[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to buy ostrich meat today. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
I'm going to buy ostrich meat today. What am I in for?
>>
>>7388469
ostrich burgers I'm guessing?
>>
>>7388469
immense cholesterol
>>
>>7388473
No, I was thinking fillet. The picture is just unrelated.
>>
>>7388476
Pretty sure panned seared rare is the recommended way of cooking. I bet a peppercorn sauce on it would be good.
>>
>>7388485
I was planning to just sear them(?, give them a surface) and then place them in a mix of whiskey and broth and put them in the oven to heat them up.
>>
>>7388469
Why are you falling for the beef vs ostrich shitposter?
>>
>>7388509
Just wanted to try it out, I don't even know of this shitposter.
>>
>>7388469
Is ostrich meat good? I've been meaning to try some.
How does it hold up against other meats.
>>
Just eat beef you fag. There's a reason that these meme bush meats like kangaroo are not popular. Because they're not as good as beef.
>>
>>7388549
>aninal that only lives in a specific, quite remote part of the world
Vs
>animal that lives everywhere

Wow sure it has to be because of the taste that beef is so populat
>>
>>7388509
Because I invested my superannuation into an ostrich farm and if the farm fails then I fail so buy and eat a fucking ostrich.
>>
>>7388469
Those ostrich skeletons coming to get their meat back
>>
>>7388469
>>7388515

It's very stringy but not enough to be totally unpleasant. Think of Venison mixed with lamb with less taste.

It's also quite fatty but has surprisingly little/mild taste.
>>
>>7389348
But how would you compare it to beef?
>>
>>7389518
I wouldn't
>>
>>7388469
electricity whent off for a few hours , now that i have my PC and internet again even commenting in this thread is the the most productive thing in my life
>>
>>7389518
It tastes just like beef.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.