[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /ck/ lets talk about steaks! What's your preferred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: T-Bone-Steak[1].jpg (563 KB, 947x507) Image search: [Google]
T-Bone-Steak[1].jpg
563 KB, 947x507
Alright /ck/ lets talk about steaks!
What's your preferred method of seasoning and cooking?
I normally do a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper then quick sear in the skillet then it goes in the oven preheated to 500 degrees for 5 minutes. Makes a perfect medium rare steak for me every time.
What are some other techniques? I can never seem to get a steak properly cooked if it's only done on skillet/grill and no oven action.
>>
File: 20150906_172030 (1).jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150906_172030 (1).jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>7394004
My preferred method
>steak near room temp
>salt and pepper
>screaming hot charcoal grill
>medium rare
Pic related
>>
>>7394004
Teriyaki marinade
no salt or pep
girl it

wayyyyy better than shitty salt steaks
>>
>watch brother make steaks
>takes steaks out of fridge
>immediately puts them on a propane grill
>propane
>cuts each one to make sure they're done
>leaves them on a little longer "just to make sure"

I was screaming internally the entire time
>>
>>7394004

Salt, pepper, garlic powder.

Stupid ass hot charcoal grill with a chunk of mesquite in it smoking away. Sear the shit out of it over the coals, then allow it to finish away from the coals.

Remove from heat to rest at 130 deg.
>>
>>7394004

>500 degrees

jesus that's unnecessary
>>
>>7394004
i have the same method, sometimes i marinate the steak in advance but that's only for like "ethnic" foods
>>7394047
that looks more like medium or medium well than medium rare. either way that's pretty much "rawness" i go for
>>
>>7394118
shit, correction to this. my oven is more like 175 or something, in fahrenheit around dunno, 340?
>>
>>7394004

on the grill, seasoned with salt and pepper, medium rare, rubbed with butter or garlic butter as soon as it comes off the grill, rest for 10 minutes.

personally i prefer a leaner cut like porterhouse or new york strip. not big on marbled meat.
>>
Does anyone ever do reverse searing? Or is that just a serious reddit meme.
>>
My favorite is ribeye, sealed in a bag with rosemary and thyme and cooked sous vide for 45min. Then seasoned with salt and pepper and seared on a piping hot pan with butter and garlic. Preferably served with some asparagus and maybe something like mashed sweet potatoes.
>>
Depends on the steak, a nice ribeye, salt and pepper.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.