[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spaghetti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: porcelain-black.jpg (30 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
porcelain-black.jpg
30 KB, 405x405
I'm currently making some spaghetti and sauce, and it smells delicious. I used finely diced onions, celery, and crushed garlic softened in olive oil, added butter then ground hamburger.
I let that cook for a couple minutes, added some freshly sliced baby mushrooms(about 8 oz), sugar, salt, and mint (more than a little).
After a couple minutes, I added about 30oz of beef broth, a 6oz can of tomato paste,and a 15oz can of tomato sauce (I like my sauce a little thicker, sue me).
Served over some spaghetti rigati, it's going to be awesome.
How do you like your spaghetti, /ck/?
>>
Nothing? I know that /ck/ is a slower moving board, but I was kinda hoping for some replies. No one wants to weigh in here?
>>
>>7401496
I used to make bolognese in a really shitty way, no celery or carrots, just onions, mushrooms and garlic. Then I discovered that a bolognese is supposed to have celery and carrots in it so I changed the veg, started using simpler ingredients and now they turn out kinda watery with not as much flavour. Your recipe seems to be a midpoint between my old and new and I think im gonna try it. If I want to make my sauces thicker should I just use more tomatoes instead of stock?
>>
>>7401533
The stock helps it not be as acidic, the original recipe I based it off of called for no tomato sauce, I just add it to thicken it out. I've had it with and without the tomato sauce, and personally prefer it with. The mint is the key ingredient here, it's an odd choice for spaghetti, but it works so well.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.