[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How healthy are you eating, /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18
How healthy are you eating, /ck/?
>>
i'm not eating healthy at all, man
>>
Had a double quarter pounder with cheese for lunch and bucket of KFC extra crispy for dinner.
It's okay though, I'm bulking.
>>
I dranks some vodka when i woke up and i just ate 2 hotdogs on white bread.

Living the dream, man.
>>
I eat a sandwich a day.
I should feel hungry but I never do.
>>
File: pm.jpg (2 MB, 2200x2933) Image search: [Google]
pm.jpg
2 MB, 2200x2933
I had lentil soup and a salmon sandwich for dinner

but then I had a handful of easter eggs after.

I think I'm doing alright tho.
>>
>>7391609
Had two pieces of cod and some buffalo cauliflower. Then two jalapeno cheese dogs and a hoagie roll. Not a hoagie, just the bun. Bought a bag that was really fresh from Sam's and I just had to have one. Then a glass ~10oz of 2% milk because for some reason my wife won't buy whole and she picked up the current gallon.

Followed by 2 more glasses of milk with some hershey's chocolate syrup stirred in. Most people wouldn't call it "chocolate milk" because I only use enough syrup to cover the bottom of the glass. I drink over a quart of milk per day on a regular basis and I have low cholesterol.
>>
Good days and bad

two days ago i ate vege chili on brown rice

yesterday i ate a whole rack of ribs and drank a whole bottle of wine
>>
>>7391609
that pic is going into my "punchable faces" folder.
>>
>>7391650
>buffalo cauliflower
How do you make this?
>>
File: seinfeld-babu-court.jpg (14 KB, 349x319) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld-babu-court.jpg
14 KB, 349x319
lol, asking /ck/ if they are eating healthy.

just look at all the vegan hate.

i mean i can see people being neutral, but the hate is just wrong.
>>
File: hairthief.jpg (48 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
hairthief.jpg
48 KB, 768x1024
>>7391652
Violence against women is not OK.
>>
>>7391655
>but then I had a handful of easter eggs after.
All I did was microwave frozen cauliflower and then cover it in buffalo sauce. If I'm eating it as an entree I cook it up with a couple eggs and then add sauce. If I were making it from a fresh head I'd probably roast it, give you a better crunch and doesn't add moisture.

>>7391657
That's because 99% of vegans a ideologues.
>>
>>7391675
I dont' know what the fuck happened with the quote there. I didn't have anything highlighted.
>>
File: 1383182514068.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1383182514068.png
171 KB, 396x423
I drink lots of vodka. That cleans out my system, and even cleans my teeth (I haven’t brushed in years, and haven’t had a cavity since).

I also eat a liverwurst sandwich pretty much every day – to counterbalance the effects the vodka has on my liver. I make my sandwiches on seeded rye (because it’s the healthiest bread), with mayo (because eggs are the best protein; I use kewpie, because the msg makes it taste better), coarse mustard (good for the white blood cells), zucchini pickles (because they taste good), and a bunch of baby spinach (just for filler; it could honestly be left out).

I also eat a lot of canned fish (mostly sardines, but also the occasional fancy smoked oysters) on saltines. They give you all your essential amino acids, and provide a nice opportunity to try out various hot sauces, which are generally very low in calories, while high in flavor and immensely prodigious to healthiness.

Aside from that, I drink large amounts of water (anywhere between ice-cold to slightly chilled) every day, always through a straw, and sometimes with a lemon wedge.

To each their own, I say, but I’m just shy of 30 and am doing better than most of you.
>>
>>7391675
What kind of buffalo sauce?
>>
>>7391662
spotted the redditor/tumblrina
this picture is also going into my punchable faces folder.
the punchability of a face is independent of gender.
>>
>>7391692
That's going to come crashing down on you in about 5-10 years
>>7391609
When my work schedule is consistent I'm like Activated Almonds Guy

That's about 3/4 of the time

The other 1/4 of the time I'm a /ck/-tier mess. Like today I had half a baguette with a fuck ton of butter, the other half with a fuck ton of olive oil, a cheese danish, an entire grapefruit, a quarter pound of almonds, 4 cups of coffee, 2 bowls of black bean and tomato soup, a quarter pound of gruyere, a bunch of beef stew, and a half a bottle of red wine.

