[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is milk healthy? Or should I remove it from my diet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 13
Is milk healthy? Or should I remove it from my diet?
>>
>>7400220
Glorified sugar-water.
>>
>>7400220
milk is healthy in moderate amounts unless you're lactose intolerant or allergic to casein.

>>7400282
you probably think drinking anything other than water and tea will instantly turn you into a mentally challenged diabetic
>>
>>7400282
More like fatty sugar-protein water.

>>7400220
you're better off with less or none of it unless you do a lot of physical work every day. Graduate to cheese or yoghurt like an adult.
>>
>>7400302
>Graduate to cheese or yoghurt like an adult.
you don't even know what you're talking about. cheese is basically concentrated milk, and yogurt is just fermented milk.

you sound insecure, actually.
>>
Non-pasteurized milk is healthy. Or at least more healthy than pasteurized milk.
So make sure you support your local farmers and buy fresh milk from them.
>>
>>7400302
>fatty sugar-protein water
that's all you need. milk is perfect.
>>
>>7400309
>you sound insecure, actually
I think you are projecting

Milk is more for kids where I'm from. People prefer their dairy from cheese and yoghurt because of they're versatile and flavourful, but I wont judge you for drinking milk
>>
>>7400325
True but people normally guzzle it down with other stuff so it ends up just being excess fat
>>
>>7400220
The only bad part about milk is the calories. And lactose, if you're intolerant.
>>
>is milk healthy
not really, its mostly fat with nutritional benefits that can easily be obtained in other foods. not to mention the puss & blood that occasionally gets mixed in. the whole thing about "does a body good" was just marketing.

if you're concerned about calcium intake, just eat more greens.
>>
>>7400388
>Le fat is bad mayday
>puss and blood
I heard American milk is fairly dodgy,so this may well be true,also potentially bovine growth hormone and estrogen
>>
It's for poor white people.
>>
>>7400302
>fatty sugar-protein
that sounds delicious
>>
>>7400220
If your skin is fine, then no reason to cut out milk imo. I eat a fuckton of cereal.

If you have kinda gross skin, cutting milk out can help
>>
>>7400313
>Non-pasteurized milk is healthy. Or at least more healthy than pasteurized milk
This is just not true, drinking unpasteurized milk puts you at much greater risk for getting sick especially if you are buying from some small time operation that likely has poor quality control
>>
>>7400407
both good for your bones
>>
>>7400313
>support your local farmers
>by committing a crime
>>
>>7400459
>it is a crime to buy fresh milk
>you care
I doubt this is even true but dont be such a faggot
>>
Not bad for bulkan... calorically dense and has proteinz.
>>
Calcium is good for your boner
>>
I usually drink about a gallon by myself in a little over a week.
>>
>>7400220
It's mostly a cocktail of sugar, fat, and hormones notably estrogen & casomorphine which is chemically identical to ACTUAL morphine when broken down by our bodies (which makes sense if evolution wants new born mammals to drink mothers' milk that it would include a mild natural narcotic). The evidence of health impacts haven't been kind to it.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/prostate-cancer-and-organic-milk-vs-almond-milk/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-acne-promoting-effects-of-milk/

I would swap for almond or soy milk.

>>7400456
>>7400510
Current evidence of bone density and fracture risk does not support this.
http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/news/20141029/is-milk-your-friend-or-foe
>>
>>7400531
If youre afraid of hormones soy milk is no alternative.
>>
The only milk I use (besides cheese) is a few drops of cream in my coffee.
>>
>>7400541
>the only milk I use
>is cheese and cream, not milk
hurr hurr
>>
>>7400548
No, I'm saying I don't use very much. I should have said "dairy," so I'm sorry for confusing you.
>>
>>7400538
Granted.
>>
>not drinking 4 pints of whole milk a day
shig
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
>>7400309
>you don't even know what you're talking about. cheese is basically concentrated milk, and yogurt is just fermented milk.

Not him, but this is the most retarded comment in the thread so far. Yoghurt culture removes a lot of the lactose and some of the fats from milk and depending on the cultures will add varying amounts of B vitamins and other beneficial nutrients.
Cheese has virtually no lactose and again, depending on the cultures offers a large variety of added nutrients.

If you're going to post on a food/drink board at least know even the basics of food and drink, your post offered nothing and everyone is dumber for having interacted with you.
In response to OP milk is pretty good for you but does contain a lot of lactose (sugar) and fat, though I'd argue it's a good source of fat. If lactose is the concern then Kefir, Yoghurt, Cheese and other dairy cultures may be better choices, or a lactose free milk, which is essentially one and the same.
>>
It's not as good for you as the dairy market wants you to believe, it doesn't "help build strong bones," and stay the fuck away from lowfat milk because it's more sugary and leads to obesity.

