[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like your pasta sauce chunky or smooth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Do you like your pasta sauce chunky or smooth?
>>
>pre-made pasta sauce

s m h
>>
>>7396593
>not keeping a bottle around for emergencies

Sometimes I don't have time to do everything from scratch.
>>
>>7396595
>not bottling your own

seriously what the fuck are you doing that's so important you can't spare an extra 5 minutes to make some decent sauce
>>
>>7396595
just make double the sauce and freeze
>>
>>7396599
Sure you can a day to make a ton of sauce but cleaning/steaming the bottles, making sure they have a decent seal on it so it won't spoil, is a pain in the ass.

>>7396600
>freeze
Small freezer, not an option. Unless I throw out the frozen beef/fish stock.
>>
All i eat is classico roasted garlic

Fuck literally every other canned sauce in existence
>>
>>7396593
>>7396599

What's some good recipes for pasta sauce?
>>
>>7396590
Depends on the type of pasta. It comes in different shapes and textures for a reason.
>>
>>7396595
but anon it takes all of five minutes
>>
>>7396619
>cleaning/steaming the bottles
Use a dishwasher. Problem solved.
>>
>>7396628
easy mode

sautee some onion and garlic in a bit of oil along with dry spices like oregano, thyme, hot pepper flakes, whatever you like

dump a can of tomatoes and tomato paste.. i use romas from my garden i can myself but decent store bought stuff works too.. san marzanos are good.. bay leaf

simmer for .5 - 1 hr

if you want it smooth then blend it

otherwise enjoy
>>
>>7396640
>but anon it takes all of five minutes
Is this a joke? The prep time alone on the tomatoes, onions, garlic and other vegetables you may or may not want to add will probably take more than 5 minutes. Making the sauce will take even longer.

>>7396642
That's not going to work, trust me I have some experience with this. You need to prep the bottles in a specific way if you want them to seal properly otherwise it's not even worth the effort.
>>
>>7396655
>You need to prep the bottles in a specific way if you want them to seal properly otherwise it's not even worth the effort

no, you don't

you're doing something else wrong
>>
File: godfathersugar.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
godfathersugar.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Add a little bit of wine, and a little bit of sugar, and that's my trick.
>>
>>7396661
I am now convinced you have never done something like this, ever.

Enjoy your moldy preserves.
>>
>>7396668
i pressure can, so it's irrelevant

but for waterbath canning the dishwasher sterilizing cycle is absolutely adequate

if your jars don't seal .. that is not the reason
>>
Smooth. Chunky bits of onion/tomato/pepper etc. makes me gag.
>>
>>7396737
>solid foods make me gag
Congratulations, you are officially a baby.
>>
File: truth.png (892 KB, 1144x690) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
892 KB, 1144x690
>>7396666
>>
>>7396742

retard
>>
>>7396764
Oh, you're literally a 13-year-old. That explains it.
>>
>>7396650
What is the difference between store bought jar sauce, and store bought tomatoes plus dried spices?
>>
>>7396593
>i'm a foodNEET whose time is worthless
>>
>>7397948
autism and foodNEETism
>>
I prefer chunky bits and meaty sauce.
>>
>>7397948
You tend to buy the best stuff, you control the quality of every single ingredient, regardless of profit. Companies will always try to reach a compromise between quality and cost, you don't have to.

The idea is you buy fresh ingredients when they're in season and make a bunch of sauce to last you through the off season.

>>7398005
>>7398009
Shut up faggot.
>>
>>7398040
triggered
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.