[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like my steak rare, coffee black and chocolate 90% or higher.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12
File: 2f77e2_5573667.jpg (327 KB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
2f77e2_5573667.jpg
327 KB, 1944x1296
I like my steak rare, coffee black and chocolate 90% or higher. I refuse to believe, however, that a lot of you genuinely dislike 'pleb' foods. There must be 5 people on the planet at most who would eat a Cadburys dairy milk and actually not enjoy the taste, or get one of Starbucks dessert coffees and think it tastes bad. Even a well done steak tastes delicious, you'd have to purposefully burn a piece of beef to make it taste bad
>>
It's just insecure children who want to appear mature by pretending they like very specific things in order to gain a false sense of superiority.
>>
>>7389784
but cadbury's dairy milk has actually been shit for years ever since the americans took over
>>
>>7389796
This
There are a lot of insecure 16-19 year olds on this website
And they all feel the need to look cool to everyone all the time under all circumstances
I like black coffee just fine, although I do prefer a spoonful of honey, but to say a scooters carmelicious isn't good would be retarded
Might as well say ice cream is bad
>>
File: culture.jpg (24 KB, 289x211) Image search: [Google]
culture.jpg
24 KB, 289x211
>>7389784
Don't get upset if I ask you where something is in Target if you wear khakis and a red shirt when you shop.
>>
Hhahah fucking casuals have ruined this board
>>
I personally can't stand super sweet/sugary things, so yeah, I think cadbury's and dessert coffees are terrible.

I know that's not normal, though, but saying there are only 5 people in the world who aren't addicted to sugar is going a bit far.
>>
>>7389814
>>7389796
These posts smell like insecurity
>>
>>7389829
As does yours.
>>
>>7389814
>spoonful of honey
>in coffee
Am I being meme or is this something people actually do?
>>
>>7389834
No it doesn't
>>
>>7389840
This just makes it seem even more insecure.
>>
>>7389810
Did it change in the UK? I haven't eaten junk food in years since I turned /fit/, and I know American chocolate has some chemical in it that makes it taste like shit. It would be a shame if it made its way over here, dairy milk really was the shit
Reeces too. I used to eat 8-10 peanut butter cups in a sitting
>>
For things like sweet choclate I'm okay with, but sweet cakes I find disgusting. I much prefer something like an ice-cream cake or a cheese cake.
>>
>>7389835
Tried it out of necessity more than anything
Blog incoming
I was at work, hungover as fuck, needed coffee, and the coffee at work sucked and we only had non dairy creamer so I needed something to make the coffee suck less
Honey it was
>>
>>7389784
>I like my steak rare,
ok reasonable
>coffee black and chocolate 90% or higher.
OP is such a faggot he made a thread about himself

I will never believe people are somehow finding these depths of flavor in what are basically straight fucking coffee and cocoa beans. Especially with the chocolate, that 90+% stuff is literally made for retarded moms who read somewhere that cocoa powder is healthy and want to shovel it in
>>
>>7389892
>herp derp your taste is wrong
>>
well done steaks are genuinely not very nice most of the time.

otherwise no, dairy milk and starbucks fraps are fine, they're just slightly unpalatably sweet. that's not really about being a 'pleb' though it's about having a sweet tooth.
>>
>>7389892
>stop liking things i don't like
>>
File: tip.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>I like my chocolate 90% or higher
>>
>>7389784
what's your fucking point, dipshit
>>
A well done steak may taste alright but the texture is entirely wrong.
>>
>>7389784
I actually don't like very sweet foods and snacks
>>
Pure chocolate is disgusting. It has to have something else in it.
>>
>>7389784
>Cadburys dairy milk
Tastes like cheap chocolate made with a fuckton of sugar. It's not bad, but I would never seek it out.
>Starbucks dessert coffees
Another cloyingly sweet thing. I would enjoy the first sip or two, but it would quickly become too much for me.
>a well done steak tastes delicious,
This is true. It just seems like a waste if the steak was good enough to be perfectly soft at med rare to cook it to well. It's like using a really nice bottle of wine for cooking - you can do it and the result will be delicious, but it's kind of a waste.
>>
>>7390142
>texture

I would punch any one of my family or friends if they used that word seriously.
>>
>>7390334

...why
>>
>>7389784

I like my steak medium, my coffee nonexistent, and my chocolate of the milk variety.