Just drink it, but don't won't really overdo it? Like pretty much anything you'd eat. It's not particularly good nor bad, no reason to cut it nor increase your intake of it.
>>
>>7400531
>Organic
This fucking meme needs to die.
>>
Every time I see someone complaining about milk I have a fucking laugh, because they will tell you about how we are not supposed to drink milk of cows while they are having a coke, or eating potato chips or whatever processed shit.
Yeah, maybe there is something there about milk not being so good for you, but I'd worry about that when your diet reaches %100 clean status. Until you are having no processed foods, no over consumption of sodium, no trans fats, no overconsuption of saturated fats, no GMO foods, no sugars, no alcohol, etc, etc, etc. then fuck off about it being bad for you.
>>
File: 1313229864077.png (109 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
1313229864077.png
109 KB, 432x576
>>7400487
http://milk.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005192

depending on the sate and other circumstances it's illegal to sell unpasteurized milk for human consumption.
>>
>>7400585
>doesn't help build strong bones
Added vitamin D and Calcium. What am I missing you feeble boned faggot?
>>
depends what you mean by diet? milk was plugged as a super-food back in the day because you could drink a glass of it and obtain protein, fat, carbs, and vitamin in fairly high doses. its calorie dense.

if you are eating to lose weight any weight loss expert will tell you milk is your worst enemy and they'd be right. it's too calorie dense. but to say it's unhealthy is retarded. sure it's unhealthy when you guzzle it like water which is what the milk industry wants because people think that it's healthy which is also stupid.

tl;dr it's not unhealthy in moderation by any means nor is it a superfood like dairy industries claim. like most things.

nothing wrong with eating mcdonalds if you eat like 1/3 of the burger
>>
>>7400677
what people who preach that NoMilk nonsense don't understand is that domestication of cattle and drinking milk is an over 10,000 year old practice. we evolved a milk tolerance because people who were able to stomach it had way better chances of surviving. drinking milk might be an archaic practice in terms of necessity but fuck it. it tastes good and is utilized in a seemingly infinite amount of recipes. milk isn't going anywhere. just don't start drinking it like its gonna cure cancer and bitch that you got fat. it's 2016, treat it like you'd treat any other drink that's 150 calories per serving
>>
>>7400329
>I think you are projecting
no, you're insecure about drinking milk because you think it makes you a baby

>but I wont judge you for drinking milk

>Graduate to cheese or yoghurt like an adult.
this is a judgmental statement

>>7400388
>that can easily be obtained in other foods.
you can say this about anything

>>7400562
i know what making yogurt and cheese does, and making yogurt doesn't remove fat. you're just being pedantic. my point was that there's no reason to say cheese and yogurt are for adults and milk is for kids.

>your post offered nothing and everyone is dumber for having interacted with you.
stop quoting adam sandler movies, it makes you sound stupid.
>>
>>7400737
>I'm shitposting and anyone who objects is judgemental or an edgelord
The lack of self awareness on 4chan knows no bounds

>my point was that there's no reason to say cheese and yogurt are for adults and milk is for kids.
I didn't, you were shitposting to someone else with that one. I addressed the retarded general statement you made and now you're butthurt. Get off the internet and get a job kid.
>>
>>7400716
>if you are eating to lose weight any weight loss expert will tell you milk is your worst enemy and they'd be right
Not at all. Your worst enemy is probably refined sugar, so let's not exaggerate. Nutritionists have seen more and more studies released on dietary calcium (and more loss of dietary fat via stool), and blood levels of Vitamin D linked to improved heart disease risks, as well as weight loss and sustained weight loss in folks who had it in their diets. It's good for healthy brain chemistry too. You need Vit D to feel nice. You can drop pills if you want to throw all of that into your kidneys and liver quickly, instead of within your diet though.

The only negative to milk might be those who opt for fat free vs whole, as it has a higher glycemic index than whole milk, say if you have diabetes.
>>
File: scrot.png (22 KB, 474x331) Image search: [Google]
scrot.png
22 KB, 474x331
>>7400761
>as it has a higher glycemic index than whole milk
>>
>>7400759
>The lack of self awareness on 4chan knows no bounds
i dunno what you're trying to say. telling people they're babies for drinking milk is judgmental, i didn't say disagreeing with me is judgmental.

