[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fried Chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: photo_shoryu_karaage[1].jpg (124 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
photo_shoryu_karaage[1].jpg
124 KB, 600x550
Oh Lawdy, I's sho could go fo sum fried chickun!

ITT: All things fried chicken. What are your favorite places to get some? KFC? Popeye's? Some obscure other place? Or do you prefer making it yourself? If so, what recipe do you use?
>>
>>7393312
Bojangles Popeyes
>>
>>7393312
Popeyes nigga
>>
black people sure do love fried chicken.
know who else likes fried chicken?

LITERALLY EVERYBODY
>>
Lee's
Cane's

Popeye's and the rest are shit-tier compared to those two places alone. The amount of praise I see for Popeye's on here triggers me hard.
>>
>>7393382
>The amount of praise I see for Popeye's on here triggers me hard
Get used to it faggot bojangles and popeye's are #1 chicken
>>
Cane's. Nothing else comes close.
>>
>>7393396
Just because it's the only fried chicken you've ever had doesn't mean it's the best.
>>
fried chicken is dead easy to make at home. the mistake most people make is having the oil too hot and the outside cooks but hte middle is raw.

a chicken breast on the bone needs to fry about 8 minutes per side so have the oil hot enough that it sizzles but not so hot that the outside will burn in that time.
>>
>>7393382
>Lee's
>Cane's

This. Any other chicken place is staffed entirely with dirty.....other races.

And all their customers are loud.....you know, other races.

Just too dirty and sketchy for me. I'll stick to hipster chicken.
>>
>>7393410
>>Cane's
Canes is over priced shit never herd of lee's bojangles and popeye's are goat.
>>
File: Kawaii cooking.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii cooking.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>7393407
>the mistake most people make is having the oil too hot and the outside cooks but hte middle is raw.
This is why the nips fry their karaage twice: once on low heat to properly heat the core, once again on high heat to make the outside crispy.
>>
>>7393407
Last time I tried the dredge/resulting breading easily slid off the chicken. Not sure what I did wrong t b h
>>
>>7393363
Same with watermelon.
>>
>>7393407
>he cooks his chicken in oil instead of shortening
>>
File: crown fried chicken.jpg (110 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
crown fried chicken.jpg
110 KB, 640x480
>>7393410
How does it feel to be a total pussy?

Crown Fried Chicken is best chicken.
>>
File: hellagoodfornodamnreason.gif (37 KB, 323x276) Image search: [Google]
hellagoodfornodamnreason.gif
37 KB, 323x276
I recently had Knottsberry Farm's fried chicken for the first time. Crazy good.
>>
Popeye's, chik fillet, chicken express. Canes is decent but meh for the price. KFC and churches are literal trash. Grocery store deli is very good, my moms is best but I only get it once or twice a month.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 250x250
If I buy fast food chicken then it's always from chicken express. They make really good tenders.
>>
>>7393382
>cane's

Bruh are you kidding? You must be white as fuck cause that shit had barely any flavor. Also Popeyes biscuits/Cajun fries/tendies/biscuits/popcorn shrimp/blackened ranch are fucking amazing
>>
>>7393523
My fellow NY bro! CFC is greaf, as is Kennedy Fried Chicken, or just about any fried chicken place in Queens. Those halal chicken places.
>>
>>7393410
Sounds like you're a lil bitch
>>
>tfw in canada and good fried chicken can only be had at expensive places
>>
I like chicken all kind of ways but I never fry it at home. I Have a small kitchen and it's just too messy. If I want fried chicken then it's usually Popeyes or the grocery store because that's just what's available here. We don't eat fried chicken a lot. Now,... baked, grilled, or roasted/ rotisserie we eat often and make that at home.
>>
>>7393548
I live by one and love it. The chicken is big and cooked perfectly but it can be on the bland side, nothing their seasoning packet can't fix. I like how it comes with cream gravy, the only truly patrician tendies sauce.
>>
>>7393567
Love the cream gravy!!!
>>
>>7393363

anons sure love to use 'literally.'
know who uses it incorrectly?

FIGURATIVELY EVERYBODY
>>
>>7393469

buttermilk or plain yogurt soak(same thing) will soften up the skin so that doesn't happen. also double dip
>egg>coating>egg>coating

and let the pieces dry up on a rack for a few minutes.

>>7393476
peanut or go home, tranny
>pic incredibly related
>>
>>7393764
>>7393476
>Not using lard
What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>7393600
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/literally
>2: in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>
>>
>>7393434
You're supposed to gently poach your chicken first so it's already cooked when you fry it. That way you just cook at high heat and remove when crunchy.
>>
>>7393600
Incorrect usage of these words is a highway to the dangerzone.
>>
>>7393472
Down that with grape soda.
>>
File: Photo0025.jpg (483 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Photo0025.jpg
483 KB, 1280x960
>>7393534
Stop and think of the poor chickens!
>>
>>7394175
Punch out Maverick! Punch out!
>>
>>7393600
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/Submit
noun
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric; More
>>
>>7394333
Can you use it in a sentence please
>>
>>7394495
"There is literally nothing wrong with making use of hyperbole."
>>
Gus's in Memphis is the best fried chicken you'll ever eat. Never had anything that was even comparably good
>>
>>7393312
Chic fil a. God damn that pickle brine makes for a killer sandwich.
>>
in jersey its so hard to find good fried chicken place

i have to drive 30 minutes to KFC because the place nearby closed down , was like not even 5 minutes away and was like a dollar a piece of fried chicken
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.