[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally no flavour unless you season the shit out of it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 308x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 308x400

>looks ugly as fuark when undercooked

>can't even fly

Why do people pretend that chicken is better than beef?
>>
Doesn't cause cancer
>>
Chickens can fly, just not very far or very high.
>>
Chicken's not better. It's just a great everyday protein.

I eat steak once a week, and chicken and eggs the rest of the time. Might have some pork with breakfast. If it's the summer, then I'm probably smoking pork shoulders and ribs. In the winter, I'll make a pot of chili with quality beef (no ground beef or beans you heathens).

I can't even imagine eating beef everyday. What would I cook?

Spaghetti? I'd rather have pork sausage. Tacos? I'd rather have carnitas or lengua. Enchiladas? Shredded chicken. Burger? I'd rather have a fried or grilled chicken sandwich. Roast beef sammi? I'll take an italian club with ham and salami.
>>
>>7052301
it causes salmonella tho senpai
>>
>>7052291
here's your (you).
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 3000x1688
>>7052315
thanks desu senpai
>>
>>7052291
>>literally no flavour unless you season the shit out of it
+1 reason to stop smoking then brah.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 876x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 876x493
>>7052309
You seem to be quite the quaint individual.
>>
>>7052324
lol I don't smoke senpai

just face it.

chicken is the inferior meat.
>>
>>7052291
The only chicken that has any flavor by itself is those farm raised organic chickens you murder yourself and cook that day.
One you buy from a grocery store will be bland. But any beef from a grocery store will be just as good as a fresh killed chicken.
>>
>>7052291
Factory farmed chicken is bland as fuck. That's why so many people love it, it's neutral. Same reason chicken stock is used more frequently in soups than even veggie stock.
Thajority of people like their food bland & only want to taste salt for a seasoning. That's why strong flavors like fish aren't nearly as popular as chicken & why so many plebs go to shit shacks like Applebee's & say "mmmm...this is so good I love this restaurant"
>>
chicken fat is better tasting than beef fat
>>
>>7052431
>The majority of people like their food bland

This is sad.
>>
File: bs chicken breast.png (29 KB, 1134x236) Image search: [Google]
bs chicken breast.png
29 KB, 1134x236
>>
>>7052540
It is
Just think of how popular steamed vegetables are
>>
eat a chicken that youve raised yourself without growth hormones and such. they taste much better, and that's not some organi-kek meme. its legitimate
>>
>>7052607
But you have to de-feather them senpai

a lot more labor intensive than just buying a bird
>>
>>7052291
because the only good beef is bison beef
>>
>>7052309
>MUH PROTEIN
>>>/fit/
>>
>>7052647
calm down bertha, I'm sure it's genetics
>>
>>7052647
Boneless skinless chicken breasts have a lot of protein and very little fat, that's why /fit/ likes them

/ck/ would probably buy the whole chicken and use the bones for stock
>>
File: itsybitsyblitzy.gif (2 MB, 482x273) Image search: [Google]
itsybitsyblitzy.gif
2 MB, 482x273
It's easier to raise as a food source.
They reach maturity quickly, their birthrate is high, their grain to meat ratio is better.
>>
>>7052647
calm down skelly
>>
>literally no flavour

Why do people like to say things have no flavor? It's something you hear about iceberg lettuce a lot, "it's got no flavor!!"

The flavor is mild, sure. Old billygoat, THAT'S got a lot of flavor. Compared to that, everything except bleu cheese is mild.

But even water has a flavor. Even dirty air has a flavor. A food? Any food? No flavor? Am I a supertaster or something?
>>
>>7052291
If you can't make chicken taste good then you don't belong on /ck/
>>
>>7052647
In the culinary world, we refer to meat as protein.
>>
>>7052717
same as fags who say rice has no flavor
>>
>>7052740
Naw only hipsters do that
>>
>>7052590
>>7052540
Do you really think so? I came to the assumption people like their food over salted and fatty. A lot of ranch dredged salads and triple pepperoni pizzas where being served I work.
>>
>>7052747
wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>7052712
If everyone ate beef instead of chicken total farm animal suffering would be reduced by like 80%. Beuf is mas ethical vato
>>
File: 1445492887743.gif (659 KB, 250x147) Image search: [Google]
1445492887743.gif
659 KB, 250x147
>>7053225
Morality or Frugality-- you decide!