>I didn't
i know you didn't, i never said you did.

>retarded butthurt kid get a job
you're stupid. you're just trying to show everyone how smart you are.
>>
>>7400309

Concentrated milk is actually condensed milk you silly sausage
>>
>>7400761
Milk has plenty lactose in it, you're right that it's a good source of Vitamin D, and it's usually fortified with other essentials, but it's still got a lot of sugar in it compared to other drinks.

>>7400791
>telling people they're babies for drinking milk is judgmental, i didn't say disagreeing with me is judgmental.
You're addressing the wrong person again.

>you're stupid. you're just trying to show everyone how smart you are.
I'm trying to show everyone how stupid you are. So far you're beating me at every turn.
>>
>>7400761
any weight loss expert will tell you to avoid milk because it's like drinking soda. whether you like it or not, calories in calories out is still the most important piece of dieting information. everything else is minuscule compared to the effect
>>
>>7400813
>You're addressing the wrong person again.
i was replying to that poster and making a general statement. how could i have addressed the wrong person? you are a shitposter of the highest caliber.
>>
>>7400819
>any weight loss expert will tell you to avoid milk because it's like drinking soda.
then that expert doesn't know what they're talking about. milk is more satiating than soda, and will probably help you not consume too many calories because it will make you feel full. i've never seen anyone drink cup after cup of milk like they do with soda, or just walk around drinking from a gallon container of milk like they do with huge cups you can get at gas stations. not to mention the caffeine in soda, coming down off of a caffeine high can make you hungrier.

you can lose weight consuming less calories than you need in twinkies, but consuming it in food that keeps you full is just as important.
>>
Repeat after me
>The only species on the planet that can drink other species milk
>>
>>7400845
We also have rocket ships.
>>
>>7400787
Dunno what you are trying to prove posting something about skim rather than fat free...but it's universal now that Whole milk is better for you. Insulin response is vastly different. Net carbs are different. Even protein is different.
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/oct/09/low-fat-whole-milk-usda-dietary-guidelines
>>
>>7400835
ok but you are still rejecting the fact that it contains the same if not more calories per serving than soda. ive never once heard of a diet expert suggest to someone trying to lose weight to drink milk unless it's for meal replacement or the primary form of calories in a meal. it's just too dense and you are arguing like having vitamins makes a big difference. it doesn't. it's like a natural dessert and with all the knowledge out there you should be smart enough to see that by now
>>
>>7400845
Are you trying to say this is a bad thing because other animals don't do it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
>>
>>7400845
you could say this about tons of adaptations that animals have made all over the world. "the only species that can blank." we evolved a tolerance to lactose. it was a good thing and arguably incredibly important to human development
>>
>>7400867
>ok but you are still rejecting the fact that it contains the same if not more calories per serving than soda
which is only a problem if you consume too many calories. there's nothing wrong with consuming food that's high in calories. unless you have such poor self control that you can't stop eating, and at that point you need psychological help and not a diet. a lot of people fail at losing weight because they think they can only drink water and eat dry vegetables to accomplish it.
>>
File: scrot.png (30 KB, 356x476) Image search: [Google]
scrot.png
30 KB, 356x476
>>7400861
>skim milk rather than fat free
>>
>>7400887
which is literally what I said in my original post. so why are you arguing?
>>
>>7400835
>milk is more satiating than soda
No it isn't.

>it will make you feel full
No it wont.

>i've never seen anyone drink cup after cup of milk like they do with soda, or just walk around drinking from a gallon container of milk like they do with huge cups you can get at gas stations
You haven't looked very hard, /fit/ is full of people who do this every day. It's specifically chosen for bulking.
The entire Mark Rippletoe meme stems from using Milk to put on weight.

>coming down off of a caffeine high can make you hungrier
Studies show the effects of stimulation either adrenal or otherwise from amphetamines, caffeine, nicotine, etc always reduce hunger.
I'm not the other guy but you're completely full of nonsense.
>>
>>7400916
>No it isn't.
a balance of fat, protein, and carbs is less satiating than pure carbs? it takes longer to digest than soda, you can't dispute this.

people on /fit/ do it because they're so concerned with gaining weight. it's not the same thing. they have to almost force themselves to do it.

i said coming down off of a caffeine high can make you hungry, i didn't say consuming caffeine makes you hungry. i know what it does. you have poor reading comprehension, probably because you want to put someone down and feel superior so you post too quickly. you should stop because it makes you look silly and immature.
>>
>>7400905
because you can consume high calorie foods and still lose weight. telling people the only thing they need to watch out for are calories is wrong. they'll end up consuming nothing but low calorie foods, never feeling full and have low energy. it's better to teach people how to moderate everything, including soda and milk if they want to drink it.
>>
>>7400946
which is literally what I said in my original AND subsequent posts. so why are you arguing?
>>
>>7400932
>a balance of fat, protein, and carbs is less satiating than pure carbs? it takes longer to digest than soda
Why are you comparing to soda? Anyone drinking soda already doesn't care about the amount of sugar they're ingesting, unless it's diet soda, which has zero calories.

