[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MIchelin chef
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 343x147) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 343x147
so what does it take to be a michelin chef?
cooking skills, language skills and others?
>>
You need to be able to speak and cook French cuisine
>>
>>7403007
spend 25 years under another Michelin chef.
>>
>>7403023
not op but, how do you get the opportunity to work under a Michelin chef
>>
>>7403024
Walk into michellin star resturaunt with at least 2 years of experience, explain ur passion and desire to cook and be the best, ask to Work for free, get appraised to see if you can fit in the environment, work till chef asks you to officially work for his team, make your way up to sous chef.
>>
>>7403023

this desu. You look at the CV of nearly all michelin starred chef and at some point they've trained under other michelin starred chefs for a number of years.
>>
how much does a Michelin start chef make?
>>
>>7403036
Barely nothing to as much as 200k a year maybe even more, depends entirely on how well your restaurant performs. Michelin star chefs have way more responsibilities other than earning money.
>>
>>7403020
no and no... but it helps...
>>
>>7403007
talent, creativity and hard work
>>
>2016
>wanting your culinary skills rated by a tire manufacturing company
>>
>>7403024
Its the best way, unless you pay thousands of dollars and go to their cooking schools. Best get spotted and then paid to learn through them. Offer to work for free, prove yourself then get a job.
>>
>>7403020
Which is why Japan has more stars than France, right? Because the Japanese are so well known for their impeccable French skills.

>>7403147
>Not understanding the origin of the Michelin star rating system.
>>
>>7403253
>understanding the Michelin star system and still not thinking that it's retarded
>>
File: 1446348795188.jpg (308 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
1446348795188.jpg
308 KB, 1190x906
>>7403253
This post is a train wreck, you cannot be real.
>>
> During the Second World War, publication was again suspended, but in 1944, at the request of the Allied Forces, the 1939 guide to France was specially reprinted for military use; its maps were judged the best and most up-to-date available to the invading armies
>>
>>7403147
>>2016
>>wanting your culinary skills rated by a tire manufacturing company

first michelin guide was released more than 115 years ago.
>>
>>7403273
give me a better system than...

unlike other guides and foodblogs, the Michelin employ former cooks and waiters to give an opinion about other cooks based on their capabilities to create over a long time high qualify and creative dishes... the inspector are selected and trained , not everybody can do the job
>>
>>7403024

i worked under tom kitchin by writing him an email saying i wanted to work there. that's it, no experience, just a month of voluntary
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.