[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
that elvis sandwich What would you do? Chunky or creamy peanut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Fool's_Gold_Loaf_(8720348111).jpg (848 KB, 1744x1308) Image search: [Google]
Fool's_Gold_Loaf_(8720348111).jpg
848 KB, 1744x1308
that elvis sandwich

What would you do? Chunky or creamy peanut butter? What flavor jelly?
Crispy or chewy bacon? Mashed or sliced banana?
>>
>>7400332
Pic looks terrible. Bread looks tough, untoasted.

Chewy bacon is just someone not cooking it properly. Thus, bacon should be added right at the end, so it stays crispy.

Its a silly sandwich, really. It's one ingredient too many. PBJ, PB&B, to either one add bacon, but not all of those things. Bread should be white or whole grain, not too heavy/dense unless very soft, or else lightly toasted.
>>
>>7400347
>Chewy bacon is just someone not cooking it properly
Actually, people can like chewy meat. Not all bacon is really thin so it gets crispy and crumbly, there are some thicker ones that can have a little crisp but be more chewy.
>>
I would have the bacon very crispy with not too much jelly, maybe some wholefoods tier special peanut butter for zing

I'm okay with a simple white loaf
>>
>>7400353
>Actually, people can like chewy meat. Not all bacon is really thin so it gets crispy and crumbly, there are some thicker ones that can have a little crisp but be more chewy.
In the case of bacon, you'd be wrong. Chewy bacon is undercooked, or allowed to steam or other improper handling after it was cooked.
>>
>>7400383
And some people like that
>>
>>7400383
But that's wrong, because you don't actually have a reason to believe that. This isn't a "beans don't belong in chili" argument, or a "medium rare or less" issue. This is you being close minded and thinking you have a reason for believing what you do, when you really, really don't.
>>
>>7400332
Chunky. Strawberry. Crispy. Sliced.
>>
>>7400396
>But that's wrong, because you don't actually have a reason to believe that.

No, he'd be close-minded if this WAS a beans in chili argument or steak doneness. Undercooked pork is undercooked pork. If you want to say you like to eat undercooked pork then okay, but that isn't the same as adequately cooked bacon. Enjoy your parasites.
>>
>>7400347
>Chewy bacon is just someone not cooking it properly.
Whatever you say, faggot.
>>
Chunky peanut butter. Grape jelly is traditional, but I'd rather do a berry. Bacon obviously crispy, the the banana is sliced, but ripe enough that it hardly makes a difference.
>>
Creamy. Grape. Crispy. Sliced.
>>
>>7400332
Eating a mouthful of jelly and that shitty looking bread.

Grose dude
>>
>>7400439
>>7400383
it's funny that i can't find a single source on the internet that corroborates your argument. but who needs evidence on 4chan, when you can just reassert your sourceless opinion to get that feeling of superiority
>>
>>7400530
>PLEASE SPOON FEED ME, THIS SITE IS HARDER TO USE THAN REDDIT :((

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/meat-preparation/fresh-pork-from-farm-to-table/CT_Index

>For safety, the USDA recommends cooking ground pork patties and ground pork mixtures such as meat loaf to 160 °F. Cook all organ and variety meats (such as heart, kidney, liver, tongue, and chitterlings) to 160 °F. Cook all raw pork steaks, chops, and roasts to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F.
>>
>>7400536
the burden of proof is on you, dumbass.

also you can easily get it to an internal temperature of 145 and still have it chewy.
>>
>>7400536
What would happen if you boiled bacon then? It would have an internal temperature of 212 degrees so would it be crispy?
>>
>>7400552
>Post facts about cooked and uncooked pork
>"burden of proof is on you"

>Claims he can somehow fry bacon without cooking it
>No source or proof needed

Okay, idiot. Go away, there are people who actually cook here.
>>
>>7400563
sorry, i thought it would be obvious to someone who cooks that you can get a 1/4 inch slice of meat to 145 degrees without the water evaporating from it. you know, since water boils at 212 degrees.

also, i never said anything about frying it. you can put the bacon in the oven if you want it chewier.
>>
Creamy PB. Blueberry preserves. Bacon is fine either way. There was no banana on the Fool's Gold, you're mixing it up with his other favorite, which was a pan-fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I love peanut butter like a fat man loves peanut butter. Trust me. I've done my research.
>>
>>7400332
creamy peanut butter on bottom roll, crispy bacon, then a brown and yellow banana slices, jelly on top layer. then I'd probably toast the whole thing
>>
>>7400332
you don't put jelly in too
just bacon, peanut butter, banana
I'd have crispy bacon, creamy peanut butter and sliced bananas personally.
>>
>>7400332
I'm pretty sure the King didn't use jelly.
>>
>>7400752
No. That's a different sandwich.
>>
>>7400347
Hater
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.