[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COMMENCE ARGUING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4096x2730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4096x2730
COMMENCE ARGUING
>>
see >>7396615
and delete this you autismal fuck
>>
I like them both but B&Js has better flavor selection.

That said I just buy which one is on sale, don't really care that much.
>>
Ice cream tastes good, therefore it is for fat people and children and no self-respecting, fedora-wearing patrician adult would ever be caught dead eating it.
>>
Cuck & Jewrry's or Übermensch Häagen-Dazs.
not exactly a difficult choice
>>
Yuck ice cream. Why do you eat this stuff?
>>
>>7398148
Attempt to make cookies with them.
Best cookie wins, simple.
>>
>>7399823
this.
>>
>>7399820

this desu. I can;t even remember the last time I ate iced cream. at least five years and that was sorbet not this junk.
>>
I am normally strongly against gimmick flavors on ice cream, but I had the New Belgium beer flavored one from B&J and it was the best ice cream I've ever had, so I gotta give it to them just for that one.
>>
I really wanted to try those wood flavours that were around a couple of years ago but I'm not really in the right part of the world for them.

I don't eat a lot of ice cream and tend to stick to the less in-your-face flavours so Ben and Jerrys and their ilk are pretty uninteresting to me.
>>
>>7399848
>Iced Cream.

You're old as hell ain't you.
>>
I don't like chunks and shit in my ice cream, so HD for me. If B&J can make one without that stuff, though, I'd prefer B&J.
>>
Häagen-Dazs is less sweet so I eat it for my main meal, followed by Ben and Jerry's for dessert.
>>
File: cookiedoughcc_1_2.jpg (112 KB, 966x772) Image search: [Google]
cookiedoughcc_1_2.jpg
112 KB, 966x772
Fuck y'all
>>
>>7399977
This guy knows what's up

Too bad it's regional
>>
>>7398148

Ben and Jerrys beats HD easily.

But Graeters and Talenti beats them both.
>>
>>7398965
Are you one of those dumbasses that thinks Haagen-Dazs is German?
>>
>>7400033
Talenti isn't even ice cream, its gelato.

Also gelato is Italy mess, not 'MURICA! FUCK YEA!!
>>
>>7398148
expensive crap
>>
>>7400411
>he thinks gelato is some product differing entirely from ice cream!!!
lolmericans
It's literally just the word for ice cream. It's not some special, magical creation made in some mystical way by greasier members of the Illuminati and Masons.

It's just ice cream made Italian style, like how in the US, there's Philadelphia-style ice cream (just cream, sugar and flavouring; the cream is at least 20% fat) and French-style ice cream (based on egg-custard/crème anglais).
Italian-style uses 5% milkfat either by using high fat milk (called "breakfast milk" in parts of the US and Canada where it's actually available for purchase and "Channel Island milk" in the UK and Ireland) or mixing skimmed milk (0% fat) and half-and-half (11% fat) to achieve a similar result.
>>
>>7398148
Movenpick.
>>
>>7398148
So it's actually pretty hilarious living in Boulder
because there is a Ben and Jerrys right across the street from a Haagen Das. The Haagen Das shares a place with a sub thing but it's still dank af.

Fucking ice cream wars.
>>
Hagendaas makes these Jam Blended varieties that are so fucking good it pains me. they take some artisan Jam shit from some New York company and blend it with Vanilla Bean. I crie everytime.
>>
>>7399927
What brand would you recommend for the appetizer? And the amuse?
>>
>>7400622
>Fucking ice cream wars.

Ayy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Ice_Cream_Wars
>>
Kemps frozen yogurt anyone?
>>
>>7400828
I'd rather their artificial crab.
>>
>>7400817
kek. That's fucking ebin
>>
File: 1417503762662.jpg (91 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1417503762662.jpg
91 KB, 500x628
>>7398148
i'm sure they're both fine. i'd probably buy whichever one is cheaper.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2750x1666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2750x1666
Haagen Dazs shits all over Benjamin Goys
>>
>>7401066
Enjoy your shit taste Shitten Dazs
>>
File: cherry-garcia-detail.png (66 KB, 374x479) Image search: [Google]
cherry-garcia-detail.png
66 KB, 374x479
Why is Cherry Garcia consistently rated the best, most popular ben and jerry's flavor?

