[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you like Jewish food? Please no oven jokes. :3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: 1654165161.jpg (113 KB, 555x398) Image search: [Google]
1654165161.jpg
113 KB, 555x398
Do you like Jewish food?
Please no oven jokes. :3
>>
Gefilte Fish FTW. With some horseradish and some Manischewitz.
>>
>see "Beef salami" in Kosher section of grocery store
>it's just salami-shaped bologna
>it smells like feet

Never again, Shlomo.
>>
Oven you ever wanted to cook something with dry, indirect heat?
>>
>>7391436
pizza
>>
>>7391436
I always liked it. I have Jewish relatives who would throw a bash for passover and such. That was good eating.
>>
>>7391447
is that the pickled fish?

what does it taste like?

are the pickle jars of it decent approximations or do you need authentic stuff to enjoy/appreciate it?
>>
I used to like the pastrami on rye at Katze's deli.
>>
>>7391484
It's Katz's you gelfelta fish smelling schmuck.
>>
>>7391484
The problem with Katz's is the line nowadays. It's full up with a bunch of tourists. If I go there on a lunch break or something I want to get in and get out, not stand behind a shitload of faggots from california.
>>
Matzo brei is one of my favorite dishes
Not even Jewish
Make it savory, top it off with a good jalapeno sauce. Mmmm
>>
>>7391503
I used to go to the location in Austin. they closed it a few years back.
>>
The other thing other than a line filled with california and chicago fags is their cash only policy. That's a pain in the ass and I don't want to use their dodgy cash machine.
>>
>>7391509
You Texas folk have cool stuff on your own, I'm not surprised a Katz's would close there.
>>
>>7391503
The problem with Katz's is their entire menu is done just as well at a lot of other delis
>>
>>7391483
It's fucking disgusting, don't listen to that memer
>>
>>7391534
I memed yer mum last night when she was hobbling away all bow legged and shit.
>>
Kasha varnishkes and whitefish salad are my favorite Jewish dishes.
>>
>tfw want to go to the Synagogue so a nice Jewish family will invite me to a homecooked dinner
>>
Anyone have a good beef kinish recipe? They are my favorite jew foos probably besides fried matzo with sugar and maple syrup
>>
>>7391436

Latkes are based.
>>
deep fried foreskin
>>
>>7391436
That $6 wine that taste like grape juice is pretty good.
>>
>>7391436
>20 posts in and no one has mentioned anything about the :3

what the fuck is wrong with neo-/ck/?
>>
>>7392022
The American posters wouldn't like them.
>>
>>7391436
Carciofi alla giudia is delicious.
>>
>>7391970

Fried matzo and maple syrup?

I'm calling it. That HAS to be a Montreal thing.
>>
>>7391436
is that supposed to be kugel?
what a disgrace.
>>
>>7393454
it's kasha varnishkes, you shegetz
>>
Jewish Delis are delicious and it could be a shame if when the old white die off off take the great delis with them. Mad props to Canters and Langers in LA.

Matzoh Brie is also delicious, fantastic egg dish. Gotta also love Hamentashen.

Jewish Food is an odd discussion because much of it is just Eastern European with slight twists on it. It's underrated (just avoid Kosher honestly).
>>
>>7393474
huh, ive actually never seen or heard of that before.
>tfw jewish mother who doesnt cook.
>>
>>7391458
Everything you wrote is an attempted kill for an Italian.
You Amerilards are really ignorant and disgustingly stupid.
Talk like this in a good board is pretty depressing.
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>7392273
Nope I'm from the US. Not a drop of Canadian blood in me . my Dad taught me and his probably taught him
>>
jewish-american cuisine is an unholy marriage of the worst Ashkenazi kike cuisine and the worst lazy american cuisine
>>
>>7391436
I looourve be some deli beef tongue sandwiches.
>>
Big fan of challah, matzoh ball soup, and latkes.
>>
I love knishes, matzo ball soup, matzo crackers, bagels and lox, latkes, challah, and just about anything else out of a Jewish deli. I don't know if black and white cookies are a Jewish thing or a New York thing, but they're also great.

I very recently found out my grandfather is of Jewish heritage and just hid that fact because you really couldn't broadcast it when he was growing up. It's completely irrelevant to my life, but neat.
>>
>>7391636
Are you Jewish? Are you willing to lie about being Jewish?

If so, go find a local rabbi and tell them you're trying to get more in touch with your heritage. They'll probably invite you to a shabbos dinner. The more orthodox, the better the dinner tends to be.

>>7399204
Don't worry, it only counts if it's your mother. Unless you want Israeli citizenship, then you're golden.
Uh... typically, Jewish cuisine is alright at best. Kosher foods made by local places tend to be of good quality, but of course, expensive. Sephardic fish dishes are quite good, but they're really just Spanish dishes. I could really do without eating most of the dishes, but I still crave a good cholent every once a while.
>>
I had a kike roommate who made kishke with 7 types of beans and this intestine sausage thing. It was kinda like chili and we called it jew stew.

It was fucking delicious
>>
>>7399544
>>7399338
It's cholent. It's kind of the traditional Jew stew you eat for a midday meal since you can't really cook on Saturday.
>>
>>7393565
>>
>>7391436
is there somewhere to get good jew food in Sydney? I know most of our jews live down in melbourne but I want to try it and not travel 3 months.
>>
>>7399555
Same diff, cholent was made with kishke. I got it half right
>>
>>7399578
No worries, it's just what it is. Like it's pronounced differently too because yiddish bullshit.
>>
What is your favourite topping for challah? Mine is peanut butter, smoked salmon is a close second tho.
>>
>>7391436

So what are we looking at here, OP?

Also: bagels and lox is yahweh tier.
>>
>jewish food

you mean eastern european food?

most "jewish" food goes really well with pork products

it's odd really
>>
yes latzkes and hummus is tasty
>>
>>7399776
ashkenazi food.
its still jewish tho not eastern european they just lived there.
>>
It's ok, my wife cooks a lot of russian but it kinda blends lines. I love pickled herring but that's more of an all around European thing. Fellafel is meh. What do Jews think of stuff like smoked chicken/ chick fil a/ steak etc?
>>
>>7391436
I had a Reubens bagel from a place called "Reuben's" the other day, it was pretty good. Apart from that and bagels+smoked salmon, I haven't experienced much Jewish cuisine. I don't think there are many traditional Jews living in the UK, or at least not in London
>>
File: 14651544.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
14651544.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
I fucking love Challah.
>>
oven cooked goyim is best goyim
>>
>>7399854
>ashkenazi food
>ahkeNAZI
>nazi
oi vey antisemite
>>
My jewish friend ate matzah cracker with nutella in elementary school. he introduced me to nutella way before it was a meme
>>
>>7401618
you should report him to your nearest gestapo office.
>>
>>7401622
nah he was cool. like the only white guy in my elementary school. everyone else was asian or shit indian
>>
>>7391436
Way to carb heavy for my taste.
>>
I fucking love kasha varnishkes.

>tfw too far away from Knish Nosh and their wonderful kasha knishes
>>
>>7399561
You can get ashkenazi food in Sydney but I think it's shit desu senpai.

Iraqi Jewish food is easily the best (I grew up with it). Yemeni is good too, but you won't find either unless you're invited to someone's home.

I recommend going to a shenkins (Randwick, Newtown/erskineville) to eat some shakshouka - very sefardi/Arab and delicious.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.