[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't brush your teeth and floss after every meal,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: brushing-teeth-too-hard.jpg (409 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
brushing-teeth-too-hard.jpg
409 KB, 1000x667
If you don't brush your teeth and floss after every meal, you are uncultured swine
>>
>>7402271
nah man that's brushing your teeth too hard
>>
I brush once a day before bed
>>
>Brushing after eating

Enjoy damaging your enamel.
>>
>>7402271
The maceration and acids in your food make your enamel temporarily weak. You should not brush until well after your meal.
>>
File: dental-implant-problem-1.jpg (17 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
dental-implant-problem-1.jpg
17 KB, 360x240
Enjoy this in a few years
>>
>>7402271
>the desperation in his eyes
>>
>mfw I brush once a week
>>
>>7402271
Dude just finish your meal with a swish of water.

Brush your teeth twice a day.
>>
>>7402271
But then you become that guy who brushes his teeth in the bathroom at work after lunch.
>>
>>7402375
>mfw haven't brushed in 2 years
>mfw no face
>>
you should rinse your mouth with mouthwash after each meal. brushing isn't neccessary and it could do more harm than good.

once when you wake up
once when you get home from work or about mid day
once before bed

anything more than that you are doing damage
>>
File: rubberfingertips.jpg (20 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
rubberfingertips.jpg
20 KB, 355x355
I brush after every meal, have a low sugar diet, and floss once a day.

I used to floss after every meal, but That got tiresome. I use Colgate total, which has the germ killing agent, triclosan, so I figure I'm protected.

I also use rubber finger tips while I floss, to protect my fingertips from getting sliced by the floss. Get some. You won't regret it.
>>
>>7402403
>Dude just finish your meal with a swish of water.
Dude have fun getting cavities and losing your teeth down the road. The old swish with water trick does nothing. It's a placebo, bro.
>>
>>7402271

I brush one at night and floss maybe 5-6 times a month, never had a cavity, age 24.
>>
>>7402271
the Bonefish I go to weekly installed cameras in the bathroom to make sure we use their shitty toothpaste and not sneak in our own.
>>
>>7403376
That's why you brush twice a day. It's not JUST mouth swishing water, quit ignoring half the post.
>>
>>7403371
nigga what floss you use? metal wires
shit nobody needs that shit to floss with regular floss
>>
File: 1028 - G0wikOx.png (13 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1028 - G0wikOx.png
13 KB, 530x492
>not brushing between bites
Enjoy your teeth rotting out of your gums, pleb
>>
>>7403503
>That's why you brush twice a day. It's not JUST mouth swishing water, quit ignoring half the post.
Brush after each meal, period. When do you think the most damage is being done to your teeth? It's during and right after a meal. The bacteria are feasting on the food in your mouth and pooping out acid. Only tooth-brushing, preferably with Colgate total, will get rid of the bacteria and save your teeth.
>>
Flossing after a meal or using mouthwash would be better

Overbrushing and brushing too close to meals is terrible for your teeth.
>>
>>7403681
>using mouthwash
Mouthwash is a scam. Did you know most mouthwash is acidic? Mouthwash is actually terrible for your teeth, and causes tooth decay. Colgate total has triclosan, which is is far better than any mouthwash.

>>7403681
>Overbrushing and brushing too close to meals is terrible for your teeth.

A soft bristled brush with a mild whitening toothpaste will not damage teeth at all. Tooth enamel is extremely hard. I've brushed several times a day for several years and nothing has happened to my teeth. A high sugar diet, with lots of fruit/juice, vinegar based salad dressing, and of course any sort of soda, is what destroys teeth.
>>
You're damaging your enamel and gums. Just use mouthwash after eating/drinking anything that stains teeth.
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1818x1758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1818x1758
>>7403527
This
>>
i have brushed my teeth less than 10 times in the last 4 years, i know im just lazy but i cant be bothered since my teeth look fine and ive never had any problems with them.
>>
>>7403371
I like to rub some Knorr stock cubes on the fingers' tips for a delightful experience. You should try it.
>>
I brush them every morning, sometimes at night, mostly not. But i floss every other day and im always chewing gum out of habit so my spit's disolving whatever the fuck might be left which isn't much and nothing you can't clear with a swish of liquid.
I used to be worse, i started cleaning more when i got my braces cause I had to.
>>
>>7403371
>triclosan

watch out--that's bad for your health
>>
I brush and use mothwash in the morning and brush floss and use moth was in the evening
>>
>>7404738
Your teeth do not look fine and your breath smells like shit.
>>
>>7404738
You're one of those people I can smell when they stand behind me.
>>
>>7404738
>my teeth look fine when I see them in the reflection on my monitor when my anime games are showing the loading screen
>>
Every time I go to the dentist, he finds a cavity and has it filled. This happens whether I visit 3 times a year or once in 10 years.

