[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does /ck/ eat avocados? I like them with balsamic vinegar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 276x183
how does /ck/ eat avocados? I like them with balsamic vinegar and some salt but I'd like to find some other good ways of eating them
>>
I really like the taste of avocados/guacamole, but sadly I am allergic to it. I don't die or anything, but my throat swallows up uncomfortably and general itchiness in the mouth
>>
>>7389716
I mash them up and mix it with tuna

makes it nice and creamy
>>
Lime and salt is my go to method.

Occasionally I will remove the pit and bake an egg in the avocado half.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 101x124) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 101x124
put some beans like butter beans inside and drizzle a nice olive oil on top some salt, some pepper. mmm
>>
At home?
Avacado "sushi" rolls
Little chunks of avacado in my salads
>>
File: eat me.jpg (44 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
eat me.jpg
44 KB, 480x240
>>7389726
>...throat swallows up...
>>
Mashed avocado with olive oil and salt to use as spread for bread.
>>
Half an avocado, with boiled shrimp and pink sauce.
>>
My grandpa used to buy plastic tubs of shrimp ceviche they made at the mexican market and put scoops of it into the hole where the pit was and eat that with this weirdly precise radial method where he'd carefully scoop a little bit of the ceviche and a little bit of the flesh from the center out toward the skin, then rotate it and do it again, so that he didn't need a plate or bowl or anything and the only dirty dishes he ended up with was the knife and the spoon. He was a weird old fuck.
>>
Waiting for that pic. You know the one.
>>
File: 64364354875374.jpg (326 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
64364354875374.jpg
326 KB, 1200x1600
>>7390309
>>
>>7390316
thx senpai
>>
File: 1441062150273.jpg (28 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1441062150273.jpg
28 KB, 480x480
You have to know this one weird trick...
>>
>>7389716
well, sometimes with shrimp + sauce(varies),as guacamole,on sandwiches or on a pizza with something like cilantro,shrimp and lime.
>>
>>7389716
Salt, cilantro, lime.
>>
Avocado sauce pasta
>>
>>7389716
Chili garlic sauce and salt
Roasted pork and chili garlic sauce
Salt and pepper
Go chu jang
Honey mustard
On toast with any of the above condiments
On a cheese sandwich with any of the above condiments
>>
>>7389716
Spread on sourdough toast with some season salt.
>>
Drizzle olive oil and soy sauce on top
finish with sea salt and pepper
>>
Slice the thing in half and remove the pit
Fill the cavity with sugar and eat with a spoon
My mom used to do this for me
>>
On a bagel with hummus and balsamic vinegar.
>>
>>7389716
raw
>>
>ctrl F
> no lemon juice
What the fuck, people
try lemon juice on your avos
>>
>>7391220
lime juice is my fave
>>
salt and hot sauce master race
>>
My number one way is to cut the avocado in half, take out the seed, squeeze a lime over it, and eat it right out the skin with some tortilla chips.

My second favorite way is to have it cubed on the side of a plate of pinto beans and rice.

My gf loves them on sandwiches (which I find way too fatty), but she also doesn't use mayo like a normal human so maybe it helps makes the sandwich less dry.
>>
Scoop the flesh into a blender
Add milk, several ice cubes, and sweetener
Blend until frothy
>>
>>7391243
That sounds foul.
>>
>>7391252
Try it. Ain't nothin wrong with a avocado milkshake
>>
>>7389728
Tuna Salad with Avocado instead of mayo...
Holy fucking shit you genius.
>>
I know you guys will hate me, but I love mashing it with some mayo (along with salt, pepper, lemon/lime, pepper/hot sauce) and eating it with tortilla chips.
>>
>>7389716
I make a thick sweet citrusy soy sauce and dip cut slices in it.

I eat it with hummus.

Put on top of carnitas with crema and cilantro.

Typing all that down I realize how cliche "California cuisine" I am :-/
>>
I mush them up with limejuice, olive oil, black peper, salt, chilipowder and garlicpowder and spread them on toast.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.