[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best ice cream brand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (849 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
849 KB, 300x300
What's the best ice cream brand?
>>
>not making your own
>>
I prefer ice cream with all the additives that make it creamy and less melty and watery, if you know what I mean. I can't stand all natural ice cream that melts into a gross ice cream soup before you even get a chance to eat it.
>>
Pistachio Nut
>>
>>7397336
>Haha! Being an inept fat waste of space is soo fanny u guise!!

You need a nice dose of death.
>>
File: PLOMBIR_Original_01.jpg (48 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
PLOMBIR_Original_01.jpg
48 KB, 500x400
Plombir

It's Russian and the only ice cream I know of that isn't ruined by all those fucking additives to make it "extra creamy".

This actually tastes and feels like the good old milky ice cream I know from my childhood and it will melt properly instead of becoming some weird goo.

In Germany, it's imported by a company called Dovgan that specializes in selling international food. They sell awesome Chinese stuff as well.
>>
File: MintCC.jpg (21 KB, 300x239) Image search: [Google]
MintCC.jpg
21 KB, 300x239
>>7397300
Definitely not breyers

Pic related is the only good thing to come out of ohio. I also like haagen dazs green tea ice cream and Ben & Jerry's strawberry cheese cake.
>>
>>7397300
Mcconnels or gelato fiasco
>>
File: 1455957841373.jpg (50 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
1455957841373.jpg
50 KB, 599x450
>>
>>7397479
>the final ice cream
>>
>>7397300
In the average American supermarket, only Haagen-dazs and Ben and Jerry are worth purchasing.

There are a ton of local ice cream shops that make their own ice cream that are better than those two though. Some use real cream instead of milk, which changes the whole equation.
>>
>>7397300
Half the Breyers flavors can't even legally call themselves Ice Cream anymore
>>
>>7397361
Kill yourself
>>
File: CherryGarcia.jpg (106 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
CherryGarcia.jpg
106 KB, 1000x750
>>7397300
>>
>>7397336
It's called proper freezer temperature, look into it.
>>
What's wrong with the OP Breyer's? There was one of those tubs in our freezer last month and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary on the ingredient list and it didn't say FROZEN DAIRY DESSERT
>>
haagen dazs
>>
Aldi's Specially Selected Chocolate or Vanilla, they're super custardy, no gums or fillers, and like $4 a half gallon.
>>
File: Talenti-flavors.jpg (59 KB, 610x239) Image search: [Google]
Talenti-flavors.jpg
59 KB, 610x239
Talenti hands down if you're not poor.
>>
blue bell

listeria YUM
>>
>>7397821
i once ate an entire pint and a half of the caramel cookie crunch while fucked up. It was amazing but I haven't let myself buy ice cream since
>>
>>7397821
This is some good shit. I also like Snoqualmie, though I think that's more a local brand.
>>
https://youtu.be/4WwZfJEwHr4
>>
>>7397300
any brand that makes licorice\salmiak or espresso ice cream is the best.

all other ice creams are shit.
>>
File: logo.png (6 KB, 149x147) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
6 KB, 149x147
I really want to try this brand, but it's only sold on the east coast and I don't think shipping ice cream to the desert is a good idea. Has any one tried it? Is it good?
>>
>>7397821
> if you're not poor
Hey they go on sale sometimes.
I liked the cherry one but wasn't a fan of the Belgium milk chocolate.

The containers are great though.
>>
File: 2454[1].png (156 KB, 380x435) Image search: [Google]
2454[1].png
156 KB, 380x435
>Ingredients: Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Chocolate, Cocoa Processed With Alkali. Peanut Butter Swirl: Peanuts, Peanut Oil, Sugar, Salt.

>vanilla ingredients: cream, milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar

haagen-dazs is actually creamy and doesn't have any starchy thickeners added. sometimes companies will skip on the cream and add a starch to thicken it as a way to save money, but this ruins the creamy texture and makes it feel thin and gritty.

ice cream shouldn't have much more than cream, milk, sugar, and egg except for some flavorings. and ice cream with anything crunchy in it is bad too, and usually done to cover up the poor texture.
>>
File: image.png (86 KB, 316x430) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86 KB, 316x430
This. Udderly chocolate is the best flavor and super good in waffle cones
>>
>>7397300
Breyers used to be the best supermarket ice cream. Not any more, though, they've done something to it that changed the texture.
>>
>>7397545
True. "Frozen dessert" bullshit.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.