[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you crazy about condiments and dipping sauces like I am?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: iPhoneUpload_rdq3fq3qo2.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_rdq3fq3qo2.jpg
275 KB, 1600x1200
Are you crazy about condiments and dipping sauces like I am?

I can't get enough. If I get fries or chicken strips, I have to have like 4-5 sauces alongside for dipping.
>>
>>7393932
No. If the food requires condiments to make it taste good it wasn't seasoned correctly in the first place. As far as dipping sauces go I find I rarely eat foods that require them.
>>
>>7393932
I like to put mustard on my fries
>>
>>7393932
you do your condiments yourself? im looking into making pork chops with sweet potato fries and sweet sour bell pepper, so i really need something salty going on with the fries to balance out the flavor. any good suggestion on a mayonnaise?
>>
>>7393945
I kind of agree with this post but there ain't nothing wrong with a little dipping sauce.

My step grandpa is an old scottish guy and he always talks shit about indian food (meat dishes) saying that good meat doesn't need any sauce.

On the other end of the spectrum (and on the spectrum) a guy I went to school with would refuse to have ketchup or hot sauce with his fucking freezer tendies because he'd claim that sauces ruin the quality of them. He was dumb as fuck; would also claim that the price of an article of clothing was directly proportional to it's quality and nothing else
>>
>>7393990
Of course. Some foods are meant to go with dipping sauces. Many Asian foods, some fried snack foods and dishes that are themselves dips. But the idea of eating everything with my hands and dunking it in some kind of condiment before putting it into my mouth seems like the product of a little too much fast food in one's upbringing.
>>
>>7393945
>As far as dipping sauces go
>dipping sauces
>sauces

so does that include anything that has a sauce on it?
condiments were originally sauces made for specific dishes, their flavor accompanied many other dishes so they were made in mass quantity and sold separately.
I agree that if a condiment is needed for enjoyment then the original food is trash, but that doesn't make the sauces bad.
>>
>>7393932
no, if the food needs extra sauce the cook fucked it up to begin with - also, i'm not a fatty
>>
>>7394032
>> i'm not a fatty

I'm surely not the only one who always reads this as "I'm a 400lb neck beard having a moment of flagellant self-hatred."
>>
>>7394060
I'm 5'5" 160 lbs...
>>
>>7394066(checked)
sounds fat to me. I'm 6'1" and 150lbs

I'm going to assume you're a woman because no one would freely admit to being a manlet when they can lie anonymously. why are fat chicks so fucking delusional?
>>
>>7393945
le pretentious /ck/ blowhard face
>>
>>7394060
To be fair, 'fatty' is kind of the go to insult round these parts, regardless of evidence.
>>
>>7394109
shut up fatty
>>
>>7393932

i like my food to taste like the food i am eating. i don't use dipping sauces because that is just a way to add texture to a dipping sauce. you're a faggot
>>
>>7394072
>5'1
>150

This bitch is
O B E S E
B
E
S
E
>>
>>7394012
>the idea of eating everything with my hands and dunking it in some kind of condiment before putting it into my mouth seems like the product of a little too much fast food in one's upbringing.

I really think that's just an issue you have in your own mind, and not related to anything in reality.
>>
Yes. I also nned 12 packs of del scorcho for just one burrito, countless packs for macho nachos and fries, 12 hots for mexican pizza.
>>
>>7394170
you must be not white
>>
File: Photo on 2-19-16 at 4.48 PM.jpg (185 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-19-16 at 4.48 PM.jpg
185 KB, 1080x720
I was about to start a nuggie thread but i saw yours. This is what im eating rn
>>
>>7394236
>fork
>>
>>7394236
It's nuggers, not nuggies you filthy neanderthal.
>>
>>7394255
im a fundamnetalist
>>
>>7394162
It was OP pic that made me think along that line.
>>
>>7394227
Those aren't even hot though. I like spiciness with everything. The other day I had Arby's and couldn't stand the garbage without putting chili powder on everything. What a sad, bland life to not be able to eat any chile.
>>
File: iPhoneUpload_nah8m3vjqw.jpg (370 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_nah8m3vjqw.jpg
370 KB, 1600x1200
>>7395770

I was at Arby's recently too. I went crazy with condiments there. I wish Chick-Fil-A had dispensers for all their sauces the way Arby's does.
>>
>>7394236
>toilet paper roll
>>
>>7395770
>>7396130
going to Arby's
>>
>>7394236
>letting the sauces touch

OUT
>>
File: 1379405388146.jpg (35 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
1379405388146.jpg
35 KB, 450x370
>>7397087
>Being a little baby boy
>>
>>7393932
There's this place at my uni and around it called Huey Magoo's, and it has this "Magoo" sauce. Literally the best shit I've ever had from a tendie establishment
>>
File: P4k .jpg (38 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
P4k .jpg
38 KB, 400x267
>>7393945
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.