Bonus round: If chickens produce less green house gas and general environmental hazards as a whole, with cows producing the majority of bad barnyard byproduct, isn't it more ethical for the world to eat more chicken rather than beef? Suffering of the few for so many, justsayin.
>>
>>7052310
That's why you cook it baka
>>
>>7052291

Not at all. If you salt it a bit and roast it evenly, it makes all the difference. Look into a rotisserie or one of them standing roasters.
>>
you ever try catching those mother fuckers? they sure as hell can fly. Sure not like a song bird but they definitely fly and usually right at you and over your head and into a tree just like a turkey. Don't even try to tell me they can't fly. About taken plenty of claws to the eye from those stupid things. Screw you OP
>>
>>7052740
That's fucking stupid though
>>
>>7053649
>he can't catch a chicken
Are you a retard?
>>
>>7052749
>>7053774

The meat is almost always the most expensive item in a dish, and is therefore most often prepped and cooked by the more experienced cooks.

"Protein" is used for a catch-all for that.

You're the ones who sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

>hipsters

Literally what?
>>
File: rstchx1.jpg (618 KB, 1453x1125) Image search: [Google]
rstchx1.jpg
618 KB, 1453x1125
Roasted a freedom ranger. Whoever de-necked the bird did a terrible job, but it's some of the best flavored chicken I've had.
>>
tell me does anyone agree that eating chicken off the bone is the most unappetizing, neanderthalic ways to ingest a meal? over half of it is offal and gets thrown out/spit back onto the plate. chicken is fucking revolting keep that shit away from me.

i told this to a black person and they cocked their head like i was crazy, but ultimately agreed.
>>
>>7052310
there's a cure for salmonella
>>
Buy the Costco rotisserie chicken. People who throw away the best part (the skin) are fags. FAGS, I tells ya.
>>
>>7053962
Carve it or butch it out before cooking if you can't stand working around bone on your plate, but eating meat off the bone is wonderful. Take your time with a knife and fork or get messy, either way is enjoyable.
>>
>>7053962
Yes, it's a bit ... crude, but I absolutely love it. I hate how divorced our perception of food has gotten from the idea that we are killing and eating the carcass of an animal. Now I'll slice up a breaded chicken breast with a knife and fork too, I'm perfectly okay with that, but there's a real, visceral pleasure I get from gnawing meat off the bone. And offal doesn't bother me.

... I also really wanted to eat my cat once while tripping out on some shrooms.
>>
>>7053967
>muh who may may
>>
Maybe you should learn to cook chicken properly first you kek.
>>
>>7053935
how did you get the skin like that?

>>7053962
you sound white as fuck, are you only able to eat boneless skinless meat cut into bite size pieces already?
>>
>>7053962
>over half of it is offal

what
the offal (guts, lungs, liver, heart, et cetera) is normally removed and either sold separately or used for byproduct industry like sausage or dog food or whatever

the only thing on the bone I don't eat is the bone and the cartilage.
>>
>>7052291
You're only mad because white folk can't season it properly bitch boy.
>>
>>7053962
I guarantee nobody agreed with your dumb opinion
>>
>>7053962

>over half of it is offal

no

>and gets thrown out/spit back onto the plate

who cares
>>
Question: whenever I make chicken, like chicken thighs, I find them tough to eat because it seems like there's always a lot of fat or unchewable stuff along with the meat. Is pretty much anything safe to eat aside from the bone? I get nervous when I get to a part of the chicken thats really rubbery and hard to chew
>>
>>7052291
Here:

Cut the bodyparts of the chicken. Don't cook all of it (If you're a faggot dice the breast)
Take off the skin if there is any.

Get a big round and deep pot(I'm Spanish, not born english speaking so I don't reall know how to describe it)

1.- Add half a finger of olive oil on the bottom.

2.- Cook the chicken till it gets some color. Don't fully cook it.

Turn off the fire.

3.- Dice 3-4 onions super small
Cut a tomatoe into 4 pieces

4.- Place the chicken you "slightly cooked" before in the bottom
Drop the onion & the tomatoe.
& add a little bit of oil again not a drip but just enough to make the half a finger from before a full finger.

5.- Cook for half an hour with the casserole covered with medium fire (in a vitro kitchen 40-50%).
(If you like it saucey & don't mind the chicken looking a bit whiter add some broth I don't like it much tho)

6.- Cook for half an hour more with the pot slightly uncovered.

7.- Add a cup of liquor (You decide which, I usually go for conyac) and let it cook for another hour.

