[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are carnists afraid to eat anything with recognizable anatomical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
Why are carnists afraid to eat anything with recognizable anatomical features? Do they believe meat comes from "the store"?
>>
I think you mean "pussies," OP.
>>
People eat what they're used to eating. I don't know what "carnist" means but most people find the muscles to be the most appealing part of the animal.
>>
>>7391143

Your shitposting gets worse every single day.

I guess that means you're doing it right?
>>
>>7391143
Need a hug? I know life and death aren't pretty sometimes. You're gonna be ok.
>>
>>7391143
>Do they believe meat comes from "the store"?
Many stores definitely do sell meat
>>
>>7391143
>carnists

I think you mean vegetarians. Meat eaters usually aren't squeamish with meat products that resemble where the fuck they came from.
>>
>an odd number of eyeballs

whats going on here
>>
>>7391143
I dont, I eat most of the animal, some arent very tasty or easy to obtain though. If you go to a pig killing they use every part in one way or another
>>
This >>7391266

Try quail op.
>>
>>7391143
The problem is that a lot of grocery stores (in the USA at least) don't stock or throw out a lot of offal and other parts. That's slowly changing, at least around where I am. Plenty of ethnic markets have all the spare parts of an animal one could want, but most Americans don't shop there.

I'm partial to liver and heart. What organ meats/offal does everyone else like?
>>
Id prefer the animals not suffer and my meat be presented in a palatable way.
>>
Except they also avoid plenty of other organs. Its not just a visual thing. Those things tend to have a strange texture and taste terrible unless cooked in highly specific ways. Checkmate.
>>
>implying /ck/ doesn't eat every part of an animal
>>
>>7391312
the general populace does not, and is also unwilling to kill their own food. it is a cycle of ignorance that does not speak against carnality itself, but the strength and prevalence of cognitive bias in society. the same societies that profess democratic government
>>
>>7391143
>carnists
Hello there you limp wristed vegan faggot, I thought trolling as a bannable offence here.
>>
>>7391301
I like liver, have had kidneys before.

I particularly like pork brains.
The idea of getting a prion disease from cow brains scares me greatly.
>>
>>7391312
Offal is great but a lot of people will never touch the stuff because they find it disgusting.
>>
>>7391202
Except for poultry, a lot of people in the Western world today very much are.

It's a recent trend, though. A mere 30 years ago offal had a weekly installation in most diets. Since then, it has had a sharp decline in favour. Coincidentally, vegetarianism amongst Westerners has had a popularity spike over the same period.
>>
>>7391369
I had a dream last night I was eating pickled python head and I finally got to the brain and it didn't taste soo good.
>>
>>7391389
That's an interesting dream.
Brain is minerally and creamy for lack of a better way to describe it.
Really is excellent though.
>>
>>7391202
>Meat eaters usually aren't squeamish with meat products that resemble where the fuck they came from.
Where the fuck do you live? Here in the US people will cry just because the meat from chicken nuggets come from undesirable parts of the animal. A majority get grossed out by anything that isn't your typical muscly meat.
>>
>>7391389
Never had snake offal, but I have had lamb's brain. I use it as second date litmus test.
>>
>>7391384
>Except for poultry
Poultry offal is awesome. The feet are probably the only edible part people in the west find unappealing.

>>7391408
>Where the fuck do you live?
Obviously not in the US so I wasn't aware of that. The only thing here that makes some people, usually women, a little uncomfortable, is rabbit.
>>
>>7391204
Trying to increase the shock value of the pic.
>>
File: PamP.jpg (44 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
PamP.jpg
44 KB, 540x960
>>7391424
>go to brazillian steakhouse
>ask for grilled chicken hearts
Beautiful.

Pic related, the resturaunt I used to work at brined these fuckers for 2 weeks and smoked them for another week on top of that. We cut the cheeks off and the tongues out, and then made headcheese and pork gelatin.
>>
>>7391301

Heart and bone marrow. Most of the liver I have tried hasn't been very appetizing. Maybe I just don't like elk liver, their hearts a fucking awesome though. Whenever a neighbor is butchering a cow they usually just give me the marrow bones for free because nobody else wants them.

Anyone else thing it's funny that OPs attempt at trolling meat-eaters has turned into an offal thread?

>>7391310
That's a poor excuse.
>>
>>7391446
The pork cheek meat is unbelievably tender and tasty. It's something I eat on a regular basis.

Cow/pork tongue is godtier though it takes time and patience unless you use a pressure cooker.
>>
>>7391384
>A mere 30 years ago offal had a weekly installation in most diets. Since then, it has had a sharp decline in favour. Coincidentally, vegetarianism amongst Westerners has had a popularity spike over the same period.
Coincidentally, the kind of people who eat offal today are the kind of hippie vegan extremists who eat high quality ethically raised meat and have access to good quality offal.

