[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you screw up cooking something and it tastes shitty or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: take a nap.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
take a nap.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>tfw you screw up cooking something and it tastes shitty or just really really bland but you still force yourself to eat it because it cost you money and effort
>>
>>7400927
you can just deal with it. The nightmare starts in the same situation but if you have to serve it to other people and you don't have a backup plan.
>>
File: 1445290718275.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1445290718275.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>7400927
>fuck up making some pasta sauce, unbelievably hot, too many chillies I think
>actually have to stop halfway to go to the store for milk
>power through the rest of the terrible tasting hot mess I have made
>>
File: Chicken Paprika.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Paprika.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>7400927
it's okay cause you gained some skills, the more you cook the better you'll be. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

>be me cooking today's lunch
>feel inspired since I saw this Gordon Ramsay's video for boeuf stroganoff
>take some chicken breasts and roll them in paprika, cumin and a little bit of paprika while i cook some onions and mushrooms
>cook the chicken with the rest
>imfeelingthis.jpeg
>add some chicken broth cause it's professional
>add some cream
>shit looks dank, my roomates are salivating
>get a boner from so much skillz

mfw when it was just meh, with undercooked mushrooms and not a very good mix of spices

pic related de chicken stroganoff

It wasn't all that bad but I know what to do different next time.
>>
>>7400927
Isn't that the beauty if cooking? You eat your mistakes in shame but no one else need to know about it.
>>
>>7400927
I made 35 cabbage rolls last week. Added way too much pepper, they were dry and gross. There's still some in the fridge
>>
>>7400966
That is a very weird stroganoff. Like, the only ingredient it shares with the traditional version is onion type of weird.
Other than that, cumin seems out of place, but the dish should be great otherwise. What will you do different next time?
>>
>>7400927
That really shouldn't happen if you are over 20 yrs of age.
>>
Just fried two fish fillets that I forgot to season.
>>
>>7401525
I'll cook the meat first, then take it out of the pan and cook the onions and mushrooms in the same pan. It will take a little longer because I won't be able to prepare the chicken while the rest is cooking, however the mushrooms while cook in the spices. Then readd the meat to the pan and add the chiken broth and cream.
Easy and yummi
>>
>>7401568
>Twenty is the deadline for adopting wasteful habits, if you do it any later, you're scum
>>
>>7403051
Thinking of this, adding broth and cream, letting them reduce a bit and then adding chicken to finish would be better. It prevents overcooked chicken and concentrates flavor a bit more.
>>
>>7400966
Depending on the quality / freshness and species of your mushrooms, you will need to cook them longer than onions for them to release all their water.

From the picture it looks like you used canned mushrooms. I don't recommend using that but then again I'm French and have all the fresh shrooms I could need, but if you really have to use that, they take even longer than fresh mushrooms to cook.

Same thing with the creme fraiche and broth, if you add liquids in order to make a sort of sauce, you need to reduce it. The picture looks watery as fuck which either means you undercooked it or put wayyy too much broth.

Don't forget black pepper to add a little twist.
>>
>>7403081
>>7403102
thanks some legit advice
Though the mushrooms are fresh and not canned.
And yeah I just didn't have enough patience to wait for the sauce to reduce.
et moi aussi je suis française aiiiiii
>>
>>7403141
ayyyyy, salut, tu veux que je te montre comment faire un stroganoff? :^))

Désolé, vu la coupe large des champignons j'ai cru que c'était de la boite. Ces trucs sont plein d'eau et ça prend du temps à évacuer.

Si t'as pas le temps, oublies le bouillon, déglace juste un coup au vin blanc pour prendre le jus et les épices et rajoute un peu de crème fraiche derrière en faisant réduire.

The thing is, Ramsay's a great chef and his videos are alright. However they seem to just be a tool to accompany his book. His videos never give any quantities or cooking time which can be misleading and having you end up with too much broth.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.