I guess now that I typed it all out, that's actually a lot better than almost any of you. But keep in mind I barely moved my body today. Normally I do at least two hours of intense cardio and often lifting as well. So I shouldn't have had that baguette.
>>
>>7391711
A standard line which only attempts to disguise what's really in your heart. Misogyny is a terrible social disease, but fortunately degenerates like you are finally being weeded out. Your kind will not survive more than a few more generations.
>>
>>7391720

>going to come crashing down on you in about 5-10 years
>pasta is probably close to 5 years old at this point

Why don't French anons ever post pictures of baguettes?

We all know you're eating them every day, but what you don't realize is that almost nowhere in the world knows how to make a baguette even as good as your 70 Euro-penny ones.
>>
File: Chicken-Pot-Pie.jpg (208 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Chicken-Pot-Pie.jpg
208 KB, 600x450
Ive been following the eat to live diet mostly since the new year.

Everyday I eat a bowl of oatmeal, a large salad full of vegis and beans, roasted/sauteed vegetables, and a large handful of almonds.

I also eat the occasional avocado sandwich on whole grain bread every other day.

I drink water and maybe 3x wince I started, a glass of OJ. also, I've had three 22oz of beer.

If it matters, I've already dropped 3 pant sizes and always feel both full of food and energy.

My food bill has cut down dramatically and I'm gonna continue though June (my Bday) to see just how healthy I can get.

I really do miss pic related though.
--

PS, I'm not exercising at all, and yet somehow I'm still losing weight.

I <3 Dr. Fuhrman
>>
>>7391727
I am not French, the baguette came from Balthazar. It wasn't amazing but what can you do. In my opinion the best baguette in the city comes from Eric Kayser.
>>
>>7391730
Can you really not just have a pot pie as a treat once a month if you miss them?
>>
Cutting back on sugar. Works about 50% of the time- I either eat no shitty food or a shitload.
>>
>>7391765
I can, that's the cool part of this "diet"

I can have what is "rare and appropriate" when I feel like it. there are no hard "Nos" so yes, I can have the pot pie.

I used to eat them more than 3x a week though, I think I've had enough pot pies for now. Maybe later.
>>
>>7391775

man i don't know how people can eat like that, i need a lot of variety in my diet

i get bored if i eat the same ethnicity of food 2 days in a row, i couldn't handle oatmeal and salad every day or pies 3x a week
>>
Oats + small banana
Low fat milk
Brotein
Cottage cheese
Salmon + veggies
Greek yogurt (plain) + small apple
Lentils + half an avocado + vegetables
Unsalted nuts

I eat like this regularly.
>>
>>7391782

I mix it up with eh vegetables, there are a lot of combinations to make such as:

1. eggplant with pomodoro sauce
2. bean and mushroom soup with onion and dill
3. Cauliflower buffalo bites
4. roasted sweet potato with caramelized onions and mushrooms with green beans/snow peas.
5. Vegi stir fry
6. Carrot soup with soyrizo
7. roasted stuffed peppers
8. Zucchini "pasta" with lentil meatballs
9. Banana "Ice Cream"
10. Indian Food

The variety is there, you just have to actually try to make it.
>>
>>7391770
I've been trying to do this but it's so hard if I don't want to make everything myself. I have to carefully inspect the labels of all the cereals, and granola bars, and muffins, yoghurt, all my snacks basically.

Fucking nobody makes yogurt with just fruit. You either get plain or you're getting a sugary fruit mash.
>>
>>7391609
cut regular pasta and white rice out of my diet a decade ago. never liked white bread, fortunately my parents weren't mentally retarded and had whole wheat in the house as opposed to wonder or some other shit. i cut out regular potatoes a while ago as well, sticking with sweet potatoes/yams if i go in that direction. I'll break that once or so a year if a 5lb bag of potatoes is a buck because value.

i mix my brown rice with quinoa or lentils.

i rarely go to fast food places for anything cooked, i'll hit the burger king near work once in a blue moon when i didn't bring something and it's raining and i don't get delivery and etc. i get shitty chinese maybe once a month, shitty fast food once every two months or more. i'll still eat out 3 times a week, but at actual restaurants or occasional sandwich shops.

