[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ribs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Basting-Ribs-on-Grill.jpg (166 KB, 1502x1002) Image search: [Google]
Basting-Ribs-on-Grill.jpg
166 KB, 1502x1002
I bet everybody is going to call me crazy, to the point where nobody is going to side with me on this, but this is true and my honest opinion. I don't like ribs.

You don't get much meat out of them, they're terribly messy to eat, and it doesn't taste good enough to have to work at them and get my hands and cheeks all soiled with sauce. I'll pass.
>>
Nah, I always thought bbq ribs were overrated, OP.

Shit always ends up stuck between your teeth, and you need to use half a dozen napkins every time you want to take a sip of water, without getting sticky shit all over everything.
>>
File: 72175.jpg (54 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
72175.jpg
54 KB, 620x413
>>7403118
>>7403130
Gayest thread I've seen.
Ribs are amazing.
>>
>>7403118

I've only had ribs once and all I can say is they were fairly lack-lustre.
They tasted weird and were a pain to eat.
On a table of five, a double order or ribs weren't even entirely eaten.
>>
Ribs are clearly inferior to chicken wings.

Similar delivery system, but significant improvement over ribs.
>>
>>7403118
I personally love them, but I can see not liking them.
>>
Well, they can be good, but for me what really makes great ribs is the experience. I usually only cook them in the summer when we have cookouts, and I make at least a half dozen racks. Eating them with my friends outside in the sun with some beers is one of the best parts of summer, so that is what makes them great to me.
>>
I prefer ribs with some kind of dry rub on them or just smoked as opposed to being slathered in barbecue sauce during cooking. Some kind of sauce put on after is fine too.
>>
>>7403351
This, ribs with dry rub are much better. If you're ever in Iowa, Jethro's BBQ has wonderful dry-rub ribs.
>>
>>7403118
I was curious what you were talking about and I realized that people live in areas with shit bbq. I am sure if I ate nothing but sugar sauce grilled bullshit I would hate it too.
>>
>>7403118
Agreed, although I love the flavour the effort is usually not worth the meagre meat you get out of it.
>>
satan will kill you now
>>
I only grill pork ribs. I only do dry rubs. Anyone who wants to add sauce afterwards, its on them.
>>
>>7403355
>If you're ever in Iowa

So no one will ever find out? Bummer.
>>
>>7403140
>Ribs are clearly inferior to chicken wings.
This. Ribs are overrated. And BBQ sauce isn't that good as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>7403643
Not every BBQ sauce is the same, bruh.
>>
>>7403118
1. Ribs don't need sauce if you season them properly.

2. Ribs can be cooked so the the meat pretty much falls off the bone and can be eaten with a knife and fork.

3. Different cuts of ribs have different amounts of meat

Sorry you can't cook ribs, anon.
>>
>>7403408
You just spelled "flavor" with a "u". Your opinion on BBQ is disregarded.
>>
1. Dry Rub the pork ribs.

2. Slow cook in a charcoal BBQ with indirect heat for 3 hours(300F-325F)

3. Baste them with BBQ sauce(I like KC Masterpiece Original).

4. Cook further for another 15 minutes.

5. Rest the ribs for another 15 minutes.
>>
File: ifoodies-adinner3[1].jpg (524 KB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
ifoodies-adinner3[1].jpg
524 KB, 3008x2000
ribs are just stock meats they marketed as a BBQ staple so they could jack up the price.
>>
>>7403118
Do you like McRibs?
>>
No, I agree. They taste alright but the reward is not worth the effort and mess. I feel the same way about chicken wings.
>>
jesus christ this fucking thread
>>
File: 1452509927773.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452509927773.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>this thread
>>
To paraphrase Mark Twain, barbecue ribs, prepared correctly, are fit for a king. At least that was always the quote my dad gave me about catfish.

There's a place not a mile away from the house I grew up in in suburban Chicago that has the best rack of ribs I've ever tasted. I've had a lot of great ribs. But there are a lot of just terrible ribs out there. Done right I'd probably prefer them to steak, but I've had some I could barely get two bites out of. If you consider eating ribs "work", you're eating really shitty ribs.

And if you're ever in South Chicagoland, stop by Glenwood Oaks.
>>
>>7406753
Glenwood Oaks owner detected
>>
Also fuck chicken wings. So much work for SO little sustenance. At least with ribs when they're done right the meat comes right off the bone, and you get Goddamned plenty on a full slab.
There's nothing you can do to make chicken wings less work, and you have to eat a fucking truckload of them. And they're not even that good. At the risk of ruining my credibility, gimme a breast piece every time. Big fat load of meat, all in one place, practically no bones to pick through. People say the white meat is dry but it's fried chicken, if the meat is dry you fucked up a long ways back.
>>
>>7406755

I'm just a hungry boy a long way from home is all.
>>
>>7406763
It's fine. You're good. You're golden, my friend.

Hope your business thrives.
>>
I kinda agree, but then I tend to like only lean meat, with some really weird exceptions.

I also don't care for bacon. Yep. Sue me.
>>
>>7406764

It's been running since 1925! A neighborhood institution!
Come in on your birthday for a discount! 25 years old? 25 percent off! 65 years old? 65 percent off!
>>
>>7406775
I had no idea I was speaking to an
>>
>>7403118
I agree. They're not worth the effort. I only eat them if mother removes the meat from the bone first, then I can eat them with rice.

Also shells on shrimp when they're in a food you can't eat with your hands (eg jambalaya)
>>
>>7403118
I agree.

I don't care for chicken wings either.
>>
>>7406782

Sometimes the only way out of embarrassment is straight through to the other side.
>>
>>7403118
Brisket and pulled pork are the superior BBQ choices, but ribs are good too. They're just a pain in the ass to eat.
>>
>>7406761
Completely agree. Chicken wings are absolutely disgusting, can't for the life of me figure out why people are so obsessed with sauce-covered boney tendon mean.
>>
Yall fuckers just need to come to Memphis and try some real ribs
>>
>>7406917
Ok Jamaal. Let's do this.
>>
>>7403140
Ribs are easier to eat and have larger chunks of meat with each bite. If cooked correctly each piece of rib meat will fall right off with no ripping or tearing required. Bigger, cleaner bones means less cleanup.

I love wings, but they just don't compare to how good ribs are.
>>
I don't like pork in general, but rib meat is especially lame. It's just mild-tasting goop.

If you like the rubs and sauces and shit then put it on meat that actually tastes like something.
>>
>>7406761
>chicken breast over wings
Do you also eat mayonnaise and white bread bologna sandwiches and drink vanilla milkshakes?
>>
>>7403138
You had bad ribs.
>>
>>7403133
>>7403149
>>7403175
>>7403351
>>7403355
>>7403369
>>7403742
Which is superior: beef ribs or pork ribs?
>>
>>7408038
Everybody knows pork ribs are superior
>>
i love them. both beef or pork.

tastiest part of the animal.

they're my #1 special occasion meal. like if it's my birthday or some other celebration.
>>
>>7408081
Pretty much this. I generally prefer pork ribs, they're not as easy to fuck up as beef ribs can be.

I've has some really terrible beef ribs before but very few terrible pork ribs.
>>
File: Desire.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Desire.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
Just don't use sauce if you dont like the mess, I've never understood this rigidity when it comes to certain food.

Unsauced bacon ribs are one of the handiest cuts you can make, no need for cutlery, don't need to carve it up and worst you'll get on your hands is a bit of grease.

All this "I hate ribs cuz society made me drown them in BBQ sauce" retardation needs to stop.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.