[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some dinners you are somewhat ashamed of making all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: rice.jpg (46 KB, 356x600) Image search: [Google]
rice.jpg
46 KB, 356x600
What are some dinners you are somewhat ashamed of making all the time?

Mine is a couple boxes of pic related, mixed with diced onion and green bell pepper, and a can of tomatoes cooked down with a pound of hamburger. My goal is to make it reminiscent of chili. I put some ancho chili powder in that bitch, little cumin, garlic powder, couple pinches of cayenne, pinch of oregano. I usually make some kinda cheese bread to go with it.

Senpai, no matter how complicated I make rice-a-roni, I'm ashamed, but it's so delicious.
>>
hey at least you put some effort into it
i eat shitty instant meals for dinner once every other week or so
stuff like pizza rolls, kraft dinner, chef boyardee etc
no ragrets
>>
>>7401250
Why not just make chili?
>>
>>7401250
OP, at that point of add-ins and doctoring up, you should be able to just make the rice delicious with stock or the flavor from browning that hamburger.

I make a rice casserole by baking/browning seasoned bone-in chicken breasts in the oven at 450F for 15 minutes in a 9 x 13 pyrex. It's rubbed and squeezed all over with lime, garlic, salt and pepper. Then I add two bags of pearl valencia rice (cheap Diana/Goya), large can of whole peeled tomatoes, several cut up onions. Sometimes stock or wine, but really just the tomato liquid and enough water to cover. Lid on or foil, bam 45 mins later, perfection of lime-tomato-chicken rice with luscious onions. I throw the halves of lime right into the rice, and they get kind of roasty and taste like preserved lemons, a little morrocan.
You might enjoy making a from-scratch dirty rice! Or an old fashioned chili-mac casserole. A 12" lidded metal skillet parked in the oven, huge texture difference to the "instant" nature of the parboiled rice in the boxed Rice A Roni.
>>
>>7401314
That's like saying spaghetti and pizza is the same just because they involve tomato sauce and dough.
>>
>>7401317

noone cares
>>
Mac & Cheese with Spam & Peas
>>
>>7401317
that sounds nice. I might do something like that.

>>7401476
good post
>>
Pot pies, instant ramen and those Maruchan yakisoba or chow mein or whatever they are bowls.
>>
>>7401465
Totinos party pizzas
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.