>people on /fit/ do it because they're so concerned with gaining weight. it's not the same thing. they have to almost force themselves to do it.
>It doesn't make you gain weight because people who gain weight from it are trying too hard
I'll take ridiculous logic for $500. Not to mention the reason whole milk is recommended for bulking is, amongst other things, specifically because it doesn't fill you up.

>i said coming down off of a caffeine high can make you hungry, i didn't say consuming caffeine makes you hungry.
Then you're talking about an extremely short margin of time which is completely out of context with any rational discussion of weight loss.
>you have poor reading comprehension. probably because you want to put someone down and feel superior so you post too quickly. you should stop because it makes you look silly and immature.
No, I'm putting you down because you're talking out of your shitter and people might actually listen to you. If you're upset about that then perhaps you should stop posting nonsense on the internet.
>>
>>7400946
you are an actual retarded person. I dare you to tell a fatass to eat 1/8 of a meatball sub because he will lose weight due to moderation. when he comes back and is even fatter with tears in his eyes condemning you for tempting him with all the shitty food in low moderation. like 9/10 of dieting is getting over people's addictions to shitty food. your methods help no one except soccer moms who want to shed a few pounds before their carnival cruise. but even they are smart enough to tell you to go fuck yourself. when you are trying to eat 1200-1500 calories a day, a splash of milk worth 50 calories in your coffee isn't fucking worth it. milk is terrible for dieting. and that other guy said it right, unless it's a main source of calories for the meal you are having stay away from it
>>
>>7400953
you compared milk to soda and said the only thing that matters is not consuming too many calories, and you were wrong?

>>7400957
>Why are you comparing to soda?
because the first poster did. don't just jump into arguments without finding what they're about.

>Not to mention the reason whole milk is recommended for bulking is, amongst other things, specifically because it doesn't fill you up.
no, it's because it's a beverage that's high in calories and has protein. and it's cheap.

>the rest of your post
i stopped reading

>>7400967
> I dare you to tell a fatass to eat 1/8 of a meatball sub
hurr durr. stop making up ridiculous arguments to argue against. it would be more reasonable to eat half of sub depending on the size, along with a salad.

a meatball sub isn't inherently unhealthy and won't magically make you gain weight if you don't overeat. in fact, if it's not overloaded with nothing but meat and cheese and comes with peppers, onions and tomato sauce it's fairly balanced for a meal.

>your methods help no one except soccer moms who want to shed a few pounds before their carnival cruise.
you're trying to help people with a poor diet by switching to another poor diet when they need psychological help. it's entirely different. neither one of us are retarded, but you don't get the difference.
>>
>>7401002
Some people should come with a government issued warning sticker
>>
>>7401002
Jesus Christ you are hopeless. so your solution instead of convincing fatties to put down the fork and eat healthier less calorie dense shit is to let them eat what they want and get a therapist? you must be a delusion lard ass yourself if you truly believe that. I compared milk to soda based off one thing: calorie density. nothing you say can change the fact that they are basically the same in that regard. obviously milk is the lesser of the two evils. but it's still terrible for regular dieting. now go suck down some nesquik and cry
>>
>>7401016
some people ad hominem when they lose an argument
>>
>>7401021
>and eat healthier less calorie dense
less calorie dense does not mean healthier

i'm at a perfect weight, i go to the gym 4-5 times per week and am above average in physical fitness.

you sound like someone who can't deal with the fact that they're wrong and you act like your world is being destroyed.

you may have psychological issues.
>>
>>7401021
>let them eat what they want
in proper proportions, this would be okay. i never said eat anything you want in any amount and just go to therapy.

neither milk nor soda are inherently evil, overconsumption is the problem.

get help.
>>
>>7401034
the only thing I'm losing is my mind I think for trying to argue with someone so far gone that they believe everyone who doesn't agree with them or needs to diet requires psychological help.

with that being said post pics of your hot bod for me
>>
>>7401046
>replying to the same post twice
>with an argument that was introduced in the original post you replied to

ok. I'll get help. /ck/ has some gems.
>>
>>7401034
holy shit the insecurities.
>>
>>7401047
>everyone who doesn't agree with them or needs to diet requires psychological help.
talking about how milk and soda are evil is clearly a sign of psychological issues.

