[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kitchen Hazing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1434744018860.jpg (398 KB, 1456x1076) Image search: [Google]
1434744018860.jpg
398 KB, 1456x1076
https://youtu.be/-vyZl7hH7Eo

Tell us your kitchen hazing stories and other restaurant pranks
>bucket of steam
>left handed chicken stretcher
>>
>>7399708
we once told a guy to shave his wrists because the hair on his wrists would be hell while he prepped vegetables. retard walked around with shaved wrists for like 2 months.
>>
>>7399724

my dad shaves his wrists and ankles for some reason involving a wetsuit
>>
File: 1423459025834.png (287 KB, 467x571) Image search: [Google]
1423459025834.png
287 KB, 467x571
>>7399708
Someone posted this on /ck/ a while ago, thought it was a good way to haze the new guy

>>7399724
Fucking lol
>>
>>7399853
I don't get it. What's the joke?
>>
>>7399708
>>bucket of steam
>>left handed chicken stretcher
I've heard stories about stuff like that from just about every profession there is but I never really believed anyone is stupid enough to fall for it.
You don't have to go to culinary school to know "bucket of steam" is some bullshit they made up to mess with the new guy.
>>
I work in a pizza place. The second or third time it gets busy with a new kid in the kitchen, one if us will mess up stretching out a dough ball and ask him to hurry and get the dough repair kit from the walk-in. They always fall for it.
>>
File: 1130.gif (49 KB, 300x308) Image search: [Google]
1130.gif
49 KB, 300x308
>>7400377
I work in a cafe and juice bar. One of the juice girls fell for left handed spatula, we sent her next door to borrow one and they fell for it too. Looked for one, couldn't find it, came over and apologized for not being able to help.
>>
>>7400600
>>7400600
> and they fell for it too
No. They weren't in a situation where they'd rush to find a spatula without thinking.
But they played along.

Some interns visit the whole company like that, being sent from department to department looking for a left-handed stapler or something.
>>
>>7399708
Not kitchen related but I have asked guys to go the copper magnet and not come back until they have found it
>>
>>7400518
>dough repair kit
I'd probably fall for that too but kek
>>
>>7400369

Theres no joke, that guy put someones knife and steel in a hotel pan and froze it. Sick move.

>>7399708

I once sent some idiot out for a banana peeler, he went to 3 different restaurants to find one and came back appologizing.

The restaurant I used to work next too sent the hostess over with slices of cheddar and a hole punch and asked if we can make swiss cheese for them, I sent her back saying that she brought over the wrong hole puncher.
>>
>>7399708
when a ticket came back that specified light on X we would tell the new guy that meant they wanted to fat free X;

>waldorf salad, guy sent to get fat free walnuts
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.