[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can one be a good cook if they don't like staples? I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1384970677546.jpg (40 KB, 418x354) Image search: [Google]
1384970677546.jpg
40 KB, 418x354
Can one be a good cook if they don't like staples?
I mean people that go like:
>I don't like olives
>I don't like tomatos
>I don't like tempura
>I don't like fried ___
>I don't like blue cheese
>I don't like whiskey

Literally why live?
>>
Depends on what you mean by "fried". If that's anything that's been fried, then no, you won't be a good cook. If you only mean deep fat frying, then that's normal.
>>
But olives are objectively terrible. Only very few people like them (or pretend to like them, fucking hipsters)
>>
>Can one be a good cook if they don't like X?

Of course, but it's rare. A better question is to ask why people don't like X and why so many chefs like everything. The reason is the same as has been shown in every study: taste is subjective and mostly about availability. The more you eat something, the more you come to enjoy it, with only the rarest of exceptions.

Chefs past a certain level understand that different people have different tastes and that all they can do is make good food to the best of their ability.

People like >>7396523 who do mental gymnastics to say that something is bad just because they don't eat it regularly and therefore don't enjoy it will always exist, c'est la vie.
>>
Blue cheese is fucking nasty and I don't drink. Other than that I like all of those, and I consider myself a decent cook.
>>
File: AHH_AHH_AHH_AHH.webm (927 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AHH_AHH_AHH_AHH.webm
927 KB, 1280x720
>ITT: manchildren
>>
>>7396502
>Can one be a good cook if they don't like staples?
>I mean people that go like:
>>I don't like olives
>>I don't like tomatos
>>I don't like tempura
>>I don't like fried ___
>>I don't like blue cheese
>>I don't like whiskey
>Literally why live?
I only drink single malt, not wasting that shit for cooking
>>
File: lel.png (162 KB, 780x720) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
162 KB, 780x720
>>7396565
>posts youtube "celebrities"
>calls other people manchildren
>>
>>7396574
>posts anime
>>
>>7396523
yes, even the spaniards and greeks are hipsters
>>
So it's not really a staple, but I don't like cantaloupe. Even so, I've still learned how to tell a good ripe cantaloupe from an underripe or overripe one, and can use it when I have to.

You can be a good cook and not like certain foods, you just have to be capable of setting your own preferences aside.
>>
>>7396522
>it's normal to dislike deep fried foods

wew lad
>>
>>7396502
I wouldn't consider olives, tempura, fried anything, blue cheese or whiskey to be "staples"
>>
>>7396502
I can only imagine how disappointing it is for you that nobody is making a big deal about how none of those are staples. Maybe you were too subtle.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.