[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WCG - Weekend Cooking General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: wcg.jpg (488 KB, 800x631) Image search: [Google]
wcg.jpg
488 KB, 800x631
It's the weekend again, /ck/. No having to worry about work for another two days and finally some time to focus on the culinary arts. What will you all be making this weekend? What do you plan to make in the coming days? What's for dinner tonight?! I'm going to be making a simple shepherd's pie tonight with a goat's milk ricotta and white cheddar potato crust. Alternatively, I've been considering a twice baked potato shepherd's pie where you hollow out a russet, fill it with the lamb and vegetable mixture and then top it with the potato crust. I'll mull it over for a few hours and make a decision before I go shopping.

What's on your menu?
>>
>>7397146
I'm about to make a frozen pizza since I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking anything too involved today. I'll probably make something decent tomorrow though. Not sure what yet, I need to go dig through the freezer and see what I have.
>>
>>7397146

Shakshuka tonight, considering adding a pound of ground lamb to the tomatoes and peppers
>>
>>7397183

can't go wrong with lamb, the subtle gamey flavor adds an entirely different profile to any dish

post pics when done, I'd like to see it
>>
japanese curry with the extra spicy golden curry cubes, putting in some cubed beef, potatoes, daikon, carrots and onions.
>>
Last night I made chicken noodle soup for my s/o who wasn't feeling well. I've got some cinnamon buns waiting for the oven now, and some pork tenderloin marinating in the fridge for this evening. No plans for tomorrow, my s/o's mother wanted to cook. Otherwise it'd probably be lasagna.
>>
Tonight I will be smoking char siu pork belly and ribs, for dessert there will be raspberry hand pies.

Anyone got any ideas for sides?
>>
>>7397240
Actually the ribs have transformed into brisket.
>>
File: IMG_2183.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2183.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Welp had my first attempt at a Shepherd's Pie tonight.

Lessons learned: Add carrots and onions in at the same time you're cooking your lamb otherwise they overcook and loose out on flavor.

Otherwise, a pretty successful night. Came out tasting great.
>>
>>7398831
Could be improved by spiking the top more with a fork to give more spikes/texture, then brushing with egg yolk.
>>
>>7398843

FUCK! I entirely forgot about adding egg yolk to the potatoes... Well shit... I'm gonna have to make this again next weekend now. I would have forked it more too but I didn't let the inner mixture cool enough so it was hard to apply the potato crust on the top. If I forked it anymore it would have broke through and made a mess.
>>
>>7398849
>I entirely forgot about adding egg yolk to the potatoes
Not a biggie, the egg doesn't really add much flavour wise and if you were happy with it then it's a success. I only suggested it because the edges were a bit brown and I thought you might have been waiting for it to crisp up. Chewy edges/spikes are the best.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.