Is he having a giggle?
>>
You don't actually have to brush twice a day if you use a good electronic brush thoroughly. Although I probably take as much time brushing my teeth once as it would for a barbarian using a manual toothbrush to brush his teeth twice.
>>
>>7404797
Being around someone who doesn't brush regularly smells much worse than any type of awful BO I've ever smelled. literally repulsive. Probably only surpassed by a homeless person who shits and pisses themselves.
>>
>>7402271
>having teeth
>>
>>7404800
Get a good electronic toothbrush. Dentists bitched at me all my life about my brushing until I got one of those.
>>
>>7404824
Brushing your teeth doesn't really cause your breath from not smelling. Neither does alcohol-based mouthwashes. Getting that white shit off your tongue is a good start, but it doesn't get what's on your cheeks and gums. The only thing I've found to work (on top of the tongue scraping) is a brand called smart mouth, or regularly drinking lots of water.
>>
>Get a deluxe model Waterpik for Christmas
>don't bother setting it up until yesterday
>go to use it last night
>follow directions exactly
>directions don't say to keep your mouth closed while you use it
>have it turned up to high
>end up soaking myself, my bathroom counter, my bathroom mirror and most of the floor with water shooting everywhere at 100mph.

It would have made a very entertaining fail video.
I have the hang of it now, though. And between that thing and my electric toothbrush, my mouth is cleaner than it's probably ever been. Feels good man......
>>
>>7405144
water picks are a scam. you gotta floss.

a simple spray bottle is a better idea if you want to get a jet of water on your teeth.
>>
>>7405167
Waterpiks are not a scam. They're excellent, especially for people with gum issues. However, there's nothing wrong with regular floss, either. I have both, and use both, at different times. I floss after every meal (including when I'm at work), and use my waterpik at night before bed, after I brush.
>>
>>7405235
instead of a water pick, use an actual gum pick...
>>
My dentist gave me these little brush things that you use to brush between your teeth. Pretty nifty I guess. I do use floss too for the teeth I can't fit the brush between.
>>
File: homemade_toothpaste.jpg (77 KB, 960x642) Image search: [Google]
homemade_toothpaste.jpg
77 KB, 960x642
>>7404779
So is fluoride.
>>
>>7404800
Most dentistry in America have a giggle with you.

>Oh hey that tooth isn't looking good you'll need a root canal in the future
>Btw That'll be $800+tip+crown

Meanwhile I go to Mexico for my dental needs and never pay more than $200 for my shit and hadn't needed a root canal in a decade.

America, land of the fee.
>>
>>7405751
>Meanwhile I go to Mexico for my dental needs and never pay more than $200 for my shit and hadn't needed a root canal in a decade.
Enjoy your HIV!
>>
>>7405714
>peppermint oil
>stevia

Why?
>>
>>7405776
to make it generic toothpaste tasting and sweet.
>>
>>7405114
>drinking water
Your tongue turns white because of dehydration, so yeah, this.
Also crest whitening toothpaste is the shizznit. Been using it for 6 months and my teeth are noticeably whiter. Feels gud mang.
>>
>>7405714
Isn't vegetable glycerin what those hipster faggot vapers vape? Why would I put that on my teeth.
>>
>>7405714
Don't do this it makes mustard gas
>>
>>7405714
What fucking good does stevia do? Where did you get this from?

I suspect the peppermint oil is just for flavor as well, but it does have some minor antibacterial properties.
>>
File: 1455922836727.png (119 KB, 421x404) Image search: [Google]
1455922836727.png
119 KB, 421x404
>people old enough to hold jobs still brush their teeth
for fucks sake, are you 9 or something? mommy's not going to force you
>>
>>7402271
couldn't agree more
>>
>>7405430
>jab gums with sharp implement instead of using the sheer force of water, which is easier on your gums and just as effective

What are you, some kind of idiot?
>>
>>7402271
i don't floss and only brush teeth and tongue once in the morning. I've never had cavities or any problems in my life, how bad is it if i just keep doing this? I brush a little rough if that matters.
>>
Brushing immediately after eating does little to protect your teeth.

Most harmful bacteria are on the tongue, and your enzymes take around 30mins + to break them down. For example, if you eat an apple, the best time to brush would be after 30 minutes, as during that period your mouth is still breaking down whatever is left.
>>
>tfw brush and floss fairly rigorously twice/day and still have slightly yellow teeth
>>
File: HX9332_05-IMS-en_GB.jpg (49 KB, 1250x1116) Image search: [Google]
HX9332_05-IMS-en_GB.jpg
49 KB, 1250x1116
>>7402271
>Brush your teeth 7-8 times per day

I'll take ridiculous for $500

Best thing I ever did for my teeth was cutting down on carbs and cutting out refined carbs. This ridiculously expensive toothbrush helped too.
>>
>>7403080
Why would I have to brush after waking up if I did it just before going to bed? I just brush after lunch and dinner, and take a xilitol chewing gum in the morning if my breath is particularly bad.
>>
You really brush at work?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.