[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I decided to give up meat for at least a month, just to see what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ya5tvfW.jpg (228 KB, 1280x906) Image search: [Google]
ya5tvfW.jpg
228 KB, 1280x906
I decided to give up meat for at least a month, just to see what it's like.

Temporarily vegetarian, or some version of it. I will still be eating cheese, and protein powder, no eggs just because I overdid them for a while.

What are you favorite vegetarian recipes?
>>
>>7397825

Doritos.
>>
>>7397830
Sweet, thanks.
>>
>>7397830
/thread
>>
baked stuffed squash, summer or winter
>>
>>7397830
wait a sec
hol up
what if
you added refried beans, chilli, salsa, guac, saur creme and cheese
>>
>>7398426
Yes.
>>
grilled vegetarians
>>
I'm going pescatarian because the spring weather is inspiring me (it's been 70-80 degrees here).

I had a pretty good curried tempeh cheddar melt with spinach for lunch, and I love anything with fried tofu in it, especially pad sieu. Mapo tofu and Buddha's Delight are fantastic if you want to try your hand at Chinese food. Mushrooms are also great, especially in quiches, but I guess that's off-limits.
>>
water
>>
Are there people who still believe in the wholegrains meme?
>>
>>7399567
That wholegrains are bad? Personally no, but i'm sure plenty of cucks do.

>>7397825
OP, find out what vegetables are in season in your region and experiment with cooking them in different ways: Frying, grilling and baking are my favourite ways although steaming and then tossing in butter and herbs is great for some veg.

As far as protein, beans peas, pulses and legumes and mushrooms are all good sources, and seeds and nuts are a good source of fats.

Can't beat a good steak now and then though, don't deny yourself that.
>>
>>7399525
Are you even speaking English?
>>
I use fake/replacement meat if you will in my dishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0EoN0VjmQ
>>
>>7399620
>it would be better with more seasoning
>eating faux ground beef straight out of the bag
She seems nice, at least.
>>
File: diet_042005[1].gif (66 KB, 860x504) Image search: [Google]
diet_042005[1].gif
66 KB, 860x504
>>7397825

you have that pyramid all wrong,

this is the NEW food pyramid

(notice how there is no reason at all for it to be a pyramid)

((the world is fucked))
>>
>>7399647
>Go easy on juices
This is only true if the fibre of the fruit isn't present, if it's done with a blender of sorts then it's a super easy way to get your serves of fruit and veg if you're in a hurry.
>>
>>7399650

Yeah, but for most people juice means the stuff you get from a carton or bottle at the store, which are basically sugar water.
>>
>>7399647
>that tiny sliver of oil
>fat-free dairy
>lean meat
>still riding the low-fat train from the 80s
These are just getting stupider by the day
>>
>>7399647

Oz and cups together, holy shit Americans are retarded
>>
chickpeas
i would eat nothing but chicpeas if i could
>>
>>7397825
I haven't eaten meat in like, two months.
Not by choice, mind you. No job+budget=no expensive stuff, expensive stuff being meat and fruit
It's tolerable. But the fruit is killing me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.