i hardly eat anything deep fried anymore. i saute a lot, but will rarely pan fry stuff. i tend to eat a relatively balanced diet of protein/grain/vegetable at every meal.

dinner tonight was whole wheat pasta, roasted vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, fennel) and beef stew i made (sweet potato, potato, carrot, cauliflower leaves and stem, asparagus, lentils, quinoa, beef stock, chuck beef, bread crumbs, blue corn meal) and a small amount of pasta sauce because the stew was very thick and didn't really coat the linguine well.
>>
>>7391609

i eat chocolate cakes everyday, sometimes twice in a day. i think i might have autism. or depression.
>>
>>7391818
I usually just get the sourish 'greek'/strained yoghurt and add a bit of honey. Doesn't have to be a completely homogeneous mixture because the sourness/sweetness makes a nice tasting contrast. Also yoghurt+walnut is fucking delicious, though expensive.
>>
>>7391723
lol. it's a troll. don't take things without sources on the internet so seriously.
misogyny exists more in the minds of people who think it does than it really does.
did you know? norway has the best gender equality, but most of their nurses are still female, and most of their engineers are still male.
when people can go to whatever profession they want, they gravitate to what their biology tells them to.
https://vimeo.com/19707588

also, you missed it
>the punchability of a face is independent of gender.
>>
>>7391662
she looks like those over privileged bitches in office where i try to avoid all the time in every company I've been to.

Like this guy said, its punchable.
>>7391711
>>
I eat rice or pasta almost every day, with chicken usually because my dad can't eat a lot ofred meat or some fish, but i try to get some vegetables in.
I haven't had fruit in months though.
And when i'm not making shitty boring dinners, i tend to eat fast food but i stopped. My main problem is over eating, not really what i eat.
I'm 6ft 270lbs.
Been slowly making changes.
But seriously all this rice and pasta can't be good, sometimes i do salad. Today i made mushroom risotto.
What are some healthy side dishes i can make every day?
>>
>>7391954
Why are you feeding your dad?
>>
>>7391971
Cause i live with him and my gf and my sister and i'm the one that gets home in time to make some food before they come home. Or else we'd be eating too late.
I'm the only fat one, i'm working my way down for my gf.
>>
>>7392002
Did something happen, or do you all just live together on purpose?
>>
>>7392002
We left my toxic whore of a mother because of reasons.
Gf joined after.
>>
Today was pretty healthy.

2 egg omelette with tomato, onion, spinach, and cheddar, a grapefruit and an apple for lunch.

12 oz coffee with 1 packet of sugar and half a creamer around 3 pm.

For dinner, large salad with iceberg lettuce, a tomato, half a cucumber, an avocado, and about 3 tbsp ranch (not lite), high protein penne with fortified spicy tomato sauce, sautéed spinach, and parmesan, and 2 BBQ chicken wings, grilled. Also a grapefruit for desert.
>>
>>7392028
iceberg lettuce isn't even real lettuce why bother
>>
No breakfast

Salad for lunch: spring salad, carrots, sautéed mushroom/spinach/bell, balsamic vinaigrette, some croutons.

Dinner usually consists of something light because while I'm hungry, I seem to get full quicker now for some reason, the salad for lunch usually does me fine for the rest of the day. I tend to eat something small like rice with an egg, or maybe a small chicken fillet.

Dunno how healthy it is, but I've lost 12lbs. It's weird, I'm a pretty decent sized guy; 5'11" now at 197lbs, but my appetite for anything seems to have just vanished. I don't think I break more than 1000 calories a day now and I feel full as fuck from just that.
>>
On weekdays:
Tea for breakfast

More tea for lunch, maybe an apple if I feel fancy

Rice/Potatoes, Veggies, Eggs/Chicken/Pork for Lunch.

On weekends: Alcohol, mdma and amphetamines and if someone reminds me, a random bit of fruit or so.

