[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone tried this shit? I saw it being used on all star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Has anyone tried this shit?
I saw it being used on all star academy and the way they were talking about it made it feel like sponsored content and it probably was.

But I live in Sydney and the Sydney Fish Market is close and they sell it there (frozen and vacuum packed), reasonably affordable for what it is.
>The wagyu of fish the wagyu of fish the wagyu of fish did we mention it's the wagyu of fish
Literally what I keep hearing. Its sustainable, wild caught and apparently like -no other fish(!)-.
It all feels very memey. I haven't been to America in a while but I can imagine bearded "foodies" going to their whole foods and buying it for the pretentious little luncheons and not something. Something you buy for prestige and not because it's a good ingredient like mahi mahi, sword fish, salmon, trout, pike, flounder etc.

But it feels weird that one company alone produces this fish so a lot of what I read about it feels like marketing spin.
>>
>>7399023
Holy shit I made this post was too long by mistake. I am so sorry, everybody.
>>
>>7399023
What the fuck is it? Penguin?
>>
>>7399023
Never heard of this, however, by the looks of that picture it appears to be low grade, over priced fish sold for the buzzword and the packaging.
>>
>>7399030
It's a fish that lives in only one place in like Antarctica and lives really fucking deep in the ocean.
>>
>>7399037
Totally memeish, just cuz a fish is only found in one place doesnt mean its actually good
>>
>>7399041
Yeah it's very memey but I still wanted to know if it was/is actually tasty.
>>
>>7399045
It's just Chilean sea bass with fancy packaging. Maybe a little higher quality? I doubt it. But Chilean sea bass is delicious though.
>>
>>7399045
What is "reasonably affordable" btw? Ngl im interested in the taste too
>>
>>7399064
Patagonian Toothfish is pretty effing tasty, I agree. My favorite story is when they ordered a case for us by accident where I worked instead of tuna (how? well my coworkers are idiots that's how) but we got to skim some off the case before they returned it. I ate like a king that week; all free.
>>
>>7399045

If you are curious about it and it's available nearby why not just fucking buy some to try?
>>
>>7399065
Idk. Last time I was there I saw it and it seemed like something I could buy.

I bought mahi mahi is $15 a kilogram whole. So for like $30-$50 you'd probably get around a kg of fillets depending in how much guts it has, it's skeletal structure and if you count the wings or not. From a quick google search for glacier 51 FILLETS found it in Australia for $85/kg, which seems reasonable for something that has to be sourced from literally Antarctica. It's still pricey but idk I kinda want it but I know I'm also falling for a meme and I don't want product placement to work.
>>
Fish is kind of gross
>>
>>7399082
>I kinda want it but I know I'm also falling for a meme and I don't want product placement to work.

happens to me way too often.
Being aware you're manipulated apparently doesn't help as much as you'd think.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.