[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried smoking some wings using pic related, 3 hrs later still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (33 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
33 KB, 650x650
I tried smoking some wings using pic related, 3 hrs later still not cooked all the way. Any hints to keep it at a hotter temp? I fucking still smell like Applewood dammnit.
>>
>>7399887
Did you use the smokebox or indirect coals in the main chamber?
>>
>>7399887
>Any hints
Git gud
>>
>>7399887
Finish them off in your oven it you Don't have literally all day to smoke meat. Or like the other guy said, put the coals in the big chamber with the wings.
>>
>>7399887
Mine is currently heating up for jerky. If you use coals then stack them for a while to get them all engages. If you use wood then it takes a bit of work and also needs time to really burn down before you start. Also the coals can go into the main chamber to make a killer smoky barbecue. Thats how I would advise using it for meat you're not curing
>>
>>7399887
>3 hrs later still not cooked all the way.
What was your temperature? Should know what it is or was, because of "danger zone" temps.

At this point, I'd finish them in the oven. I wouldn't have done more than 20 minutes of smoking up front, or they get "oversmoked" tasting really. We're not talking about some thick hunk of meat you'll be slicing crosswise later. If the meat is cooked, it simply doesn't absorb as much smoke as raw. So, with chicken wings, you can cook them, and add the smoke at the end.

Also, if the chicken was never frozen first, the marrow does pinken/redden up the flesh near the joints, and it's not the same thing as undone.
>>
>>7399887

Use more fuel.

Insulate your smoke box.

Finish in the oven at a higher temp.
>>
>>7399915
I used the smokebox
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.