[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helloooo, this is Chef John from foodwishes dot com wiiiiiiiiith...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: chef-john.jpg (19 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
chef-john.jpg
19 KB, 208x208
Helloooo, this is Chef John from foodwishes dot com wiiiiiiiiith...
>>
Shitposting!
That's right, it's what people with no actual hobbies do on4chasm.
>>
>>7400214
funny you say that
>>
I enjoy most of his recipes and instructions. He doesn't drag it out like most cooking videos do.
>>
>>7400217
He doesn't bullshit anything, theo nly time he's talking something midly unrelated is when there's nothing to say on the short clip that's left until the next part and the end. Fucking love how it's just all content and no cucking with jeck bullshit
>>
>>7400217
This.

Although it took me a while to get used to his weird voice and obsession with cayenne and freakishly small wooden spoons. Now I appreciate all of that.

Btw, he sometimes uses a strangely shaped knife with Japanese letters on it. For example in the billionaires franks & beans video. Anyone know which knife that is?
Can't provide a Screenshot right now, as I'm on my phone, sorry.
>>
He does a great job in the audio-visual department. The trick is narrating the videos afterward instead narcissistically needing us to see his face.
>>
He brightens my day with his corny jokes/puns.
>>
>>7400209
Can't stand his videos but allrecieps has written isnturctions for all his recipes and I find l like 90+% quite nicely
>>
He is great.

Possibly the best youtube cooking channel out there.
>>
>>7400217
>>7400238
>>7401517

Yeah pretty much. And his little quirks like thiiiiiis and a little shake-a shake-a and "you're the christopher poole of your cooking school!" are a small price to pay for succinct recipe videos.

God bless this man
>>
anybody have any recipes they particularly like from this goy?
>>
I was browsing YouTube yesterday for lamb shank recipes and came across this video.

https://youtu.be/0F-MQSLan3k

No intro music, no puns or corny jokes, a more serious Chef John, unlike I've ever seen before.

Also filmed with a potato but still a solid recipe.
>>
>>7403377
BLT pasta is simple and delicious
>>
>>7402215
I enjoy all the rap jokes he does. I don't think I have ever heard a cooking host quote Wu-Tang as much as John does.
>>7403377
His oven wings 'recipe' is great. Christmas lasagna, shepherds pie, sopa de ajo and southern fried chicken breast are all something I used to make fairly frequently.
>>
>>7403421
His old videos are nice, also those where he has a sore throat are funny to watch because he sounds super bored and enthusiastic narrating them.
>>
>>7403377
Rouladen, Stroganoff, chicken wings...not gonna lie I'm huge FW fan it's hard to choose.
>>
>>7403377
Chicken Kiev takes a bit of time to make, but completely worth it.
>>
>>7403377
I made his Goulash last week and God damn is was amazing.
>>
>>7400209
Awful "chef" that has fucked up countless recipes from outside of America.
>>
>>7400209
Really cool bro. He makes occasional mentions towards the 420 which makes me wonder if he's a cannabro
>>
>>7403792
Fucking stoners. No one else gives a shit about your hobby. Fencers and model train collectors don't feel the need to mention their hobby in every conversation. Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7400209
He's a nice and comfy chef, with numerous simple and enjoyable recipes. He also has a very clean and nice presentation and production values.

Most of all, he isn't rushed, fussy, or "edgy" in any way. It's just plainly enjoyable.
>>
>>7403774
and of course we need to have our first troll
>>
>>7403377
I liked his five-spice pork loin. I tend to cook a lot of loin, and frankly, prefer the pan above the oven. As such, it was a graceful and very easy recipe.

Afterwards, I started including oyster sauce in the recipe to produce a darker glaze. But that's mostly a visual issue.
>>
>>7400209
I think he's really relaxing to watch, he's got a nice voice, doesn't scream or doesn't run around the kitchen waving his hands around, sometimes throws a funny line or two. I was thinking of making salted caramel custard using his recipe when I've got a special occasion.
>>
File: fatjoey_whatishappening.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fatjoey_whatishappening.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
Is Chef John a fusion of Ja/ck/ and Joey's DNA?
>>
>>7403818
That's because literally no one gives a fucking fuck about fencing and fucking trains.
Meanwhile, every other person smokes weed.
>>
I made his mushroom risotto for my dad and we both loved it. I make it once a week now.
It's my first chef john recipe and i'm going to start doing more.
>>
>>7404802

Not to mention there's little reason to discuss the legalization of fencing and trains because they don't have bass-ackwards laws restricting them.
>>
He introduced me to Sloppy Joe's.
I love Sloppy Joe's.
>>
>>7403377
his tzatziki sauce and pita bread
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.