[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mayonnaise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: pot-mayonnaise-825x510.jpg (70 KB, 825x510) Image search: [Google]
pot-mayonnaise-825x510.jpg
70 KB, 825x510
So I'm in the mood for some shrimp. Which means mayonnaise. However I've never made homemade mayo. Anyone got tricks or advice ? I know the basic mustard/oil/egg yolk but should I add vinegar or lemon ? Online recipes seem to disagree on it
>>
add vinegar or lemon if you like vinegar or lemon.
>>
>>7392974
What does shrimp have to do with mayonnaise?
>>
>>7392974
more mayo, white boy?
>>
>>7392987
You dip em in mayonnaise ?
>>
>>7392992
meme magic ;)
>>
>>7392974
i usually go with oil,egg,mustard,lemon,salt and pepper. it comes down to what you like but with shrimp i would definately have lemon or lime, maybe a bit of chili too.
>>
>>7392974
Ok you little shit, here's what I do for a small jar of mayo. Hope you have a stick blender, a food processor will work too I guess.

>2 whole eggs
Fuck that "yolk only" bullshit
>teaspoon of mustard
>lemon/lime juice
Tastes way better than vinegar.
>small clove of garlic or half a large one
>300ml oil of choice
>salt
You can also put whatever herbs/spices you like

Leave your eggs out on the counter till room temperature.

Put everything except the oil into your blending container.

Blend that shit.

After you have a nice mixture, let it sit for a minute.

Start blending and just drip the oil in, you don't have to do it super slow.

After you're done with the oil, taste and add salt/lemon juice to taste.

Let sit in the fridge for half an hour before serving.

Fuck, I'm gonna go make some now.
>>
>>7393001
i have never heard of that. I have used a remoulade sauce before though, which is smooth and kinda rich like mayo so should be alright. If you are in the mood for something different try it, pretty good on shrimp/seafood in general.
>>
beat the egg yolks with a little salt well before adding any oil, as it incoporates better
don't add acid at the start, save that until the end

there's no point being clever and trying to add oil quickly, so just go slow, especially at the start

if it splits, you'll see it look like a slimey mess in a pool of oil if u leave it to sit, then just whip up another yolk, and add the fuck up to the new yolk, and it'll work fine

u can thin it out with a bit of water easily. and if u want garlic mayo, add the tiniest amount, or it'll be way too strong
>>
>>7392974
>He doesn't know about potted shrimp
>>
>>7393186
Stop with this woman
>>
>>7393200
Fuck You.
For every Jack post I see on here you get her x10.
>>
File: 1454733886842.jpg (129 KB, 729x937) Image search: [Google]
1454733886842.jpg
129 KB, 729x937
>>7393208
how long before he releases The Best Mayonnaise You'll Ever Taste?
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 202x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 202x144
>>
>>7393215
Who knows, anon.
>>
File: 1453962441964.jpg (48 KB, 388x354) Image search: [Google]
1453962441964.jpg
48 KB, 388x354
>>7393208
>I'm admitting to spamming the board

Ok then
>>
>>7392987
I never thought of shrimp and mayo going together unless you were making a salad out of those tiny canned shrimp, and that's not really that good.
>>
>>7393264
What is the story behind this picture
>>
The absolute basic is oil and egg yolk, the egg yolk is just a convenient and tasty blob of existing emulsified fat, which makes it easier to emulsify more fat into it.

Beat the egg yolk up for a minute or two first, then you can dip the tip of your whisk into a dish of oil if you find it difficult to drip it slowly from the bottle. It gets thicker as you add more oil, counterintuitively.
>>
>>7393270
Ever had sushi
>>
File: bate.jpg (193 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
bate.jpg
193 KB, 333x500
>>7393299
weak weaboo bait, anon.
>>
>>7393299
Never had sushi with mayo. Or shrimp, for that matter.
>>
File: image.png (81 KB, 357x315) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81 KB, 357x315
>>7392974
>I'm in the mood for shrimp
>which means mayonnaise
>>
>>7393270

ever heard of prawn cocktail dude
>>
>>7393117

>garlic and oil
>>
>>7393430
Absolutely, but where I live there is no mayo in it. It sauce is like a mix of ketchup and horseradish or salsa and horseradish if I get it in a Mexican joint. Never heard of a mayo based cocktail sauce. Where do people eat that?
>>
>>7393430
Prawn or shrimp cocktail is usually served with a tomato and horseradish sauce in North America.
>>
>>7393374
>He's never had Marie Rose sauce
>>
>>7393787
That sounds awful.
>>
Anyone ever had ebimayo? My local izakaya has it and it's delicious
>>
>>7392987
Nothing good.
>>
>>7393479
Hell.
>>
>>7392974
I always use at least 1 Tb of vinegar in my standard mayo batch. I feel like good mayo needs a subtle hint of acid. Use lemon for a fresh aroma, so it definitely goes well with seafood in general.

Some garlic or garlic powder would go really well in your mayo if you're having shrimp.
>>
>>7392974
when beating the egg add the oil very slowly. otherwise it wont mix. add the vinegar the same way.
>>
>>7392974
This is what I use to make shrimp mayo:
Ketchup
Horseradish
Worcestershire sauce
Lemon
A little hot sauce.
>>
>>7393117
>adding egg white to an emulsion
I hope you like broken mayo
>>
>>7392974
What kind of weird fuck eats shrimp with mayo?
>>
>>7393467
Waoh, almost sounds like everything italian.
>>
im so fucking lost...

is this a troll thread? or are all these "shrimp mayo" faggots just really really fat?
>>
>>7393430
Yes, I made them for my company diner as a starter however shrimp cocktail to me is tiny shrimp with a cocktail based sauce which is mainly majo and some ketchup with either whiskey or sherry. The sauce is very little not to take away too much flavor. I added green apple, lemon zest and juice and parsley.

Though I hear people also mean with a shrimp cocktail just some lose shrimps with some sauce to dip and that is it. I would never eat it like that because it is too fucking boring.
>>
>>7392978
lol, thats like saying 'add spunk or battery acid if you like spunk or battery acid'.
>>
>>7394365
yeah, just get chlamydia , then your spunk will taste like battery acid!
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.