[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do with chicken liver that's not liver and onions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Chicken_-_melbourne_show_2005.jpg (651 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Chicken_-_melbourne_show_2005.jpg
651 KB, 1600x1067
What can I do with chicken liver that's not liver and onions?
>>
>>7396413
Pate?
>>
File: chickenchickens[1].jpg (102 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
chickenchickens[1].jpg
102 KB, 450x450
>>7396413
Have you not had deep-fried chicken livers?
>>
>>7396487
>Have you not had deep-fried chicken livers?
This is the way to do it! Clean up a little of the gristle with sharp knife, separating lobes. Soak in a little buttermilk with hot sauce first, then dredge in seasoned flour, maybe with a little fine cornmeal added, either/or. Fry in a cast iron in about an inch of oil, turning once. Rich, and screams out for an ice cold dark beer, and some comfort sides, Southern style.

My favorite thing to do with it, though is "chopped liver" spread, jewish deli style. For this, you do need a couple Tbsps of rendered chicken fat, no other oil will do. Sweat a couple of onions in the fat, sweet or spanish onion, no browning. Remove from pan, and set aside. Rough chop livers, and saute til mostly cooked through but not alot of color. Add reserved onions and liver, as cooked, to food processor. Add one hard boiled egg, sea salt, and another Tbsp of the fat, and pulse until creamy (or rustic to hand chop).
^^ This is the basic recipe. You may add in herbs of your choice such as thyme, parsley and bay or stock when sauteeing, duck fat, double the onions.
Serve with toasted rye, or pumpernickel rye.
>>
>>7396413
Pate, dude.
>>
>>7396417
>>7396519

second this

jew style is best
>>
>>7396519
thirding this
>>
>>7396413
You could leave it inside the chicken and give it pets and corn.

Carnist Scum.
>>
>>7396413
Batali's chicken liver sauce with pappardelle.

http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/pappardelle-with-chicken-livers-tuscan-farmer-style/134068
>>
File: chopped_liver.jpg (38 KB, 362x290) Image search: [Google]
chopped_liver.jpg
38 KB, 362x290
>>7396534

get some smaltz for authentic but I use butter
>>
Dirty Rice
>>
>>7397671
6/10 b8
>>
File: Brasil-Chicken_Livers-w-Onions.jpg (359 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Brasil-Chicken_Livers-w-Onions.jpg
359 KB, 1600x1200
>>7396413
Skewer them and grill them with onions Brasilian style.
>>
>>7398146
that is literally liver and onions
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.