Wouldn't call it healthy as I'm not eating enough/regularly.
>>
so far for breakfast I've eaten:
>spinach
>baby carrots
>blueberries
>oatmeal with flax seed, chia seed, cinnamon and walnuts and milk
>33oz. of water

Trying to "make it"
>>
I eat basically zero sugar apart from a small glass of juice in the morning, no fast food ever, plenty of veg, olive oil, seaweed, fish. my only vices are cheese and wine which I limit to a once weekly session.

pretty fucking healthy. I don't even like fast food or sugary treats anyway.
>>
pretty good. lost 7 lbs on my first week.

i think i need to start taking a multivitamin though. im just eating v v small portions of things over the day. nothing like a real meal. but im constantly keeping track of calories and im averaging probably 1000-1200 a day. my cheat day is hardly a cheat day as i just drink a 6 pack of miller lite with no food. seeing as how they are less than 100cals each its not a big deal but its my carbo load that i miss out on during the week.
>>
>>7391692
copypasta.
>>
I just ate a good haul of taco bell so, you know, not very.
>>
>>7391655
I know in the US, Birds Eye brand makes a frozen buffalo cauliflower in their steamfresh line.
>>
>>7391609
Eh, about 50/50. Eat chicken rice and veg one day, eat hotdogs and fries the next. Eat pumpkin seeds as a snack sometimes, but also eat doritos. No winning with dessert cuz fuck the texture of fruit.
>>
I have trouble incorporating veggies in my diet. Tends to be what I want to eat the least and I always buy too much in the fridge. I know salads are over priced, but I can't be half assed to make one myself. I eat a shit ton of berries though for dinner at least.

Lunch is pretty much junk and never breakfast. Snacks are pretty much almonds and pisatachios. Try to avoid sugary foods since that gets me really down.
>>
>>7391801
Isn't this all bullshit now that keto has (apparently?) been proven to work?
>>
>>7394106
I was the same way, you've just got to experiment with different flavor combinations and vinaigrettes and eventually you'll come to love salads. Oven roasted veggies are a good alternative too if you can't into salad though.

What are your least favorite vegetables? Maybe I can rec a recipe.
>>
>>7391609
>>7391609

I usually eat 4-6 slices of large pizza for breakfast and bout 12 hot pockets for dinner. Always 'roni, with tons of ranch smothered on top. FREEDOM.
>>
>>7391801
>half raw/half cooked
why does it matter
>>
>>7391609
im vegan.
so take that with a grain of organically grown non-bleached uniodized Himalayan sea salt
>>
Started graveyard shift a month ago and have been eating like shit. Probably get less than 5 servings of fruit and veg a week atm.
>>
>>7391609
It's healthILy, my friend. HealthILy.

Take this correction to heart and you will sound so much more smarter from now on.
>>
>>7395979

Illinois confirmed for healthiestily state in the union.
>>
>>7391609
Well I just ate an entire sleeve of chips of ahoy after getting back to my hotel room.
>>
>>7395742
It's not so much I hate salads as much as just making it. Plus I tend to dislike the fact that it's really hard to cook vegetables in bulk, where once they become leftovers I kind of just lose the motivation to eat them. I do like roasting things though, and it's not so much I hate vegetables as much as being half assed about them.

If there's a vegetable that I had to say I despise though it's bell peppers. I hate them all.
>>
Vegan because eating animals is immoral.
>>
>>7396842

So you eat morally, not healthily?
>>
I've been living off of frozen pizza and chocolate for the past week.

And that after I had managed to finally primarily eat fruit and vegetables for several months.
>>
>>7395802
iodine is a necessary nutrient of the human body
>>
I go through a big bottle of V8 once a week instead of taking vitamins.
>>
>>7396957

Iodized salt is an unnecessary hold back from a time when people didn't get enough iodine from other sources and tastes like shit.
>>
File: averagemonthly.png (450 KB, 1300x1449) Image search: [Google]
averagemonthly.png
450 KB, 1300x1449
Fairly good but still a bit lacking in fruit I'd say
>>
>>7396983
Unless you eat seafood every week (including seaweed for vegans), which most people don't, you're not getting enough iodine without supplements in your food.
>>
>>7391775
If I want to eat unhealthy high calorie foods I just have a piece of fruit for breakfast and a pb&j sandwich for lunch, with no snacks and only water to drink all day. Then I can moderately pig out at dinner and still have a reasonable amount of calories. And I'll go on a bunch of walks at the park outside my office all day which can burn up to 500 calories, followed by running to the gym to lift when I get off work.
>>
How fat were you guys when you finally decided "enough is enough"?

