[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fried Rice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: CRcson2WsAAzLIy.jpg (67 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CRcson2WsAAzLIy.jpg
67 KB, 600x450
> use day old rice to make fried rice

Fuck that. You buy brown rice from the Chinese takeout place and use that.

I figured this out yesterday and thought I'd share since I've always had trouble with it sticking using day old rice.
>>
What's wrong with using day old rice again?
>>
>>7393646
OP's always had trouble with it sticking.
>>
>>7393641
so... instead of buying fried rice from the Chinese place you purposely went to, you buy brown rice and go home and make fried rice.

Ok.
>>
>>7393657
>>7393657
He probably overcooked it in the first place.
>>
>>7393670
I can make better fried rice than hole in the wall Chinese takeout you nog.

You can get a quart of cooked rice for like $1.50.

You don't have to plan a day in advance.

You don't have to do all that rinsing and soaking nonsense either.
>>
>>7393682
Where do you buy already cooked rice?
>>
>>7393705
Any whole in the wall Chinese takeout. If it comes in a white folding box you're in the right place.
>>
>>7393641
>Eating brown rice when you could eat white rice
Why?
>>
>>7393794
White rice is nutritionally inferior to brown rice.
There's a reason why nips and chinks are an under-developed race.
>>
>>7393813
Unlike the superior people who can't cook rice properly on their own. Gotcha.
>>
File: F201301291050457912156911[1].jpg (49 KB, 540x435) Image search: [Google]
F201301291050457912156911[1].jpg
49 KB, 540x435
>>7393641
Fucking white people.
>>
>>7393813
Unless the white rice is parboiled
In which case it's superior to brown rice
And makes pretty great fried rice too
>>
>>7393813
brown rice is only marginally good for you in the first place. this is like saying paper is better for you than tape because of the ~fiber~
>>
>>7393813
Incorrect. That's because they don't eat enough protein. Their problem with white rice has to do with constipation more than anything else. Every damn commercial is about making you shit since they can't bother to eat enough fiber.
>>
>cooking rice specifically to make fried rice
>not just cooking a large batch of rice to eat some fresh then making fried rice with the leftovers
>>
$1.25 restaurant rice
vs
$0.20 of rice u cook urself and you get more
>>
>>7394513
seriously, this was my first thought upon reading OP's post

just buy your own damn rice you lazy sack of shit
>>
I had a flatmate that was so lazy he would go out and buy white rice from a nearby chinese restaurant and just scoop canned tuna and ketchup over it and eat that as a meal.

We lived in HONG KONG and he would go to a restaurant and order a fucking box of plain steamed white rice.

We had a rice cooker btw
>>
>>7394468
You can parboil brown rice, too, if you want.

I have strong doubts that parboiled white rice is nutritionally superior to fully cooked brown rice in the first place, however.
>>
>>7394481
But they fill out their meals with rice to feel full without the expense of adequate quantities of protein.
>>
>>7394452

I have a cold so I thought about wearing a mask since it admittedly looks kinda cool.

Would this trigger the chinese? I'm black too.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.