>>7401053
grasping at straws
>>
>>7401059
i just responded with some information after being called a delusional lardass to give some credibility to my statements. this doesn't make me insecure.
>>
>>7401072
lesser of two evils is an expression you aspie fuck
>>
>>7401082
i know what it is, using that expression when you're talking about milk and soda is a bit extreme and sounds like you're afraid of beverages

usa allying with stalin to defeat hitler was a lesser of two evils, not drinking milk instead of soda
>>
>>7401023
Whatever makes you feel better about shitposting on the internet
>>
>>7401099
>>7401142
>>
>>7401142
Whatever makes you feel better about calling milk evil

>>7401152
>upvoted!
>>
>>7401099
>usa allying with stalin to defeat hitler was a lesser of two evils
Stalin killed more people than Hitler
>>
File: 1448816339729.jpg (146 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1448816339729.jpg
146 KB, 1200x675
>>7400708
Yeah, the part where calcium in normal amounts do jack shit to bone health and in abundance is actually detrimental to bone health:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18065599
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20949604
http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1769138

Added Vitamin D is good though, but if you're looking for bone health then go for a difference source since in order to get that vitamin D you need to get an abundance of calcium along the ride.
>>
>>7400728
>>7400677
Nomilk is stupid, but I think primarily people just want to dispell the myth of milk being a health item required in everyone's diet for proper nutrition.

It's good for what it is, but there's no reason to cut it unless you're losing weight; but there's no reason to add it if you aren't drinking it much either.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>2016
>Still drinking the pasteurized Jew
>>
A guy on the internet the other day said it was bad for your skin but didn't really have any evidence. If he's telling the truth it'd make sense why my skin isn't great because I have cereal every day, but I can't find any evidence.
>>
>>7402016
just do a trial of a month without milk vs. a month of 2 to 4 liters of milk a day.
>>
>>7402016
The fat and protiens would suggest that it's actually good for your skin.
>>
>>7402016
I've always had great skin and I drink whole milk everyday. What is your skincare routine?
>>
>2016
>still believing fat is bad for you

I bet you guys still think salt is bad, too.
>>
>>7400220
Skim milk is low fat, high protein, moderate sugar, moderate carbs, good source of B12 and calcium. It's pretty good for you, great for kids.
>>
>>7402202
I should also mention that the only dairy I consume is whey protein isolate, because it's stripped of virtually all lactose (I'm lactose intolerant).
>>
Is soy milk healthy? When I was a teenager I switched because I thought it would help with acne. It didn't, but now I really like soy milk.
>>
>>7402016
It's bad for your skin if you're allergic. I thought milk was giving me skin issues, but it turned out to be fruit. If you're eating a sugary cereal or cereal with fruit, it might be that.

Try rinsing your face a few times a day and avoid using soap unless your face actually gets dirty because it will dry it out. Change your pillowcases often too.
>>
>>7402202

If you and your kids are gay maybe.
>>
>>7402524
No, not really. It's highly processed, and some say it promotes high estrogen in men (reducing testosterone) and estrogen imbalances in women.
>>
>>7402202
Drinking too much milk lead to iron deficiency in children:
https://www.dukemedicine.org/blog/iron-deficiency-anemia-children

Skim milk is actually linked with obesity:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23320900

Meanwhile evidence points to regular fat milk not having a correlation to obesity, and in fact is associated with a LOWER risk of obesity:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22810464

And I've already posted on how too much calcium is actually detrimental to bone health.

