V pupil when she was first taught the art of producing traditional pastillas wrappers.

Over the years, she passed her craft to deserving artists, who followed in her footsteps.

The craft has designs for every occasion. If the pastillas is meant for a wedding, the wrappers carry the engraved names of the couple, for example.
>>
>>7403211

If you can, share your favorite pastillas recipes.
>>
>>7403211
>Philippines

and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>7403224
don't be fucking rude
>>
>>7403211
That's sad and all, but did you mean to post this on >>>/po/?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 700x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 700x290
No matter how you wrap it up, Filipino food STINKS you California raisin looking bitch. I hope you don't rest in peace ahahaha.
>>
>>7403224
That's not cool. You're insulting an old lady who died that made food beautiful. In poor taste even on 4chan.
>>
>>7404588
i like the idea of the ghost of patrice oneal roasting everybody whos death is posted on 4chan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.