[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's some really tasty sausage i can find in the typical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: sausage.jpg (52 KB, 450x391) Image search: [Google]
sausage.jpg
52 KB, 450x391
what's some really tasty sausage i can find in the typical american grocery store?

i usually just get hillshire farm smoked sausage. i realize i could be probably doing so much better than that.
>>
I buy a fuckton of kielbasa.
You can do almost anything with it, and it's not a bad snack in slices, either.
>>
I never buy big name brand sausage, shit is terrible. In this part of Texas you can get fresh made sausage anywhere, or at worst there are local brands that stores stock, some are pretty great. As far as Hillshire Farms and Johnsonville and big names go, nobody buys it.
>>
>>7398780
Chorizo, it's Italian and better than the rest.
>>
>>7399412
I though it was Argentinian?
>>
>>7398780
Grocery store only has garbage. Go find a good German Butcher.
>>
Harley Davidson makes a pretty good one if you can find it
>>
>>7399682
pretty sure it's Brazilian
>>
>>7400017
It's Congolese you fucking moron.
>>
>>7398780
>what's some really tasty sausage i can find in the typical american grocery store?
Nothing is wrong with Hillshire Farm and the like, but most of their "flavors" taste the same as any garlic kielbasa. Brands you want to buy are pretty regional when it comes to yummy goodness like sausages. You will find some local ethnic butchers make some specialty items, such as lesser known german renditions, some charcuterie places with interesting add-in flavors, things heavily spiced like a tasso, spanish chorizo or lamb merquez. Look for the one brand there in the sausage case that has one item and one item only, and you found the cajun specialty smoked guys. In the fresh sausage area, might find a argentinean or puerto rican cumin heavy links if you're lucky.

Don't be afraid to smoke some mild brand on your own grill with specific wood chips! If you like it in patties and stuffed into vegetables or pastas, homemade sausage is easy to make with just a food processor. And if you can't find fancy stuff, consider making your own mostarda, and other dips.
>>
Leidy's and Gaspar make pretty good stuff if you have them. The store brand Italian sweets and hots in my supermarket are legitimately awesome, they've been the same recipe for 40 years
>>
>>7398780
Don't buy grocery store sausage. It's usually shit.
>>7399118
This, whenever I visit my extended family in Texas I buy a shit ton of Czech sausage.
>>
>>7399118
>As far as Hillshire Farms and Johnsonville and big names go, nobody buys it.
this is truth, they actually make all their money in the russian stock market, not from sales because no one buys it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.