I was 218 lbs at 6 feet at age 22 after gaining about 30 pounds in the past year because my gf's only hobby is eating junk food so I did that with her.
>>
>>7397000
We eat pretty similarly, except for the liver and nut/rice milks
>>
File: fit-drink.jpg (449 KB, 936x1285) Image search: [Google]
fit-drink.jpg
449 KB, 936x1285
>>7397035
I buy offal mostly because it's cheap and goes really well in slow cooker/crock pot which I use a lot now.

The nut/rice milks are because I try not to drink calories or sugar, pic related
>>
>>7397022
212lbs at 5'11" at age 23 for me. Bought a stationary bike through a lightning deal (got it for $110 CAD when it was usually priced at $225) on Amazon on December 26th of last year, and have been riding 25-40 minutes each day with a rest day every five days. I've been counting calories religiously for about two years now but it's hard eating healthy when you still live at home with an obese mother who basically shudders at any food that isn't green and/or prepackaged.
>>
>>7397156

Pretty good, 6.5/10.
>>
>>7397156
I fucked up hard at the last part.

Should be:

>shudders at any food that IS green and/or ISN'T prepackaged.
>>
>>7397156
In my experience obesity is 80% lifestyle, so moving out should be a top priority as it'll make it a lot easier for you. In the mean time, at least buy your own fridge.

I live with someone who routinely buys refined sugary products like muffins and chocolate bars and shit, and it's hard staying away from them sometimes. The biggest thing for me has been eating more vegetables. I find it difficult to eat a lot of carbs or sugary shit when I'm eating tons of filling vegetables all day. They taste like shit at first but your body and brain soon adjust and you don't want shit as much soon after.

Finally, be aware that cycling is pretty much at the bottom of the spectrum of exercise in terms of demands on the body. When you can, move up to weight lifting/strength training/running/rowing etc. Your body will thank you for it.

tl;dr eating more of the good instead of eating less of the bad works better for me, and strength training is the shit.

Rock on fatty.
>>
>>7391662
i beat off to this
>>
Yeh I eat healthy, its not like its hard that hard, just need motivation and discipline, my motivation is to look better than most people and live a healthier and hopefully longer and hallier life.
I just dont keep unhealthy food in the house.

I used to be a fat apologist who was the typical "my genetics stop me from being fit, thats all bullshit, anyone can do it. The modern world is kind of fucked with the way it views food and diet, I really think corporate greed is partly to blame as food manufacturers have had free reign with marketing and have basically changed our relationship with food for the worse. Food types and portions once thought to be indulgent have become "snacks" now.
Being fat is normal and fat acceptance is a bullshit movement that enables unhealthy lifestyles while feeding the corporate greed that is oppressing us, its a vicious cycle.

Mon-Fri I keep a strict schedule and allow myself to relax a bit on the weekend and enjoy myself, I work full time during the week so subscribe to the idea that this is the best time to keep focused.

Mon-Friday typicall meals
Skip breakfast - black coffee

Lunch - heaps of vegetables, smaller amount of carb (brown rice/pulses) and about 6oz of lean meat

Snack - boiled eggs and fruit

2nd snack - fruit, cheese

Dinner - heaps of veggies again and about 8oz of meat

No alcohol during the week, plenty of water and sleep

I do workout most days, weights and running, which i genuinely enjoy.
Having this routine allows me to really enjoy the foods that I love because they become special rather than an every day item, and Im not talking about processed garbage like sugars and icecream, fuck all that packaged shit, Im talking about slow cooked fatty cuts of meat, deli meats and cheeses, butter and cream, fresh bread and pasta, wine, whiskey etc.

Not only do I feel better about myself because I look good and stay fit, but I also save money by shopping at farmers markets etc, which dont support corporate bitches.
>>
File: 1419991808387.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1419991808387.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>Get new blender from gram-gram
>Idea
>Blend my vegetables so I can just drink them
>Try it today with some plain broccoli
>It's a chunky mess
>Smells like ass
>tastes worse for some reason
JUST
>>
>>7397921
You're supposed to use either a juicer or a high end blender (vitamix/blendtec) not the cheap shitty blender your gram-gram bought from Walmart.