Everything in moderation, but if you're going to drink milk then don't go skim. Skim is pretty much just slightly creamy water anyway.
>>
>>7400220
Don't listen to the shills in this thread. Milk is necessary for strong bones
>>
>>7400220
If you're trying to lose weight, just don't drink it. If you're a dude, you probably don't want ago those female hormones so you probably shouldn't drink it.
If you just like it and aren't a big fat fatty, get vitamin d/whole milk. 2% and below is just watered down milk and hella lame
>>
>>7404559
>Don't listen to the hard scientific data that strongly suggests that calcium in excess weakens bones and in normal quantities has no effect on bones
>Instead you should listen to me, who has no evidence to back up my claim
>>
>>7402016
He was probably a /fit/ retard or redditor. As the other anon said, those symptoms can come from a dairy allergy.
>>7402181
Which means you aren't allergic.
>>7402202
Fat is not bad. Adults consume too much sugar. For kids, it's fine.
>>
File: 1453604251847.png (152 KB, 509x410) Image search: [Google]
1453604251847.png
152 KB, 509x410
>>7404901
Ingesting hormones doesn't have the same effect as injecting hormones.

http://scienceblogs.com/aetiology/2012/06/19/growth-hormones-in-milk-mythfact/

>Studies have shown that Human and bovine milk normally contain small amounts of growth hormone. After ingestion, growth hormone as any other protein in milk: it is digested into its constituent amino acids and di- and tripeptides. There is no data to suggest that BST present in milk can survive digestion or produce unique peptide fragments that might have biological effects. Even if BST is absorbed intact, the growth hormone receptors in the human do not recognize cow BST and, therefore, BST cannot produce effects in humans. Oral toxicity studies in rats show that rbGH is not orally active in rats which mean it cannot be absorbed into the system via digestion. Overall studies show recombinant growth hormone cannot be absorbed intact through intestine and even if small amounts get absorbed, there is no receptor for bovine growth hormones in Humans But gut of the very young infant is an immature organ that can absorb intact proteins in small amounts. Pasteurization inactivates/destroys most of the BST in milk. Most infant formulas receive intense heat treatment and there is no trace amount of BST found in infant formulas.

Citation of the studies are in the footnotes.
>>
>>7402202
>>7402202
>>7402202
>>7402202

What about ESTROGEN?! i don't want titties on my pecs and a shriveled nutsack!
>>
>>7401179
>Everyone who disagrees with my made up nonsense thinks milk is evil

Aspergers 101
>>
>>7400220
consider it as a food and not a drink and you should be good.
>>
>>7405234
>Fat is not bad.
You're giving dangerous advice because not all fats are equal.
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/types-of-fat/
>The overarching message is that cutting back on saturated fat can be good for health if people replace saturated fat with good fats, especially, polyunsaturated fats. (1, 15, 22) Eating good fats in place of saturated fat lowers the “bad” LDL cholesterol, and it improves the ratio of total cholesterol to “good” HDL cholesterol, lowering the risk of heart disease.
>Eating good fats in place of saturated fat can also help prevent insulin resistance, a precursor to diabetes. (16) So while saturated fat may not be as harmful as once thought, evidence clearly shows that unsaturated fat remains the healthiest type of fat.
Milk contains saturated fat, and while it may not be the boogyman that it was once considered to be it should be avoided, or consumed in limited quantities, by certain people.
It's irresponsible to make generalisations when it comes to giving advice that concerns people's health.

>>7405234
>He was probably a /fit/ retard
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/features/worst-foods-for-your-skin?page=3
>F. William Danby, MD, a skin expert explains [...] Milk contains components related to the hormone testosterone that may stimulate oil glands in the skin, setting the stage for acne.
fit > fat
>>
File: phew2.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
phew2.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>tfw you wake up and realise there's no milk for coffee but then you remember there's vanilla ice cream in the freezer
>>
No a lot of nutritional value, filled with fat and pus. I used to love milk but when I realized how disgusting it is I stopped drinking it
>>
>>7406855
>milk for coffee
Get out.
>>
>>7400345
>not drinking skim milk
>>
>>7402197
Now this best be bait. Excess sodium is bad, this is known, and most people consume too much sodium, hence the common recommendation to reduce sodium in the diet. Eezy peezy logic
>>
>>7404332
>confirmed for not understanding basic nutritional concepts and not knowing how to interpret data in the literature
>>
>>7401185
Yes but when you damage your own property people don't care the same
>>
>>7408066
>If I say it in green, it means I'm right! I don't have to refute anything.
>>
>>7408715
>>7408715
>>
>>7408008
it's got less than a drop of pus per liter(?). and pus isn't a bad thing. we just associate it with zits and boils. there's pus in all your meat and chicken too.

plus. as a member of /ck/ in willing to bet you've tried more exotic foods than the average normie. so, say someone made a pus sauce or something, would you try it? I'm just saying that just because we attribute negative connotations to things in humans doesn't mean that they have to be equally gross on animals save piss and shit. I've eaten fish eyes before for example. hell, you've probably eaten more pubes at restaurants than you'd like to thing.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.