[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I crack an egg so that the shell doesn't crumble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
How do I crack an egg so that the shell doesn't crumble up in my hands and get into the bowl?
>>
gently, very gently

ive found by applying the right amount of pressure i can crack eggs on the edge of the bowl without bits of shell going in
>>
>>7400068
Crack it on a flat surface not on the edge of the bowl

Buy real eggs and not CAFO shit eggs with paper-thin shells and runny snot albumen
>>
I've only ever had this issue a small handful of times. I seriously don't understand why it's such a common complaint. I'm not even the greatest cook either.
>>
>>
>how do i open a milk carton without spilling it all on the floor?
>>
>>7400080
>Crack it on a flat surface not on the edge of the bowl
This, and it doesn't take much pressure to crack it. Don't do it too hard. Do it just hard enough so you can pull the egg apart cleanly at the crack.
>>
Keep eggs in vinegar until the shell dissolves.
>>
>>7400068

Slice your eggs with a katana
>>
>>7400080
100% this. my counter top has rounded edges and I crack eggs perfect every time.

on a related not I wonder how much money I could make selling an egg cracking block. it'd be this retarded little rounded edge protruding from the base in an equally retarded fashion and perhaps even angled for ergonomic reasons.
>>
>>7400922
or an egg cracking machine
>>
>>7400080
thisthis
>>
>>7400111
Gets me every time
>>
Tiny crack and then open it with your fat baby sausage fingers.
>>
>>7400950
place egg in base holder pointing up. suction cup lowers onto egg securing it in place and latching on. mini hammers crack the egg at precise distances from each other at the exact center of the egg. then suction cup lifts the top off.
>>
>>7401006
And then the albumen spills all over the thing
>>
>>7401070
>missing the point
>>
>>7400111
I emitted an embarrassingly loud burst of high pitched laughter.
>>
Freeze the Egg in the freezer overnight. Get a hacksaw and saw it at the equator while the egg is still frozen and do this in a sterile cold room while wearing a Class III CDC approved biosafety bunny suit. Using a sterile spatula, very carefully scoop the frozen egg out of the shell into your bowl. Allow to thaw on ice with hourly sampling of contents for bacterial fecal coliform plate counts. Discard if the CFU is higher than 3 colonies per ml sample.
>>
>>7400068
Get better eggs if none of the other advice works. Or brown eggs
>>
File: 1411843725674.jpg (51 KB, 666x555) Image search: [Google]
1411843725674.jpg
51 KB, 666x555
>there are plebs who use 2 hands to crack an egg
>>
>>7400072
wrong. It'as the opposite.
>>
Someone should genetically modify chickens to lay eggs with screw top lids.
>>
>he can't crack an egg with one hand

I'm surrounded by plebs.
>>
>>7400068
It's not hard dude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imKuUNQd0cs
>>
>>7401995
>I'm surrounded by plebs.
Because we're stuck in your gravitational pull, you hamplanet.
>>
Are you literally retarded? How do you fuck it up
>>
>>7401843
1 hand masterrace since some weeks ago
>>
>>7400111
That was... Very unexpected
>>
>>7400096

Why is she doing that
>>
>>7401843
How does one even use 2 hands to do it? Do you hold one end of the end in each hand? Why the fuck would you do that?
>>
Why do American eggs are so white? Do they bleach them or something?
Is there such a culture that considers normal coloured eggs as unfit or not good enough?
>>
Get a butters knife and just tap against the egg until the shell slightly breaks, then pry it apart.
>>
>>7403737
White eggs are every bit as normal as brown eggs ya dingus, egg color varies with chicken breed.
>>
>>7403825
Still, white eggs are basically non existent where I live, whereas they seem to be the majority in America.
I guess that has to do with some kind of tradition or availability of certain chicken breed then
>>
I normally tap it on the edge of the bowl like:

tap tap, tap tap, tap, tap
(He-roes, in-the, half, shell)

Then pry the crack in the middle open with my thumbs. (tur-tle pow-er!)
>>
Ive been able to crack an egg on the side of a ceramic cup and into a bowl without any shells with one hand since the age of 12, what are you fellas on about?
>>
File: harpo_marx.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
harpo_marx.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>7403907

wtf?
>>
>>7403907
Radical.
>>
This might not make sense but you have to crack it with the full belief and confidence that it ill crack perfectly. Any hesitation or doubt, and the egg fucks up, like it wont crack clean or the yolk breaks or bits of shell go in.
Kind of like driving a car, you dont hesitate or doubt, because when you do that, things fuck up.
>>
>>7400096
So I can masturbate to it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.