Food snobs are faggots.
>>
i like all half decent chocolate (waxy dollar store shit pls go) and all non fatty beef
but i cannot drink hot coffee anyway except black
>>
>>7390334
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>7390348
He's an angsty teenager acting out anonymously on the internet since no one will take him seriously in real life.
>>
>>7390348
And that's another phrase I can't fucking stand. I hear it all the time.
>>
I would rather eat nothing than eat a well-done steak or a desert coffee with cream in it, unless I was starving.

Having said that, other people can eat what they want.
>>
Cadbury creme eggs are fucking sickening UGH

WOOF

OOGH

NO THANKS YOU
>>
>>7390363
Not surprising.
>>
>>7390363
Nobody appreciates subtle humor these days.
>>
>>7390363
That isn't surprising at all, because there definitely is something wrong with you. Chill out.
>>
>>7389784
>steak rare, coffee black and chocolate 90% or higher

Tryhard trifecta.
>>
>>7390403
>>7390381

>the joke

your head
>>
>>7389784
>hurr hurr manly
once you'll get older you'll realize none of this shit matters
>>
>>7389796

aka scotch drinkers
>>
>>7390532

>everyone just pretends to like things that are good in order to fit in with other people who are only pretending to like them
>>
>>7390541
Nah, just the ones that find it necessary to talk about it anonymously on the internet and insecurely call out anyone who doesn't agree with their "patrician" tastes.
>>
>>7390575
Not the Anon you're replying to, but I don't think too many people eat or drink things for the image those things project. Where they shop and what restaurants they eat at generally reflect their class status (or aspirations), but when it comes to something as personal as what they actually put in their mouths I think most folks choose what they actually like.

But there is a difference between simple and complex tasting foods. Complex flavors inspire connoisseurship, which creates a luxury market for the most prized examples. This is why you can find ground beef in just about any supermarket, but have to go out of your way to get your hands on a dry aged Prime steak. To someone who is content with a burger made from supermarket ground beef spending the extra time and money for the more complex flavors of the dry aged steak might seem silly or pretentious. But for someone with the dough to blow and a love of complex flavors it's a no brainer.
>>
>>7390665
>dough to blow
I will NEVER understand this concept

If you have money you're in the best position to make more money, that you can then blow for more coke and hookers.
>>
>>7389850
>American chocolate has a chemical in it that makes it taste like shit.
Let me guess, you think all American beer is either pissed water or IPA?

There are so many brands of chocolate, and even more if you go to local shops.
>>
Let's make some Vegans Salty

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12154748/The-foie-gras-activists-have-got-it-so-wrong.html

>VOTE YES

because its delicious
>>
Cheap milk chocolate tastes like shit

If you want a sugary desert drinks, just order a soy late. Its not like you can actually taste any coffee.

If you are going to eat a steak well done just get a cheap cut. Don't feel the need to buy an expensive cut just because you want to be fancy.
>>
>2016
>drinking coffee
>>
>>7390665

While I agree with everything you wrote, and would think it'd be common sense had I never come here, I'd brace yourself for the few dozen trilby reaction images that are undoubtedly on your way.
>>
>>7390671
Cocaine and hookers are the best
>>
>>7390671
In the US people are so used to food being cheap that many people recoil at paying more (often substantially more) for better quality food. Also the idea of being a connoisseur doesn't really fit with the generally held Protestant populist values. Being too fond of good things makes you a snob here, where in countries where they place a greater cultural value on the quality of the food they eat (France, Italy, Japan) choosing the good stuff over the cheap if you can afford it is just common sense.
>>
>>7390730
You are the epitome of self hating.

The U.S. dominates the world in everything - yes, everything.
>>
>>7389784
>Even a well done steak tastes delicious
White rice tastes delicious if I'm hungry enough.