You're also supposed to use a variety of fruits/vegetables, not just broccoli with nothing else.
>>
>>7397921
You need to add water if you're blending, otherwise you'll end up with thick mush. It is a solid to begin with and doesn't contain enough water to become a liquid.

Plus raw broccoli by itself is never going to taste good.
>>
>>7391609
I've regularly gone months at a time without eating a single piece of fruit or veg
>>
>>7397975
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>7397000
How the hell do you make that last a month...
>>
>>7397975
What did you eat?
>>
>>7391609
I'm not fat yet, so I'm doing okay
>>
took it kind of easy today, mostly ate leftovers

>breakfast
overnight oats with granola and honey, glass of milk
>lunch
two bbq chicken sandwiches
>dinner
cheddar broccoli and chicken soup with crackers

weekdays I'm finally getting into a routine of:

>breakfast
banana and small smoothie
OR
fruit salad (apple, orange, blueberries)
>lunch
baked chicken breast
baked sweet potato
roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts
red pepper hummus with hummus chips
>snack
yogurt with granola, honey, and blueberries
>dinner
whatever the rest of the family is eating, but lighter portions if they're being fatasses

it's taken a while but I've finally gotten on the road to getting /fit/. I've lost 40 pounds of fat (went from 220 to 180) and can run a sub-27 minute 5k. still trying to get into a routine at the gym tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 575x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 575x394
I eat pretty healthy. I don't eat fast food and I cook using olive oil.

Pretty much just takes a little self control
>>
>>7397992
There's like three whole chickens, 8 turkey burgers, 4kg of pork, nine cans of beans, four tins of tuna, and a bunch of other stuff.

Oddly no staples like rice or potatoes. But the meat and veggies would be at least enough for a month.
>>
>>7398015
There's barely enough veg to last a week
>>
>>7398010
fucked up the weekday breakfast, should be

banana and overnight oats
OR
fruit salad with small smoothie
>>
>>7397997
Frozen pizzas, frozen burgers/chicken pieces/other shit that children eat, and fries.
>>
>breakfast
protein bar
>lunch
porkchops topped with a thin slice of cheese and an egg
>dinner
protein shake with chicken breast and lettuce
>>
>>7398023

I can assure you that nobody cares.
>>
File: consider the following.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>7395795
some nutrients are lost to cooking, also, fiber.
>>
File: confused.gif (817 KB, 200x233) Image search: [Google]
confused.gif
817 KB, 200x233
>>7395697
whatever do you mean? please elaborate.
>>
>>7397954
The blender did a good job, I just didn't give it enough time.
>>7397974
I learned both these lessons today.
>>
File: calories.png (44 KB, 759x1422) Image search: [Google]
calories.png
44 KB, 759x1422
I don't

I am essentially anorexic. About a year ago I noticed I was up to 140lbs at 6'0 after a lifetime of being 120lbs and started to really fucking worry about gaining weight so I started counting calories. Set my limit at 2200 calories with an aim of 1800-2000. The problem is that I have become so scared of calories that I overstimate everything. Initially it was just 100 here and there but I am at the point now where I tend to count everything at least double. For example today I had an apple which I counted as 300 calories and a salmon fillet with spring onions and mayo which I counted as 1900 and I haven't eaten since. I am telling myself that my stomach is rumbling unnaturally.

It has gotten worse and worse. Pic related is my 'kitchen inventory' along with the calorie counts for the food in my kitchen as I tell myself they are. Most of my food goes out of date, I think about 30% of pic related is off.

I am 100lbs now, lost 10lbs in 2 months. Need to see a doctor but I am nervous.
>>
>>7397765
I don't think fat acceptance as a movement is all that bad as long as it's taught in tandem with reliable dietary advice.

