[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Low and slow" That's the key to smoking good food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
"Low and slow"
That's the key to smoking good food
>>
OP is a faggot that doesn't know how to cook. Some food needs to be braised for a long period of time or smoked for a long period of time. Some food needs to be seared off in a screaming hot pan.
>>
>>7402067
Pls no bully, first time smoking wyngs. Took fuckin forever. Also is marinade good to use?
>>
File: b8.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
b8.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
nice try
>>
Why can't you just let people cook the way they want, anon?
>>
>>7402067
>Some food needs to be seared off in a screaming hot pan.

Indeed. but OP is specifically talking about smoking food, not cooking in general. You might want to work on your reading comp.
>>
>>7402015
I'm trying to understand the contention here.

Smoke needs time to penetrate the food. If you use too high of heat, it will overcook and dry out.

By the image, I suspect this is bait, but it's not even good bait. There's not really any argument about the technique.
>>
>>7403807
Not only that but the smoke produced by too hot a fire tastes nasty. Maintaining the correct temp is also about getting the most flavorful smoke, neither too cool nor too hot.
>>
>>7403838

Well clearly your temp was too low; 3 hours should be plenty for wings. What temp did you use? Was your thermometer positioned where the chicken was as opposed to elsewhere in your smoker? Did you leave it unattended and let the fire go out?
>>
>>7403838
You are a bad cook and most likely a bad eater. This is not a fault of smoking.

In other words, you were suspected of being a person who acts the fool on purpose, and instead proclaimed to be a genuine one.
>>
>>7403856
Aim for about 235F for 2.5 hours.
>>
>>7403875
I never do. I just toss them in olive oil and have a few spice rubs I use on them.
>>
>>7403892
It's what keeps the dry rub on the meat.
>>
>>7403875

See:

>>7403886

However, I wouldn't even do olive oil, and I'd smoke at about 250 for 2 hours even, then maybe a few minutes in an oven or fryer for a minute if you want to reheat.

As for spice rubs, I'd honestly just use either sugar, salt, and paprika (maybe a few other spices if you can swing it) in more or less equal amounts, perhaps half as much salt, mixed with just a bit of water, or salt, brown sugar, and black pepper. The latter in not quite equal amounts, more brown sugar than the other two. Either way, I'd smoke them with oak, though if I recall hickory is also quite good for poultry.
>>
>>7405172

samefagging, sorry, just going to say that I'm sorry if it sounded like I was trashing the other guy, I was just pointing out some minor differences in how we'd do things.
>>
>>7402015
I love it when the OP's pic gets deleted. All those "file deleted" images really add class to this forum.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.