Problem is that a well done steak, it's not the steak that tastes good, but the fat. (Furthermore a lean steak or well marbled steak DOES taste like shit if well done)
>>
>>7390689
Coming here has definitely showed me how sheltered my life has been in terms of food. I always thought foods like Kraft Dinner, frozen pizza and chicken nuggets were things working poor parents fed to their fussy children when they didn't feel like cooking. I had no idea there were adults out there eating that stuff, and they'd call you a snob if you dared to suggest it was anything but delicious.
>>
>>7390775
Thank you Fox News. Now don't you have some Costco pizza to eat?
>>
>Starbucks dessert coffees
Only thing you mentioned I genuinely hare, tastes kinda like coffee but not really. It's like taking a sip Vodka thinking it's water

>The U.S. dominates the world in everything - yes, everything.
Mongolian finger painting?
>>
>>7390801
You are speaking to the lead Mongolian fingerpainting expert at the Smithsonian.

better watch what you say bitch
>>
>>7389881
>>7389835
I made some vanilla brown sugar simple syrup and put it in my coffee every morning. What a beautiful thing that is.
>>
>>7390363
underrated post
>>
>>7390808
Then why does the US constantly lose the WMFC finals to Uzbekistan?
>>
>>7389881

I'm kind of curious but also apprehensive to actually try this.
>>
>>7389892

It's probably not why OP drinks it, but I personally need that jolt of bitterness to wake up in the morning along with the caffeine.
>>
>>7390822
The Uzbekistani government heavily subsidies their MFP program to attract international athletes. Hence most American fingerpainters emigrate to a country that supports their sport

It's like you don't even read the news
>>
>>7389824
>casuals
cooking is so hardcore bro
>>
File: 1827_tri.jpg (75 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1827_tri.jpg
75 KB, 600x400
Actually it's harder to cook a steak well-done. So it should really be superior to a pink steak. I always order my steak well-done, and then I say "no pink".
>>
>>7389796
>>
>>7390334
>texture
oh sorry, I meant mouthfeel
>>
>>7390875
OMG so fucking triggered. Both off those words.
>>
>>7390882

How the fuck could "texture" trigger you?

It's as innocuous a descriptor as "color".
>>
>>7390887
Because the only food texture he recognizes is crunchy.
>>
>>7390894

>crunchy

Now I'm triggered.
>>
>>7389784
Starbucks dessert coffees either have to be really hot och freezing cold to be enjoyable, anything near room temperature and you will instantly feel how vile it actually tastes.
Even though i have never tried Cadburys (scandinavian) i do not enjoy generic milk choclate since it often tastes way too sweet.

A well done steak can be good if it's rested properly so the juices remains, but i will actually enjoy a rare steak much more.

I do eat fast food sometimes when i am on the road or shitfaced, but i still ofc enjoy a proper meal from a real restaurant or home cooked meal a lot more.
>>
>>7389784
>steak rare
Not my taste, but have fun

>Coffee black
I only put half-and-half in it at restaurants, I drink what I make black, mostly for calorie watching.

>90% dark chocolate
Confirmed for shit taste. It's not "better" and you don't have "patrician" taste because you've convinced yourself that baker's chocolate is palatable when the shit is a natural bitterant.
>>
I eat food. It either tastes good or it doesn't. I don't give an ass fucking whore about the texture. Where do these children come from?
>>
>>7389784

I like my coffee like my wife likes her men: black
>>
>>7390671
in all sincerity kinsman if I were rich the only thing I'd spend lots of money on is food.
>>
>90% + cocoa

about 60% is best. I find it hard to believe people with "sophisticated" palates actually prefer super-high cocoa %. It's not "objectively" better in the way rare and medium steaks are.
>>
>>7390923
I like my blacks like I like my coffee

burned and crushed
>>
>>7390914
>I don't give an ass fucking whore about the texture.
Then you never have to waste your money on fillet mignon.
>>7390931
>about 60% is best.
Depends on how sweet you like things. I go for 80% not because it's richer, but because it tastes less sweet to me, and that's better in my book.
>>
>>7390672
American choclate literally taste like vomit
>>
>>7389850
Are you thinking about the Dutch process? That's the distinctive taste of cheap American chocolate and cocoa.
>>
>>7389810
it always tasted shit
>>
>>7390931

You eat it in a small bite or two at a time as opposed to shoving an entire bar down your throat like you're probably used to doing.
>>
>muh rare steak and black coffee
>let me show you how manly I am by what I like to put in my mouth and swallow
>board is literally /c(uc)k/

things like this are what keep bringing me back
>>
>>7391055

>people who do things differently than me are just trying to project a certain image and can't possible enjoy such things
>>
>>7391087

reading comprehension is hard
>>
>>7391033
>mfw people on this board eat baking bars likely made by pleb tier chocolate makers like lindt and ghirardelli and think they have "good taste"
90% or more is not meant to be consumed directly you idiots. why not skip the cocoa butter as well and just spoon unsweetened cocoa powder into your mouths?
>>
>>7391055
You are projecting so hard you might break a bulb
>>
>>7391126

>90% is not meant to be consumed directly

Well, now that you've shown that you don't know what you're talking about everyone will know to ignore you from now on.
>>
>>7391149
Not even him, but that's not how an anonymous image board works m80
>>
>>7389784
>OP reminds me the new baristas at the local Starbucks are HORRIBLE.