There are massive industries set up for quick, joyless, unsustainable weight loss and for fattening, ubiquitous, convenient food that are considered American standards (pizza, fried chicken, hamburgers, etc.). By default, most American people will switch back and forth between these. Yes, this is generally weak-willed, but it's calculated by advertisers in both industries to a T and it's endemic, so it's not something that can just be waved away with "they just need to be stronger-willed".

Equating a person's value with their weight won't make them want to eat healthier food, it will make them want to be thinner as quickly as possible. This pushes them over to the quick-loss diet industry, where they'll lose a significant amount of weight on a comparatively torturous, bland diet before hitting a target, whereupon they'll assume they've undergone enough culinary torture to deserve going back to the fattening standard fare. Bland diet fare and delicious fattening fare becomes a cyclical dichotomy for the person and leads to yo-yo weight loss/gain, which is less healthy than just maintaining fatness while eating reasonably well.

Weight loss will follow if a decent day-to-day diet is made as feasible and desirable as the current American standard. Encouraging that with delicious, easy dishes that lead to a more gradual loss is a much better initiative than shunning anyone who isn't within a target weight group.

The real issue with fat acceptance is when it goes the route of ignoring health standards in general, usually for reasons like "a THIN person could eat out at fast food restaurants frequently and no one will say shit about it to them". They do manage to encourage more physical exercise by boosting confidence in appearance, so people don't use the excuse "I'll look embarrassing in a swimsuit so I won't swim", etc.
>>
>>7398164
Holy shit anon, that's really sad. Please go see a doctor
>>
>>7398164
>i'm an idiot, but I know I am and I tell strangers about it
>>
>>7398164
Now that you've recognized the problem, I think your first major step to recovery would be to completely destroy that image from your hard drive and to leave this thread so you're not tempted to resave it. Find an app or website that counts calories and reteach yourself to rely on the outside calorie counts. Try to work up to at least 1500 (for maintenance) a day by the new counts within the next couple weeks, quicker if you think you can manage it. Then, as soon as you can, wean yourself off of checking altogether.

Best of luck with your recovery!

>>7398217
Mental illness is a hell of a thing.
>>
I just about never cared. Never had health problems as a result of my eating habits, never had weight problems, and I always ate whatever I felt like

Lately I've been cooking at home and I love it, but don't think it's miles ahead of my older habits. Heck, it's not even that much cheaper
>but it's so much fun

But I figure if I don't use that much oil, no fat, and half of the food is veggies anyway, it should be alright. Not that much cheeses and basically no fruit might be an issue theoretically but eh, I take vitamins
>>
>>7391609
Lately not much. But been trying to change it. Starting to eat more chicken salads and switching my beers to light beers.
>>
>>7398167
>I don't think fat acceptance as a movement is all that bad as long as it's taught in tandem with reliable dietary advice

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>7391609
I generally eat very healthy (lots of fresh vegetables, fruit in moderation, legumes, etc) but I really can't quit jasmine rice. I also have a sweet tooth. I don't indulge in it often but it is enough and I have a family history of diabetes so I'm a walking time bomb (and they were all relatively young and certainly not overweight when they got it, so double fucked).
>>
Breakfast choices
Rice + unsweetened greek yogurt + ( boiled apple or banana
Or rolled oat poridge with apples and cinnamon
Or toast with spinich and feta cheese.

Lunch and dinners
Rice + ( broccoli, spinich, or lettuce) + ( fish or chicken breast)
Or
Simple fried rice. Carrot + onion + potato + garlic + (egg or chicken breast) little oil. Make alot serve for two or three days.
Boiled stuff: potatoes + broccoli + carrots + chicken or fish.

