[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tasty vodka cocktails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: vodka.jpg (62 KB, 728x455) Image search: [Google]
vodka.jpg
62 KB, 728x455
I'm watching a shitty movie in theatres tomorrow with friends and I figured I'd atleast enjoy myself.

What are some vodka cocktails that actually taste good. I don't care about looking like a pussy.
>>
>>7390373
Pretty much anything. Vodka has a neutral flavor so it mixes pretty well with just about anything. Just pick something that sounds good.
>>
White Russian, screwdriver, lemon drops, mix it with red bull or crystal light. Whatever u want.
>>
I seriously don't understand how you can't just like the taste of vodka straight. I admittedly am someone who enjoys most spirits straight, but I absolutely believe that differences in taste buds make that the experience different for different people, and don't think it gives me any "cool" points or takes any away from them. But good quality vodka seriously just tastes like slightly fruity water with a slight bite to it. I don't know how people can be so offended to the taste of it. If you're just having a hard time putting it down, some tonic or sparkling water could help I suppose. A splash of a juice you like in the tonic water could be good too. I also have tried vodka in a light beer before and it was pretty good. But mixing it with soda or a shit load of artificial flavors and sugar is kinda overkill, and would kinda make you a little bitch...
>>
>>7390391

Or you can buy shit vodka and some juice and still get drunk. I save my money for good beer, good rum, and good whiskey. I would never go above Tito's for vodka. Diminishing returns.

What movie, OP?
>>
kamikaze-- 1/3 vodka, 1/3 triple sec, 1/3 lime juice
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 372x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 372x525
Sea Breeze!~~ :3

Vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice. Super tasty, nice spring drink, and good for your urinary tract too.
>>
>>7390373
lately I have been mixing mine with different types of stuff; orange mango juice tastes good. I had about half of one of those screwoff top rockstars so I poured a bit in there and it worked good as a shaker. I also did the same thing with a 1.5 L bottle of moutain dew and also have tried it with surge. One of my favorites by far is mixing with either the pina colada, lime freeze, or sour apple rockstars. Lime and pina also taste great with tequilla.

Worst mistake was trying to mix tang powder with vodka, ended up having to finish 8floz of vodka that slightly tasted like orange.
>>
A dirty martini is the only acceptable answer.
...so dirty
...so...fucking....
DIIIIIIRRRTYYYYY
>>
>>7391583
A vodka martini is a waste of vermouth.
>>
I have always loved moscow mules, feels like a drink that will put hair on your chest if you get a good ginger beer and not a weak one. It's kind of a shame that it's been co-opted by hipsters, but at least it means that bars keep ginger beer in stock now.

I make 'em like 2oz Vodka, 1oz lime, and 1/2 bottle of ginger beer
>>
>>7391583
Gin isn't vodka
>>
>>7390377
what this guy said

but i will add, don't get super cheap vodka trash. it's going to burn your throat. get something with quality
>>
>>7391591
>>7391597
Vodka Martini > Gin Martini
This is a fact when it comes to the diiiiirtyyyyness
>>
>>7390373
What does seeing a movie have to do with vodka cocktails?
>>
>>7391608
fuck no gin is the superior spirit
>>
File: drink Kamikaze.png (309 KB, 628x1023) Image search: [Google]
drink Kamikaze.png
309 KB, 628x1023
>>7390459
>kamikaze

Agreed, I usually get one to start off the night and one before heading home (drinking beer in-between)

Though bars make the drinks too small and IMO and they ought to be served in a Collins glass instead of an Old Fashioned glass.
>>
File: moscow-mule-single.jpg (174 KB, 640x927) Image search: [Google]
moscow-mule-single.jpg
174 KB, 640x927
>>7390373
Moscow Mule is literally the only correct answer to this question.
>>
>>7392126
Why make a Moscow Mule when you're already halfway to a Dark 'n Stormy?
>>
>>7390373
Vodka and cranberry juice.

Or if you want to get more complicated and the recipes vary, a seabreeze. The chicks love these, they show that you care.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Breeze_%28cocktail%29
>>
>>7391608

what the fuck am I reading?

gin >>>>> vodka
>>
OP is onto something. Make a cocktail or two, funnel them into a flask and take them with you to the movies. I used to have a system like Grandpa from The Boondocks to sneak food into theaters. I used to sneak in Dinty Moore beef stew and pastrami sandwiches on rye.
>>
>>7391608
>I prefer spirits that don't have a taste to spirits that have a complex botanical bouquets
Haha what?
>>
I just mix it with Sprite and fresh squeezed lemon. Tastiest vodka drink and isn't any sweeter than a Sprite.
>>
>>7392208
I buy the flavored vodka because it is easier to drink straight and sneak in flasks.
>>
chill vodka, put in glass, drink

one of the best cocktails
>>
TEA YOU MASSIVE FAGGOT, JUST DRINK IT WITH PLAIN HOT TEA
>>
>4 shots 100 proof vodka
> one fruit lunch drink mix
> teaspoon of sweet n low
> 7 up zero
Totalling eight fluid oz

3 before bed, I have a problem & it's not funny.
>>
File: SpanishOlives-stuffed.jpg (17 KB, 200x355) Image search: [Google]
SpanishOlives-stuffed.jpg
17 KB, 200x355
>>7390373
>I don't care about looking like a pussy.

>vodka
>ice
>a few of these

manliness achieved
>>
>>7390377
>>7390391
I once mixed wodka with a peaty whisky when I was visiting Poland.
Was actually bretty good.
>>
>>7392208
GOLDEN RULE FOR FLASKS:
Never mix with anything sparkling. It will ruin your flask.

>>7392363
Kill yourself
>>
>>7393120
Hmmm, best cocktail ever is 'The Malory'.
- all parts vodka
- one cherry tomato

Trust.
>>
File: 8536716.jpg (1 MB, 1630x3000) Image search: [Google]
8536716.jpg
1 MB, 1630x3000
This is now a flask thread.
>>
>>7393515
That's kind of cool how that one can be opened multiple ways. It would easy to fill and also to clean.
>>
File: dscn0736.jpg (1 MB, 1802x1536) Image search: [Google]
dscn0736.jpg
1 MB, 1802x1536
I wonder if all these alcohol posts are spam by some alcohol trade group.
>>
>>7394479
Pretty sure there's enough lonely drunks on 4chan that it wouldn't be necessary.
>>
>>7392208
Beef stew at the movies. That's a regular laugh riot, there.
>>
File: fuck, my balls!.jpg (29 KB, 620x396) Image search: [Google]
fuck, my balls!.jpg
29 KB, 620x396
>>7393515

Is that a “flask” for cigarets?

I have an engraved pewter flask I got for standing up at a buddy’s wedding, but I only use it to carry Apple Pie Moonshine when ice fishing.
>>
>>7391684
>Not drinking in the theatre
>Shigg
>>
Vodka & ice water.
>>
For vodka, I stuck with Screwdrivers. Cranberry vodka was okay as well, but, usually went for what was the best sweet spot for least congeners and lowest price. Mineral water or Gatorade was usually the most practical chaser. If I cared about flavor, I'd usually get Bulleit bourbon or, if I had the money to blow, Four Roses Yellow Label and not even consider mixing.
>>
WHITE RUSSIAN AND ANYTHING ELSE IS WRONG. WHITE RUSSIANS TASTE LIKE MILKSHAKES.
>>
>>7391572
not complete without the benzos
>>
>>7391591
>using vermouth
>in any martini
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.