First world problems I guess. The old crew took time to blend up the drinks while the new crew just kind of half-asses the blending part so you wind up with crushed ice separated from the ingredients.

I miss the old crew. They knew what the fuck they were doing and were bro-tier.
>>
>>7391449
>expecting consistency or care from highschool/college students making 9$ an hour

If you're urban, there are definitely great coffee shops near you. Making the trip out every day is impractical and expensive, but it is definitely worth it to treat yourself now and again.
>>
I only like really dark chocolate because I started with this, tried 70% and kind of liked it, got used to it, tried 80% and found it a little bitter, got used to it etc
I break up about 20g a day and let it melt on my tongue. Would still wolf down a galaxy though
>>
>>7391653
galaxy is fucking shit
>>
>>7391851
wrong you fucking faggot
>>
>>7390672
>>7390970

the hershey process is what he's talking about. it's not all american chocolate. but yeah hersheys legitimately tastes of puke, especially the stuff with rancid almonds in it holy shit
>>
>>7390914
Anyone who thinks like this should boil pasta until its mush and then tell me if it goes down just as good.
>>
File: 1410477687777.gif (9 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1410477687777.gif
9 KB, 645x773
>>7389784
>I like my steak rare, coffee black and chocolate 90% or higher
That's a nice opinion you have there. I'm still experimenting with steak so I'm not sure what I like, but I think I like 'em medium. I also prefer tea over coffee and enjoy my chocolate milky.

Nothing wrong with that. Let's agree to disagree [spoiler]unless you're a muslim[/spoiler]
>>
>>7390914

i'm not sure you understand what texture is
>>
>>7392435
actually i'm right you fat nigger
>>
>>7390672
American beer IS either piss water or IPA
>>
>>7389784
I think you fail to understand the point of this board
>>
>>7389784
I can eat steak however it's cooked if it's a good cut.
I don't drink coffee.
I don't like anything that is excessively sweet. When I do eat chocolates or doughnuts I need milk to offset the sweetness.
>>
>>7393315
but milk is sweet
>>
I disagree with the well done steak but yeah simple things make us the happiest
>>
>>7393448
>simple things make us the happiest
Agree completely, but with simple things quality matters. It's hard to beat a ripe apple picked right off the tree or a potato freshly dug from the ground. But neither a Cadbury Dairy Milk or a Starbucks dessert coffee are simple things. Soy lecithin and artificial vanilla flavor are not simple ingredients - they are manufactured in industrial plants.
>>
>>7389810
if it's the stuff manufactured in the US, then yes, it is shit. the recipe is different compared to the UK recipe. it also sucks that the US has banned importation of UK chocolate. fortunately in canada, we get the UK dairy milks.
>>
>>7393550
the recipe changed in 2010
>>
I eat raw cocoa powder. You are all plebs to me.
>>
>>7393783
I used to do this as a kif whenever I made hot chocolate
>>
>>7389784
>one of Starbucks dessert coffees and think it tastes bad
I re-examined my diet a handful of years ago as I was in university and eating take out, fast food, drinking pop, and all sorts of other shit. Did my best to start eating healthy and cut out a lot of sugar and completely stopped drinking pop.