In essence, the "decline" you mention is really a decline in consumption of real food, which was replaced with frankenfood injected with stabilizers and soaked in ammonia. People have trained themselves to pretend to enjoy this kind of "meat" in some cuts, but not the anatomically correct ones.
>>
>>7391446
How's headcheese? I was looking forward to making it until I saw that you needed a humongous press. Is it worth it in your mind?
>>
>>7391488
we finished it [spoiler]sous vide[/spoiler]
Sliced it into strips and had it for staff tacos. I was still a dishwasher at that time but I came in early for that shit
>>
>>7391492
It's very strange in terms of texture. I wasn't directly involved in the production (I was a dishwasher at the time) but my understanding was that they just braised the heads whole for a few days.
>>
>>7391490
>Coincidentally, the kind of people who eat offal today are the kind of hippie vegan extremists...

I suppose you don't know a single hunter, farmer, or rancher then.
>>
File: 1447760192602.jpg (32 KB, 425x312) Image search: [Google]
1447760192602.jpg
32 KB, 425x312
>>7391501
He's a fucking idiot, stop replying.
>>
>>7391501
Of course not, those people are rednecks, far beneath the fine city folks like himself.
>>
>>7391490
>this entire post

Hippie extremists are all vegan or vegetarian now; the people who consume offal are the kind of person I call "Culinary adventurers." Not foodies, who are just looking to post on their blog and tell their friends that they ate from the *gasp* UNTRANSLATED PAGE, but the people who go out and hunt actively for new food experiences. also >>7391501, when I killed my first deer I was expected to eat its raw heart. Heavy shit for a 12 year old, but I did it.
>>
Muscle based organs I'll try/eat and keep an open mind but I just have a tough time dealing with the texture of eyeballs.

Cant. Cant. Cant. Id have to swallow it whole.

Girlfriend for a while was Vietnamese and she kept trying to get me to eat the developed chicken embryo thing. Had to draw the line. I'll eat your weird ass cartilage and bone marrow soup (Very good actually) but thats where I just cant do it.
>>
>>7391510
Sounds like the kind of thing that would happen if someone wants to romanticize "the hunt." It also seems a bit dangerous to eat raw meat from a wild animal.

I just cooked the heart from my first deer, and every one after that as well. Nothing particularly special about it.
>>
>>7391563
Eating raw meat from a healthy animal killed recently is perfectly safe, so long as that animal isn't poultry. It was just one bite, and it was a family tradition. Made me feel badass, too, so I'm not complaining.

>>7391542
Bone marrow anything is fucking delicious. Tendon puffs too, if you have a dehydrator.
>>
File: gc1.jpg (61 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
gc1.jpg
61 KB, 640x420
wow, /ck/ has really turned to crap. Hope it doesnt spill into the other boards, but i have a feeling it will.
>>
>>7391585
it is not perfectly safe, and worms arent only common, but a fact of life in beast meat
>>
>>7391143
>carnists
you mean normal people?
>HEY LETS MAKE UP A SILLY NAME TO INSULT NORMAL PEOPLE WITH!!
>>
File: christmasStory.png (177 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
christmasStory.png
177 KB, 500x282
>>7391143
>>
>>7391585
http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/more-than-half-of-deer-in-ne-ohio-infected-by-feral-cats
>>
>>7391599
I don't care, as long as it doesn't infect /b/.
>>
>>7391610
>being afraid of vegetables and only eating boneless skinless chicken breast is normal therefore it's good
Carnist logic
>>
>>7391639
who are you quoting
>>
>>7391634
>>7391601
I didn't die, and never developed any illness as a result of it. Maybe that was luck, but w/e. I plan on raising my kids in the city, and if I do take them out hunting I won't make them eat anything raw if they don't want to.
>>
>>7391639
That's the most distant strawman I've ever seen in my life, holy shit. If this is shitposting, it's artful shitposting at least.
>>
File: wishblocked.gif (738 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wishblocked.gif
738 KB, 320x240
>>7391143
Who the hell deleted an image of pieces of food? Did OP do it to pretend a mod was triggered by it, or was a mod actually triggered by it?
>>
>>7391143
>mods in charge of deleting op pictures (?)
>>
File: 1424036947462.jpg (84 KB, 750x709) Image search: [Google]
1424036947462.jpg
84 KB, 750x709
>>7391830
>/ck/ janitor thinks offal is gore

We're doomed.
>>
>>7391931
they deleted the Brazilian pastry thread too, pretty much a shit move all around.

but this is...a special kind of stupid. Hiroshima is real
>>
>>7391804
Yeah no, a mod was actually triggered by it. It's been happening a lot lately.
>>
File: welcometock.jpg (44 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
welcometock.jpg
44 KB, 480x640
here is a present for you, OP.
>and for you, shitty fucking janitor that deletes food pics
>>
>>7391475
Would bone marrow be considered offal?

And yeah, OP made an awful thread, so we made it an offal thread!
>>
To respond a bit to the original troll, I was raised knowing where
My meat comes from and I have raised my children the same way.

You want to teach the food cycle, take a grill and a few jugs of water with you fishing.

When a kid takes a fish off the hook and hands it to you and fifteen minutes later they are eating it while still fishing, yeah that pretty much seals the deal on where meat comes from.

Also suggested, get some live chickens from the farmers market and have them help with killing draining and plucking them for dinner.

Respect the animals that give you meat. You cannot respect what you don't know.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.