Tuna + rice + dried seaweed

Or
Chicken wraps, red onion, spinich, raw carrot , spinich..
Etc etc etc. Healthy enough I think.
>>
>>7399807
I forgot to mention mushrooms! Mushrooms are yummy!! Some times I make mushroom wraps or spinich and mushroom burgers.... wow I'm getting hungry thinking about this food.
>>
>>7399807
>rice
>rice
>rice
>tuna
Heavy metal city
>>
>>7399855
Most of America
Sugar
Sugar
Sugar
Fat
>>
File: averagemonthly.png (602 KB, 1784x1591) Image search: [Google]
averagemonthly.png
602 KB, 1784x1591
>>7397992
>>7398015
>>7398018
Updated to be a bit more representative of what I'll actually eat in a month. I pick up a wider variety of meat and veg than this but it's a fair representation I reckon. I'll also buy brown rice almost every month
>>
>>7391609
Yesterday I had 3 bags of Lays, a box of Nilla wafers, and 16 Keebler sandwich crackers
>>
>>7399819
Holy shit go to the rachel ray forum or some shit and never come back
>>
Today I have had 3 thin slices of turkey on top of a bean burger with a dollop of guac and a banana. I've also had 2 cups of green tea and a cup of lemon tea as well as a lot of water
>>
>>7391609
I'm eating very healthily.

Unfortunately I'm drinking very unhealthily.
>>
>>7391609
started drinking milk kefir
>>
>>7403125
Initial impressions? I want to try water kefir (lactose intolerant ) to see if it helps with my IBS.
If you don't mind me asking, is there any reason why you've started using legit? Just for general health and well-being or some specific digestive issue (like me)?
>>
>>7403150
>using legit
*using kefir

smfh
>>
>>7403150
>brother in law started doing it
>keeps going on about the health benefits
>gives me some milk kefir granules to try it out

it's pretty easy and i feel good but that might just be a placebo effect of doing something healthy for a change. it made me look up some stuff about milk kefir and apparently if you leave it long enough the lactose breaks down. my brother in law also did water kefir but complained it's a lot more work. he started doing kombucha too which doesnt involve milk and is a lot less work than water kefir
>>
>>7403165
Thanx for the info. I didn't realise that water kefir was any more work than milk kefir but I'll look into it, and kombucha too (which I hadn't heard of until you mentioned it). So thanx again.
I hate having such a restricted diet and hopefully this kefir or kombucha thing is the answer to my prayers.
>>
>>7391609
Eating garlic almost everyday and limit meat to 600g a week i think im doing ok
>>
>>7399032
Since making fun of fat people has been sociologically determined to make them fatter, I'm going to assume anyone who continues to do it secretly has one of those weird fat fetishes where they like to see people gain weight.
>>
>>7398081
If people can live healthy on a diet that predominantely consists of fat that means the classic food pyramid with fats at the top is useless.
>>
>>7404211
No I just hate lazy people that blame everyone else for their problems.
>>
File: sexy bishes 2.jpg (42 KB, 800x479) Image search: [Google]
sexy bishes 2.jpg
42 KB, 800x479
>>7404211
Hehe, you mean a feeder?
Spot the feeder in this classic photo
>>
File: ever think of that.jpg (117 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
ever think of that.jpg
117 KB, 600x602
>>7405166
living and living well are two different things. fats will cause harm to the body as well as pollute the liver something awful.

I would very much like to see your sources that show that living on fat predominately is a good and healthful thing.
>>
File: 1454686995595.gif (537 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1454686995595.gif
537 KB, 480x270
>>7398164
>>
Poached eggs on Rye toast for breakfast
Aiming for 1200 cals a day
>>
I'm vegetarian so I'm substituting vegetables like zuchinni, brocolli, eggplant etc. in for meat in a lot of my meals. I rarely drink alcohol, and I pretty much stick to water and coffee (often with milk however) otherwise. I have eggs about once or twice a week, and a small amount of nuts most days of the week. On sunday I made a couscous salad that's gonna last me through the week for lunch, and my breakfast is a bowl of corn flakes with honey and banana.

I like to think i'm pretty healthy, but I think that I might let unhealthy foods slip in a bit too often. I need to exercise more as well.
>>
>>7391609
trying to be vegan. I take a really good multi vitamin and have my protein shake with bannanas, peanuts, soybean protein isolate, and chocolate almond milk. This everyday is where most of my nutrition comes from. This is my foundation and base, everything else is just trying to get more calories and veggies in. I don't buy animal products myself but don't turn down anything free from work or friends. Thats where i'm at now.. i also have been lifting for the past 4 months, i've gained 13lbs, 6lbs muscle. Gonna bulk for another 3 months and consider cutting for definition or continue to bulk -rant
>>
I ate 18 grapes today.

It was the first time I had fruits/vegetables in nearly a month.

help
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.