While it's not "bad" tasting a lot of stuff I simply find too sweet but that is a result of doing my goddamn hardest to eat as little extra sugar as I can. Don't get me wrong now, every week to 10 days I'll have a day and buy a load of shit from the grocery store and pig out but I feel like garbage after. But back on track to your statement, OP, some stuff I find too sweet to enjoy. It's good, yeah, but would feel much better if it were only slightly less sweet
>>
>>7393871
This actually happened to me today. I've been on a keto diet for about a month and a half, maybe two. I've lost 20lbs so far and I wanted to have a McDonalds sweet tea with my lunch. I used to love them because they were just a bit sweeter than the tea my grandparents used to make. After I drank approximately a cup of sugar I felt like complete shit. I could down two of them as well as a meal and not feel anything before I started my diet.
>>
>>7393871

i always found starbucks desert coffees sickly sweet. i don't like food that is much sweeter than it needs to be. I'm not even a chocolate guy of any kind. it doesn't mean i hate chocolate, it's just not my go-to. if i were to have chocolate, it would be a terry's chocolate orange, frozen, and at most 3 wedges at a time.
>>
>>7389784
>not eating cocoa seeds

Literal plebs eat processed chocolate
>>
>>7389784
i don't see the point of this thread but you've hooked me in to reply. You're completely right, people like different things and the sooner all the losers on this website realise that the better
>>
>>7394342
>chocolate orange
>>
>>7394342
>chocolate orange
What is that?
>>
>>7393330
Not compared to cordial cherries.
>>
File: image.jpg (981 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
981 KB, 2592x1936
>>7389796
Yep.

People who get pretentious over food seem to have some sort of problem in their lives. It certainly does not make them seem cool or superior.

I've even had people tell me that they only peel bananas the 'correct' way.

Of all the things in the world to brag about, Why brag about what you prefer to digest and shit out later?
>>
>>7389857
It's not about personal taste, it is about feeling superior to others who do not share your tastes. Like thinking people who eat sweet cakes are inferior plebs while you sit there professionally eating non-sweet cakes like a god.
>>
File: terrys-chocolate-orange.jpg (19 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
terrys-chocolate-orange.jpg
19 KB, 296x296
>>7394369
Exactly what it sounds like.
>>
>>7394399
That looks so fucking delicious.
>>
>>7394406
it is
>>
>>7392458
Yes Hershey's is garbage.

I don't base my entire opinion on British beer and ales on garbage brands there.

I doubt you can even get half the chocolate in my local candy shop over the Atlantic, because it is local.
>>7392952
Lel. I'd believe you of you actually went to a brewery in the states.

Even New Belgium makes some great beer.
>>
>>7394399
>>7394406
god tier
>>
>>7389835
It's a thing. Cafe Miel
>>
File: Oh dear - Star Trek.jpg (88 KB, 1024x770) Image search: [Google]
Oh dear - Star Trek.jpg
88 KB, 1024x770
>>7394585
>Muh microchocolateries
>>
>>7393791
Clearly, by /ck/'s standards, we are gentlemen of refined taste.
>>
>>7394399
The 'dark' chocolate version is even better
>>
>>7390775
Definitly in stupidity.
>>
>>7397101
So says the person who doesn't know how to spell definitely.
>>
>>7393330
...since when is milk sweet?
>>
>>7397114
since it's loaded with lactose, which is since forever.
>>
>>7397108
Not my native language and on my phone.
Spelling errors can happen ;)
>>
>tfw cooking drunk and you overcook your $23 ribeye to well done

What a waste
>>
>>7397120
Are we talking about taste here?

My milk never tastes sweet
>>
>>7389892
your a dumbass. i don't like black coffee.

but i LOVE 90% cocoa chocolate! in fact i think milk chocolate tastes waayyy too sugary/milky and is gross. kthxbai
>>
>>7397139
For some reason warmed milk tastes sweet to me
>>
>>7397152
>kthxbai
fuck off and never come back
>>
>>7390411
>>the joke
>your head

Your mum,my dick
>>
>>7397647
>too dumb to get the joke
>too dumb to even spell 'mom'
Can he be even more retarded?
>>
>>7395342
Fuck yeah, this is my shit. Anything chocolate orange really, I think it's the best combination.
>>
Im from germany , and i always when food tasting to sweet i get some feeling of burn on my tongue , its feel like if you eating who something what taste chemical.
>>
>>7390867
What you're after is a roast.
>>
>>7389784
yea, this, I wouldn't like the dessert coffee tho, because I don't like coffee
>>
Chocolate sucks in general.
Everything else is spot on.
>>
>>7399795
Are you for real with that right there?
Jesus, how do you even understand anything on here
>>
>>7399874
>chocolate sucks
Thats you're opinion and it's obviously fine, I just feel bad for people who can't enjoy certain things like I do.
It's the same thing for people with nut allergies. They'll never experience the joy I feel when I demolish a bag of roasted unsalted mixed nuts (without pecans)
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.