It's not even that great.
>>
>>7401086
Guar gum salesman pls go
>>
>>7401088
>Why is Cherry Garcia consistently rated the best, most popular ben and jerry's flavor?
I agree. It's got cherries, but ehh, it's not their best. I'd put at least 3 ahead of it.
>>
>>7398965
>Haagen-dazs
They are from New Jersey

>Ben and Jerry's
They are from Vermont so they are obvious cucks.
>>
>>7401066
The Haagen-Dazs is clearly just a coffee ice cream, whereas the Ben and Jerry's is some sort of peanut concoction. Why don't you post two similar ice creams side-by-side instead of comparing apples to oranges?
>>
>>7401088
Its GOAT. I'm a sucker for cherry ice cream though.
>>
File: 1435100497323.jpg (38 KB, 361x354) Image search: [Google]
1435100497323.jpg
38 KB, 361x354
>>7400828
>Kemps

Jesus dude.
>>
>>7401140
>Ben and Jerry's Vanilla:
>Cream, skim milk, liquid sugar (sugar, water), water, egg yolks, sugar, guar gum, vanilla extract, vanilla beans, carrageenan

>Haagen-Dazs Vanilla:
>Cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract

enjoy that dere water and fairtrade thickeners lol
>>
>>7401161
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>7399977
Master race ice cream. Hands down beats the shit out of BJ'S and HD.

>>7400022
Not true. It's all over the US now if you know where to look.
http://www.graeters.com/where-to-find-us#/map
>>
File: screencapture-www-.png (2 MB, 2936x1164) Image search: [Google]
screencapture-www-.png
2 MB, 2936x1164
>>7401180
pwned
>>
>>7401422
t. gum aficionado
>>
>>7401699
You reveal yourself as an ice cream novice. Graeters has long been recognized as possibly the greatest ice cream in the world. Do yourself a favor and buy a pint, especially one with chocolate chips in it.
>>
>>7401699
>>7401699
I've had a few ice creams better than Graeter's, but not many. And every one that was, from three star restaurants. You don't get better ice cream at a grocery store. Not even close.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeter%27s
>>
>>7401720
You reveal yourself as a dumb nigger. Do yourself a favor and stop buying ice cream with chunks of out-of-place textures mixed into it.
>>
File: three-twins-ice-cream.jpg (189 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
three-twins-ice-cream.jpg
189 KB, 500x305
>>7398148
plebs, the lot of you. step aside for GOAT
>>
>>7401088
Is this a joke? When I worked at my university's general store we always had an excess of cherry garcia. People would clear the freezer section of every flavor that wasn't cherry garcia and banana split, and complain when we didn't restock the other flavors, despite being told not to until the garcia was gone.

It got to the point where people would buy and dump the garcia just to get us to restock, but to their dismay we still had another two dozen packs of cherry garcia in the storeroom.
>>
>>7401856
Why did the retards at your store keep ordering cherry garcia if no one wanted to buy it? That just sounds like poor inventory management.
>>
>>7401818
I bought these at BJs and I have to assume the scoop shop stuff is better cause the flavors I had were the consistency of a really shitty cookie dough batter
>>
>>7401801
You're literally a faggot if you think something like Haagen Daaz holds a candle to Graeter's. Honestly, just go buy a pint. You'll change your mind.
>>
>>7401818
Garbage.
>>
>>7401906
No, it sounds like a story made up by a fourteen year old who doesn't understand how the real world works but wants to feel included in the conversation somehow.
>>
>>7401985
>if you think something like Haagen Daaz holds a candle to Graeter's
those thickeners and gums give ice cream a weird texture. i dunno why you're fighting for this brand so hard, it's a little weird.
>>
>>7402279
It's weird to bad mouth a world famous ice cream you haven't even tried yet.
>>
Cookie dough ice cream is for 12 year olds and manchilds. Shits a memefood just like nutella
>>
>>7403490
Next your going to tell us than anyone who doesn't eat 100% antibiotic free hand raised organic hipster food is 12 years old or a manchild, right?
>>
>>7403682
Yesh
>>
>>7402279
there are only two reasons to use carrageenan/guar gum/whatever thickeners:
1) to save money on expensive ingredients (e.g. cream) and still have a similar texture/mouthfeel to more expensive ice cream
2) to generally improve the texture/mouthfeel

clearly super-premium brands like haagen daaz, graeter's, and (to a lesser extent) ben&jerries don't have the cost concerns involved in point #1. ergo, if you see those ingredients in said brands, you can probably assume they are being used because they produce a better mouthfeel / texture than without.

obviously you will see cheap brands use them to cover for their shit quality ingredients, but that isn't the case here.
>>
>>7398148
kek
I see you have a shit fettish.
Oh, wait, do you get payed to shit on this board?
>>
>>7398148
I'm a vegan so both are kinda shit IMHO
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 539x960
>>7398148
I eat two of em daily.
t. Burgerlander
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.