(If you feel like you can add some diced mushrooms during this last hour but I personally don't like it)

The thing has been cooking for 2 hours it's almost finished.

If you're in a hurry you can eat it right now. If you're not you'll enjoy it MUCH more if you let it rest for a full day. (Pot covered ofc)

When you're going to eat it reheat at slightly above medium fire.
>>
>>7054330
forgot

7.- After adding the liquor if you like it strong you can fully cover the pot for the full hour
if you don't like it as strong just cover a little bit for half an hour and cover for the rest
>>
>>7054320
Yes, all the parts of the chicken are perfectly safe to consume. Some people understandably dislike the texture though. Personally I tend to rip off a fair amount of the fat from thigh pieces, I just don't really enjoy it.
>>
File: 1365888304743.jpg (32 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
1365888304743.jpg
32 KB, 318x470
>>7054320

dude, do yourself a favor and just watch this..

it'll change your whole perspective on shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfY0lrdXar8
>>
>>7052623
well, we hunt ducks where i come from very often. de-feathering birds is a common occurrence here, so its not a huge deal. or even if you have a local farmers market or the like where they sell naturally raised chickens, thats just as good as doing it yourself. an easy way to tell if a bird has been forcibly grown is by feeling the breastbone of the chicken. the amount of cartilage is akin to the age of the chicken, and a very large chicken that has lots of cartilage is a good sign your bird has been fed steroids.
>>
>>7053225
the more beef we raise, the faster we heighten the temperature of the earth. methane is a bitch to the atmosphere.
>>
>>7054454
Bull shit.

Stop spreading this bullshit propaganda and go back to sucking Al Gore's cock.
>>
>>7053225
This is patently untrue. Plenty of cows live terrible lives. And unlike chickens cows are a much bigger strain on the environment, half the reason Brazil keeps cutting down rain forests is to make room for more cattle. Their waste, water, and land requirements are much higher.
>>
>>7052291

If you have any liver diseases then you should avoid red meat.
>>
File: chicken_thing.jpg (139 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
chicken_thing.jpg
139 KB, 1080x1776
>>7052309
Pretty much this, it's a good staple food. Not as good as steak by a long shot, but you can eat it several times a week. It basically just provides texture and nutritional value.. you have to add your own flavour.

It also microwaves decently, so it makes a good lunch to bring to work the next day, unlike steak which turns to shoe leather if you try to reheat it.
>>
>>7052291
Beef can fly?
>>
>>7054097
>how did you get the skin like that?

By roasting it evenly. When that happens, the skin gets a bit crispy, but the meat inside stays tender.
>>
>>7052431
>The majority of white people like their food bland & only want to taste salt for a seasoning.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>7054782
Yes, sorry.
Blacks want everything deep fried & greasy
Asians want everything loaded with sodium
Europeans want it all loaded with butter
>>
>>7052310
You should cook your food, baka senpai desu
>>
>>7053935

I would eat the fuck out of that. Good job.
>>
I can get 8 chicken thighs for less than 3 dollars and have dinner for 4 days if I'm alone.

Checkmate Atheists.
>>
>>7054370
Different anon, but holy shit that was zen.
>>
1. bone it
2. brine it
3. grill it

that is some good chicken son
>>
>>7054097
Preheat oven to 475. Rinsed chicken. Patted it dry. It's a bit of a pain, but it really does wonders for it if you get it all as dry as possible. Trussed it. Seasoned it with salt and pepper, cavity included. Warmed a pan with a small amount of oil on the stove top, enough so that chicken sizzles gently when placed into the pan (it helps the chicken to release from the pan later on). Put it in the oven, reduced heat to 380 once browning began. Once the internal temp got to 130, basted with pan juices about every 5 minutes. At about 150 (probably a little higher temp, I didn't measure), dusted with fine chopped lemon zest and rosemary, kept basting. At 155, some more zest and rosemary. Pulled out of oven at about 160 to rest. Overall, about 80 minutes, give or take 20 minutes depending on how fast you baste and oven and whatnot, for a 4-5 pound bird.
>>
>>7054330
What is this a recipe for?
Why is everything measured in 'fingers'?
Why are you putting cognac in everything?

You need to let God into your life to save you from the ravages of alcoholism, friend
>>
>>7054930
>2. brine it
this is what shitters think makes a good cook
>>
>>7055877
dubs confirm
>>
>>7052726
rational thinking buddy
you won't find any of it here
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.