[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your guys' experience with roast beef cold cuts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: aged-black-angus-roast-beef[1].jpg (50 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
aged-black-angus-roast-beef[1].jpg
50 KB, 350x250
What is your guys' experience with roast beef cold cuts? It's always either grayish looking disgusting and cheap, or gorgeous looking and expensive as fuck.

At my grocery store (Safeway), they have 2 kinds of roast beef. Their cheap roast beef costs like $7 a pound and is really bad. It's a brownish-gray color and is extremely tough to eat. I've also seen places like Subway using this.

Then their high quality roast beef is fucking gorgeous. Dark brown, bright pink in the middle, almost melts in your mouth delicious. But it costs like $15 a pound and obviously not worth purchasing too much of it
>>
>>7391689
Personally I dislike any cold cuts that aren't sausage. No roast beef, no ham, no turkey.
>>
Fucking r9k forever ruined this for me.

FUCK
>>
Arby's is okay.

Their roast beef is delivered in liquid paste form and they cook it into sheets in-store.
>>
>>7391704
It's not, it just comes vacuum packed in pouches filled with gel.
>>
>>7391689
I love roast beef, especially when it's your mum's :3
>>
>>7391689
The deli at the supermarket I usually go to makes their own roast beef there in the store. It's delicious and like $10/lb or so. That's usually what I get, either that or their roast turkey.
>>
>>7391704
>>7391709

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp

Still not great, though.
>>
File: roy rogers roast beef.png (244 KB, 925x526) Image search: [Google]
roy rogers roast beef.png
244 KB, 925x526
You West coast and fly over niggas just don't know.
>>
>>7391980
I was too young to enjoy roy rogers.

My mother never went in the 90s and now they're non existent in NYC
>>
>>7391992
I thought they were all over NY and New Jersey.
>>
>>7391689

Unless you treat it with something meat simply doesn't stay red for very long in air.
>>
>>7391696
that's strange anon. why must it be sausage?
>>
>>7391689

Get a pound of the nice roast beef, continue shopping, when you get somewhere secluded just put that shit in your pocket, and then roll out.

I usually put my duffell bag on the shopping cart when im shopping, with my sweater on top of it, and I usually steal cold cuts, cheese, butter, honey, maple syrup, spices ect, expensive stuff that I don't need to survive but generally enjoy having.

Like cheese for example, I can easily steal 60 dollars in decent cheeses when I go to the store, see the trick is you go to a grocery store in a nice neighborhood, not only do they have a better selection but if you are groomed and dressed nicely no one will look at you suspiciously at all, so heisting shit is incredibly easy.

And before you think to yourself "oh what if they do inventory at the deli and find out a pound of meat is missing and look for me on the camera!", deli inventory is so fucked dude, they throw out more shit in a week then you would eat in 6 months, and beyond that any nub ends they throw out too, their inventory is a huge loss constantly thats why shitty deli meat is so expensive.

Trust me playa, stealing from grocery stores is too easy to pass up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.